Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[Done] Austerity 2 is available for D/L!

I found a bug! The small transfer room right before the blue key will keep on spawning spectre's if you keep on going over the invisible linedef. I wasted much ammo there that I really could have used in the next room.

On the ammo noter, there was plenty of times where I had to punch a caco or hell knight. Some parts did not just have enough ammo to go around. Maybe I spent too much, but I don't know.

I liked the map. I really enjoyed parts of it, it does seem a lot like simplicity, I think you achieved that well. There was like a said not so much ammo, but there was a lot of health. I'm not saying there was too much, though. There could have been some more secrets in key locations to provide ammo and/or health. Some fights were hard, some were easy, but nothing too overwhelming.

I don't get it, was this space station (?) suppose to be upside down where as the planet is right side up?

Mancubus II said:
Is there a reason why this is called Austerity?

Heh, the wad needs IMF logos instead of UAC logos.

Very nice I liked the map it felt like an mix between an Simplicity map and your Saphire map.
Why is the sky upside down did you do that on purpose?, found some flat errors minor stuff.

At the start the grass flats has also some NFFT1GN flats I think these were ment to be grass as well.
Sector 265 and 272 are not aligned to the 32X32 grid.

dutch devil said:

Why is the sky upside down did you do that on purpose?, found some flat errors minor stuff.

Why is the map's name 'Upside down'?

Glad that some of you liked the map :) It was a pleasure for me to create it so expect some more in the near future :)

@dutch - If you read the map title you get the idea what's "wrong" with the sky ;)

Thx to some of you for the bug reports, I will fix that and release a little updated version with some more adjusted gameplay stuffage and things prepared for /newstuff

Update Revision v1.01
Download from the same link as before ;) What has been changed? Made the map a bit harder, removed some health, added more monster, plays now perfect I think. Beyond, fixed some bugs mentioned (the multi-spectre trap, the wrong floor textures and the missing sky in ZDoom)

GET IT NOW!

Antidote said:

I found a bug! The small transfer room right before the blue key will keep on spawning spectre's if you keep on going over the invisible linedef. I wasted much ammo there that I really could have used in the next room.

On the ammo noter, there was plenty of times where I had to punch a caco or hell knight. Some parts did not just have enough ammo to go around. Maybe I spent too much, but I don't know.

I liked the map. I really enjoyed parts of it, it does seem a lot like simplicity, I think you achieved that well. There was like a said not so much ammo, but there was a lot of health. I'm not saying there was too much, though. There could have been some more secrets in key locations to provide ammo and/or health. Some fights were hard, some were easy, but nothing too overwhelming.

I don't get it, was this space station (?) suppose to be upside down where as the planet is right side up?

Hmm thats funny, I had plenty of ammo even on UV.

WHAT...
...in the...
...FUCK...
...is wrong with your site?

Your "navigational assistance" under the screen-shots in the first post is incorrect, as there is no link to "projects" anywhere. I looked around, but your navigation is such a pain in the ass that I didn't feel like continuing on.

Well I attempted to download your map, but upon loading your page, Firefox's CPU usage shot to 99%. Had to kill it. That snow effect is evil :P

udderdude said:

Well I attempted to download your map, but upon loading your page, Firefox's CPU usage shot to 99%. Had to kill it. That snow effect is evil :P

Use the extension "Nuke Anything Enhanced" and you should be able to right-click and delete, if the snow has its own layer that you can hit... I've used it to "fix" issues with Myspace pages and the like (they're pretty horrible).

@Ultraviolet & Udderdude - Sorry, I had never problems with the snow effect and my pc isn't really one of the best. Nevertheless, deactivated, try again. And btw: Sorry, "Projects" is "Games & Mods", also my fault :(

Ok, so I downloaded it and gave it a try. The base layout is really nice and looks very clean, bright, etc. It almost looks not like Doom, and the monsters kinda don't fit in, especially with that light blue sky. It was good though. I found myself overflowing with ammo towards the end.

Also you could do well to clean up the zillions of unused textures and keep the wad size down. 9 MB is a bit much.

Tormentor667 said:

@Ultraviolet & Udderdude - Sorry, I had never problems with the snow effect and my pc isn't really one of the best. Nevertheless, deactivated, try again. And btw: Sorry, "Projects" is "Games & Mods", also my fault :(

Cool, I'm there now, will download Sapphire as well because I was looking the other way when it came out, though the "promotional" screens looked pretty good.

OR, WELL, I WOULD, but the download button on the Sapphire page seems to be broken. Will try /idgames.

