Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Parapsyche

Question regarding DoomBuilder and nodebuilders

Well, I started working on a wad a little while ago, and haven't been able to make any progress with it lately. This is due to the fact that almost every time I want to test my level, DoomBuilder crashes when it attempts to build the nodes. This also occurs when I try to save the map, and this sometimes causes it to completely screw up the file (Luckily I keep a backup file).

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can avoid this problem? Thanks in advance!

First check your map for errors. If none are found try using a different nodebuilder. DB comes with at least zdbsp and zennode. Try the one you're not using. Also download and try glbsp it those don't work. If none of the above works, post the format of the map here for further help.

For me, Doombuilder seems to have a habbit of choosing the nodebuilder for what ever configuration file you have selected at the moment, so try selecting something like BSP for boom, and ZBSP for Zdoom and Zennode for GL/legacy.

If that dose nothing, then I duno at the moment :P

K, cool. I got it to work, lol. I just had to switch some stuff around, as well as use Zennode instead of zdbsp, and now it works perfectly. Thanks a lot!