Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GooberMan

Doom - The Arcade Game pimpage

Now that I've settled in to my new home, I've started work on Doom - The Arcade Game again. The first map will be ready very soon for some people who wouldn't mind testing it, and I am considering releasing the intro as a separate wad. The intro will come as a demo, it will replace the normal demos, and it will come with an updated level which the intro demo takes place in. (Be warned - I have had to make some compromises with the scripting and as a result it isn't a totally automated process, so those who think they can warp to the map it's on and watch it will be in for a bit of pain as they try to work out how to activate scripted events).
The page is still up here if you wish to find out more information (and view some old screenshots) about Doom - The Arcade Game.
Adios for now.

Hey there GooberMan, it's been a while. Nice to know you've made progress.

Your link is flawed.
However, just take out the quotation marks and all will work.
Behold.

Haven't used the forums for a while and forgot that you don't need quotation marks for tags like you do in HTML...
Something everyone should know: the project has moved from Ultimate Doom to Doom 2... this allows me a bit more freedom to do some things that were proving difficult with Doom 1 (like making a marine out of the Dead Lost Soul... I could make him a shootable target but he just won't move when I tell him to follow some path nodes - and no the nodes aren't fucked as any other monster can follow them... the solution I have now is a modified SS soldier, and unless someone can give me a few pointers on how to make my marine move, the project will be continued in Doom 2)