Might I suggest that you revise your navigation to be a bit more apparent? And could you possibly embed top and bottom of page ads rather than the one on the side? The frame sucks, and it's very distracting. I have to scroll horizontally on the main frame at 1024x768.

Udder: 9 megs? I thought at the top it said 2.9. I just downloaded a 3.1 meg updated version (Torm mentioned on the ZDoom Forums that he did some rebalancing, apparently the filesize was affected). If the point of confusion was that he typed "2,9" rather than "2.9," keep in mind in the future that a lot of places east of the Atlantic use a comma to separate decimals rather than a period.

Ultraviolet said:

OR, WELL, I WOULD, but the download button on the Sapphire page seems to be broken. Will try /idgames.

Yeah, I had to get it from idgames as well after searching for the newstuff thread it was featured in. Only mildly annoying though.

Ultraviolet said:

Might I suggest that you revise your navigation to be a bit more apparent? And could you possibly embed top and bottom of page ads rather than the one on the side? The frame sucks, and it's very distracting. I have to scroll horizontally on the main frame at 1024x768.

"Schließen" means close. Press it and the frame is closed.

Concerning the Ad-Frame
Allow popups for my page and you will get only one single popup and no adframe. ;)

Concerning Sapphire broken link
Thx for mentioning, works again!

Concerning the size of aust_01.wad
I'm sorry for that, I would have removed the textures but there are so many and I have no tool that can do this automatically for me so I had to keep all of them :(

Tormentor667 said:

Concerning the Ad-Frame
Allow popups for my page and you will get only one single popup and no adframe. ;)

Had you stayed on DRDTeam and optimized your site you wouldn't annoy anyone with ads at all!

I'm sorry but your site is something I tend to avoid because it gets totally crappified by my garbage protection - and since I don't trust the filtered contents I won't turn off the filters.

Tormentor667 said:

Concerning the size of aust_01.wad
I'm sorry for that, I would have removed the textures but there are so many and I have no tool that can do this automatically for me so I had to keep all of them :(

From what I could tell, almost no custom textures were used in that map, so all you would have to do is remove all of them and then check where they were missing when zDoom loads the map (if you look at the console it bitches about missing textures).

Also it's 9 MB unzipped. Zipped it's 3 MB.

@Udderdude - Okay, thx I will try that now, this should work and not be that much work at all.

@Zahl - Obviously I need to do something about it very soon ;)

Okay, now for something totally awful: I created a logfile with the output ZDoom gave me concerning missing textures and guess what? The log file is 76KB in size and now just estimate how many lines of missing textures that is.... and now I should scroll through all these and collect those which are needed from the resource wad?

Well, hope isn't lost, this is what I have started:
http://forum.zdoom.org/potato.php?t=12458

Auto-remove textures already exists in Deepsea. As the tool is part of the wad arrangement utilities you don't have to pay to use it either.

Load up Deepsea and hit F7. Go to 'PWAD Lump Fixing' and click 'Delete Textures and Flats Not Used'. Assuming DeepSea doesn't crash in the process, it should get rid of all textures and flats not used in a level.

The Flange Peddler said:

Auto-remove textures already exists in Deepsea. As the tool is part of the wad arrangement utilities you don't have to pay to use it either.

Load up Deepsea and hit F7. Go to 'PWAD Lump Fixing' and click 'Delete Textures and Flats Not Used'. Assuming DeepSea doesn't crash in the process, it should get rid of all textures and flats not used in a level.

Thx for the tipp, but DeepSea crashes indeed :(

DeePsea v12.12 - Error Handler

12-27-2006 23:55:04:109

Code : C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
Flags: 00000000
Addr : 00519928

Windows NT 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

List of Files Loaded

I've had problems with the Auto-Delete Texture/Flat Tool before. If I recall it would crash sometimes and not others. I looked into the problem and I remember finding that it would work on my desktop but not my laptop PC. In the end I noticed that the two computers were running different versions of DeepSea, so I think that might be the problem.

I guess from your error log that you're using DeepSea 12.12. I have 11.77 on the PC I'm using at the moment, and after a quick test, the Auto-Delete Texture tool doesn't seem to crash for me. I don't know if you can find a download for the older versions of DeepSea anywhere, or maybe I could just zip it up and send it to you?

@Ichor - Awesome, thx alot but how did you do that now?

@Flange - Well, let's just try it :) Could you send me your version of DeepSea? Upload it somewhere or just email it? (tormentor667 AT arcor DOT de)