Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > The worst wads
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:14. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lupinx-Kassman

What are some of the most unpopular wads known? I know several-

wow.wad (lol)

1337.wad (Was this done on purpose or is it really that bad?)

Nightmares of Loki (Nice idea, awfully done.)

Doom 2099 (It was a nice effort, but 13 separate files which all combine to make something... unexpected.)

The Sky May Be (to tell the truth I enjoyed this wad, why do people hate it?)

Know any others? (Not considering joke-wads which were done that way on purpose).

Old Post 11-29-06 03:51 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

Sadhusct.

That is all.

Old Post 11-29-06 04:26 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodskull
Reputation is a bubble which a man bursts when he tries to blow it for himself.

Shadow Realm was pretty horrible.

Old Post 11-29-06 05:32 #
Bloodskull is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
leileilol
dork stalker

reudel, action doom, and anything on dws

Old Post 11-29-06 05:48 #
leileilol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sargebaldy
not arioch

Motion.wad. And of course its exciting sequel, Motion 2.

Old Post 11-29-06 06:37 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Graf Zahl
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Ichor said:
Sadhusct.

That is all.

You forgot Sadhustt.

Same guy, same shit.

Old Post 11-29-06 08:15 #
Graf Zahl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Chu
Forum Regular

leileilol said:
reudel

I have to agree.

Old Post 11-29-06 08:20 #
Chu is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

lupinx-Kassman said:
1337.wad (Was this done on purpose or is it really that bad?)
On purpose. It's also well-known who did the maps.

Old Post 11-29-06 09:20 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bungleist
Mini-Member

The Gamarra's story series.

Old Post 11-29-06 09:31 #
Bungleist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Boom: the quest for happiness, by Shawn Prest.

Old Post 11-29-06 10:33 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vegeta
I don't "POST WAREZ, POST WAREZ!" anymore

That "resident evil" "mod" that the author claim to have the authorization (and resources) of 3DFX.

Old Post 11-29-06 11:24 #
Vegeta is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor

Graf Zahl said:

You forgot Sadhustt.

Same guy, same shit.

That one didn't seem to be quite as bad though. Nothing can compare to a roughly 8 million high player height and an entire map with no textures of any kind and filled with enemies (HOM everywhere you looked!).

Old Post 11-29-06 11:53 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

00_E2M8, by S. "Metabolist" Woodman ;)

Old Post 11-29-06 12:16 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Belial

TSMB and 1337 are interesting wads, in a unique way. The deh in TSMB is a masterpiece.

Last edited by Belial on 11-29-06 at 15:43

Old Post 11-29-06 15:34 #
Belial is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.

Of course I'm going to mention nuts.wad (I believe that's the title), for the simple fact that the author thought it would be "cute" to create a giant rectangular arena and fill it with literally over 10,000 enemies, which is sure to slow down even the fastest computers. There was also some wad I played, that I can't remember the name of, that runs in Zdoom and has some anime theme, attempting to be an RPG of some sort. It wasn't terribly done but I really didn't enjoy it at all. Also, all the joke wads I've ever played were pretty shitty.

Old Post 11-29-06 16:17 #
GoatLord is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

I'm kinda surprised that nobody mentioned Auferstehung yet :)

Old Post 11-29-06 16:21 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor

dutch devil said:
I'm kinda surprised that nobody mentioned Auferstehung yet :)

I was going to, just to irritate darkexodus, but I didn't think it was worth it.

Old Post 11-29-06 16:30 #
jute
My avatar grips his belt rather tightly.

Ichor said:

That one didn't seem to be quite as bad though. Nothing can compare to a roughly 8 million high player height and an entire map with no textures of any kind and filled with enemies (HOM everywhere you looked!).

And don't forget this beauty by the same guy.

Old Post 11-29-06 16:42 #
jute is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor

jute gyte said:

And don't forget this beauty by the same guy.

Now that one I have never (thankfully?) heard of.

Old Post 11-29-06 16:47 #
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

GoatLord said:
Of course I'm going to mention nuts.wad (I believe that's the title), for the simple fact that the author thought it would be "cute" to create a giant rectangular arena and fill it with literally over 10,000 enemies, which is sure to slow down even the fastest computers.
Actually he did it just to test that he could successfully upload to the archive, before submitting his magnum opus, Equinox. And I get a fully acceptable framerate on my nearly 5-year-old desktop machine.

I'd say there are several categories of crap wads. If you're looking for simply pathetic attempts at mapping, then nmare1 and boom2_3 are strong contenders. Other categories could be: puke-making (due to tasteless content or horrid textures/sounds/lighting, etc.), theft, annoying, malicious, "fatally flawed masterpiece", and unfunny joke wads. Obviously a true winner would combine several categories.

Old Post 11-29-06 17:36 #
Grazza is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
leileilol
dork stalker

Vegeta said:
That "resident evil" "mod" that the author claim to have the authorization (and resources) of 3DFX.

That's reudel. and funnily enough he posted in this very thread just earlier, taking my word and sucking up rofl

Old Post 11-29-06 18:54 #
leileilol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hobbs
Banned

Jokewads by Wills.

By and large jokewads are unfunny and crap, notable exceptions being Mockery and Mock 2 because they were good for a chuckle (Mockery not so much), and DO-TIMS, not for being funny per se (though some bits were) but for being a rather good all around mod.

Old Post 11-29-06 19:37 #
Hobbs is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sausage
Forum Regular

I simply Hated Do-Tims, if there was a mapa with the same storyline accept with Good maps not bad ones, I'd probably play it, Oh and not so shitty sprites either :(

- sausage -

Old Post 11-29-06 20:32 #
sausage is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Graf Zahl
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

WADs like DO-TIMS really piss me off. Not because the maps are shit but because someone who clearly can do better is wasting his time and talent to create something that's just not fun to 'play'.

Old Post 11-29-06 21:07 #
Graf Zahl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hobbs
Banned

Graf Zahl said:
WADs like DO-TIMS really piss me off. Not because the maps are shit but because someone who clearly can do better is wasting his time and talent to create something that's just not fun to 'play'.

deathz0r apologizes that he didn't make cold as hell 2 with better ACS

Old Post 11-29-06 21:28 #
Hobbs is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snarboo

The Days of Xornox stands as the worst wad series ever. Try playing them and tell me you disagree. ;D

Old Post 11-29-06 22:57 #
Snarboo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vile
The man made of sticks

*looks around*

No mentions of DRE yet... as often as it's echoed elsewhere, I'm surprised. Ah, the memories...

I'm going by the outline "most unpopular wads known?" made in the first post.

Old Post 11-30-06 02:42 #
Vile is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scuba Steve

leileilol said:
action doom
Agreed.

Old Post 11-30-06 03:09 #
Scuba Steve is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.

I got pretty much to the end of Action Doom and it's hard to call it bad when the design and puzzles are so clever and the new graphics are so inviting. I can see why you'd put that on the list though, simply because, like Contra, there's nothing that disupts gameplay and causes more frustration than not giving the player ANY hitpoints whatsoever.

Old Post 11-30-06 05:59 #
GoatLord is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zap610
JETSONZ KREW 4LYF

That, or maybe uh, sarcasm?

Old Post 11-30-06 11:56 #
zap610 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote