Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkfyre

What the Hellcore?

Done & done. I wish I was able to get it running in a mass of Boom ports, but wow, that's a nightmare, still can't get it. So for right now, ZDoom is the prog to be using. It's uploaded to the archives, and hopefully out for you to d/l in relative time, ciao4now folks.

Just played it. The designs were beautiful, and it was obvioous that an enormous amount of work went into it.

The gameplay...not so much. I got hopelessly lost in every level, and eventually just idclev'd to the next one in hopes that it'd be less confusing. In a city level, it's not fun to go around pressing on every door you can find in hopes that it'll open for you. :(

For the city map, I designed it specifically so that you checked the automap where to go... There's arrows pointing to exactly what buildings you need to (and can) enter. Hope that helps!

Darkfyre said:

For the city map, I designed it specifically so that you checked the automap where to go... There's arrows pointing to exactly what buildings you need to (and can) enter. Hope that helps!

Ah, thank you.

Mod runs great in zdoom. Of course the problems in other boom ports are arised. It doesn't even run in edge in boom mode :(

Map09 is expecially a fav <3

Great! I love detailed maps, and most of the maps in this set play as good as they look. Map04 quickly became a favourite, and maps 03, 05, 09, 10 and 11 are very good as well.

The city maps felt a bit pointless and over-detailed; they look incredible, but the gameplay is basically nothing more than running around the streets. With a few more buildings to enter, better thing placement and a little less detail, both would have been outstanding. Hobb's end horror is better than Baron streets both gameplay- and designwise, but it's a bit too short as you can basically just run to the exit once you have the key.

My least favourite map is Map08. The start area is just too hard in UV compared to the other levels. It has enough ammo, but not nearly enough health, escpecially since you have to wade through the poison lake multiple times to avoid getting perforated.

But overall, Hellcore 2.0 is a true classic.

I'm really impressed with this version. 1.0 was a real piece of shit.

POTGIESSER said:

I'm really impressed with this version. 1.0 was a real piece of shit.

Don't spread bullshit. Hellcore 1.0 was also a quite good wad above the average!

Scuba Steve said:

It must be tough being Belial, being in a community in which you hate everything that comprises it.

Must be tough being Scuba, clueless about everything you post about. Troll on.

Crap referred to the major part of the wad's content, not the randomness of the collection per se, though if you want to stick to your versions then yeah, obviously all CC megawads/every megawad has maps that span several years and unfinished maps as well.

Belial said:

You fail reading comprehension.

Right, you post idiotic posts and I am the one who fail it.

Belial said:

Crap referred to the major part of the wad's content, not the randomness of the collection per se

Had a lot of crap in it, so the entire thing's crap, yet random maps are just crap, but you don't mean that something's crap because it's random, and do you even know what you're saying anymore? Is there anything you DO like? 'cause all I've seen of you in the community is how much wads and people asides from you suck.

You should go down to the maternity ward and laugh at all the ugly babies. :) See if anyone gets insulted when you make fun of something they put years of work in to.

Belial can think 1.0 was crap. I don't care. We didn't make it for him, we made it for us, and for the people who actually enjoyed some things about it. 1.0 is no longer relevant to this topic, so drop it already. I find it amusing that you are calling Scuba a troll, after seeing how you reply to people, showing them no-respect. God, stop being an e-geek, e-gansta or whatever it is you want to be known as and you'll find people will be a lot nicer to you, both in real life, and on some game forum. I'm sorry you thought it was a piece of shit, you are entitled to your opinion, it didn't turn out to what we wanted it to be. But 2 bad, we never forced you to play it.

Darkfyre said:

You should go down to the maternity ward and laugh at all the ugly babies. :) See if anyone gets insulted when you make fun of something they put years of work in to.

:O

I was not aware it took this long to create a baby!

Before I throw out a few comments, I must let you know that it's possible to get stuck right here between the cliffs (where I am):

That said, this is a pretty nice WAD so far. I like how there aren't (m)any enemies around the main parts of the levels... it adds to the atmosphere. The level of detail is superb. And when the enemies do show up, their placement is quite "OH SHI-"tastic.

My only complaint is that the baron traps in both levels (first level: heavily crated area outside of the main building; second level: inside the building with the blood trails) are a bit overdone. I suppose you mean for us to get the hell out of there instead of killing them, but the rooms are too crowded for me to be able to escape consistently. That's not challenging - that's frustrating. :/

My overall impression so far is: spiffy, will continue playing.

Soap on a Rope said:
Before I throw out a few comments, I must let you know that it's possible to get stuck right here between the cliffs (where I am):

We all missed that one ... I guess it is a case of ... watch your step ... ;)

Superb mapset so far, I'm on map 8 at the moment I believe. The levels are exactly my style. Great job, I hope to see more from you guys in the future.

Soap on a Rope said:

I thought map03 was called "Parasite Dawn"...

edit:

I know I cheated to get there, but I was only proving a point. I'm too lazy to get there on conventional means.