Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I just tested this by dropping an Afrit into an Zdoom (doom in doom format) map of mine it seems to work.

But I'm not an real Zdoom guru someone else might know more about this stuff.

Thats odd. I did all the things you've said so far, i cant find the decorate area in "things" and ive saved it in zdoom (doom in hexen format) and its not there :S

It should show up as DECORATE at the bottom of your thing selection menu.

Odd indeed I could fix it for you if you want.

Well if that was odd guess what? It does show up in decorate, but wont let me play the wad! Ive heard of the problem before, but i dont know what im doing wrong. But im very very new to stuff like this, im more of a mapping person. haha

the iron hitman said:

That means it needs sending again, or re-download or re-send the file that you got. As ar as my knowledge goes, thats all i an advise :S

maybe that's fixed with a windows update but I don't want to download their stupid xp 'genuine advantage' xp spyware
(resaving remains corrupted)

i would delete the file and re-download it from the source you got it from. Depending on what OS platform your on. Why did some of the letters in my comment get cut out? *FAR* and *CAN* got misspelled :S

gggmork said:

maybe that's fixed with a windows update but I don't want to download their stupid xp 'genuine advantage' xp spyware
(resaving remains corrupted)

As an alternate to that, you could have a friend download and email it to you. The XP updates protect your system not hurt it. Most spyware is actually aimed at unpatched systems so your call, the virus files will love you.

wow, these maps are great!

one question though: When you do your mapping, do you start with a layout and then do all the details and bits or do you go for a more room by room approach with detail work coming first and working on the layout as you go along?

I work from basic drawings for most of the time very simple just an few lines, then I make it in the editor and most of the time my ideas flow from there I add stuff remove stuff fiddle around with angles and height.

If I'm happy with how the layout looks then I start putting in the details and start to think about gameplay, if all of that is done there will be alot of playtesting I check the maps for texture errors, gameplay errors or if I can get stuck anywhere or if all traps are working like they should stuck monsters etc I check alot of stuff and most of the time I got all bugs out of the map.

Playtesting is very important I put alot of effort in that well I try to do my best on it, if I think its good it gets released :)

dutch devil said:

I don't think people will use the chainsaw alot on map01 anyway.

Probably not. With so little health, I doubt there would be many people willing to take the risk of getting up close and personal with the enemies.