Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corrupted Marine

Technical Darkness Project

At corrupt,

Sorry about this, but I am going to have to drop out of this project die to the fact that it seems that this project is going to be a flop or will never be finished. Sorry about this, but I hope that the project still goes smoothly for you and anyone who decides to help you.

well... thanks, im glad you feel that way. the reason the project is dead as it is is because noone will help me.

but i understand where you are coming from. thanks for trying.

I REALLY WISH GZDOOM WORKED FOR ME!
Then you would have me helping out....

- sausage -

well... i have basically decided to just go with zdoom. or i DID decide. but i dont have anyone to work with me, i am no good at coding, and i need a coder very badly.

ZDoom Rulez!

IM IN!!

i can do some basic acs coding and now it is in normal zdoom i am sure some people will help out :D

- sausage -

Have you got all the guns done yet?
And/or Textures. Because i want to get started asap :D

- sausage -

Bad news buddy, those 3d floor thingies (sloped ones including) won't appear in Zdoom. I'd advice to remove them if you're sticking with Zdoom.

Also, the map itself is looking nice but I feel it's like butter alone.. without the bread. I'd really advise to spend a bit more time on pre-planning or at least a tiny tought on what the map is supposed to be, and why will be cool? I'm sick to death seing metal facilities and techbases disguised under beatiful names (like Sewage Plant Alpha Processing Facility). What I'm seing here is a nice looking map, but a bore of a brick map. What is it actually? A fortress? A backyard? Try to think about the concept of the map itself before you spend time on building it. The build games are perfect to learn from. Look at Shadow Warrior-most levels (like Unfriendly Skies, that had a plane crash into an airport) were designed with great IDEAS on the WHOLE LEVEL in mind, so they weren't actually facility a, base b, facility c, laboratory d, blah. But not to diss techbases, Quake 2 is a good example of how seemingly generic techbases can be very cool-compare the Laboratory level with the Processing Plant or the Mines and you'll see my point. There's a lot of ideas put into the levels themselves (turbines, machinery that has purpose, crushers, drills, and those weird thingies that crush marines to a bio mass). Too many people seem to forget about that and just focus on building architecture. Spotting their levels are somewhat lacking in the base structure they pack even more details until it becomes a mess of details. Despite having boasted myself with making maps of several thousand sectors, I'm always with the conceptual grandness over build quality preference people.

Just tought I'd drop my 2 cents ;)

lol, well Nmn, you have shamed me once more... :)
but this one actually does have a planned out theme. it is an old military base. (see the grass, and the water fountain?) this is the courtyard, and i havent finished any of the inside of the base yet, but when i do, it will be computers and tech stuff. see Nmn, im not that stupid. lol
but as you know, im not much for level design anyways, you know what i like to do! make gunz!

It was not my intention to shame you, rather help you out somehow. Military base you say? Maybe add some vehicles, barracks? It was only that outside that looked a bit plain. Keep on mapping dude, eager to see results.

i know u werent shamin me, i was just messin. lol
well, my old plan 'was' to create some tanks and things in md2 or md3 format, and then create a vehicle garage. however, this project has went from gzdoom to zdoom. so thats not possible anymore. so i guess im just going to have to go old school. lol

Old skool rulez!

i would advise for some extra detail in certain areas.
Not much, But a good bit of eye-candy makes people happy :D

- sausage -

Nah you have some real potential to be a very good mapper. I can see originality in your style.

Offtopic-hmm? Doom artist? No more "Next NMN" ;)

lol, I didnt realise that!
I Guess NMN Was proud of that in a way...

If you want corrupt, i can help you with mapping. You make a map. ill touch it up:)

Does this sound good?

- sausage -

You guys remind me of myself and ellmo, two dudes working on a great (omg!) project. Then Grubber came in and DRD Team Was born. Good ol' times.

Keep on working guys, this might turn out into a really cool project :)

Hey corrupt, my tour to Iraq was cancelled, I was to sent in with the reserves, so I guess that I could get back to helping out the project as long as we are mapping in zdoom. looking at some of the older posts It looks like we are mapping in zdoom so I guess I can help out due to my military duties being cancelled.

we would love to have you working on the project shotgun, right now levels 1-3 are being worked on, so you should start on level 4 if you are interested. there are no specifics. just zdoom, whatever theme you pick. i dont care what you do, as long as it turns out great! ;) i would like to test your progress as soon as possible.

i hope you decide to stick with the team!

btw, be careful about that military stuff. we would hate to lose one of our own here at doomworld.

Thanks for the concern, but all of my family members have been in the military so I feel I should to. Anyways, the tour was the only reason I had to drop the project, so I will defenitely will stay with the project. Thanks a lot and I will speak to you soon.

Sorry about the double post, but i thought that corrupt would like tp know that I have a lot done on the level that i was working on. if you want I will send some screenies.

Alright, but I have a slight question. Where can I upload the screenies to show to people. I know that there are sites that allow you to upload pictures for viewing but whcih one.

Alright screens. First, I have only been working onthis map for a few hours, so I have a LOT of work to do on this map. Note the bridges that surrond the island. There are also some slopes and other zdoom functions to note. Enjoy!
http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom00003nr.png
http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom00019sf.png
http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom00026td.png
http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom00030en.png
http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom00042yz.png
I know there crap but hey, give me a break.

These are quite good shotgun....
The detailing is quite nice too
How do you do those bridges I CANT DO THEM:(

- sausage -

These are quite good shotgun....
The detailing is quite nice too
How do you do those bridges I CANT DO THEM:(

- sausage -