Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EANB

New Wad Started

I have started on a new boom-compatible level. So far it is around 20% finished.
I hope to have this done in around two weeks.

I'm thinking of making it like a 'split path' - you go one way, do stuff and return, go another etc.

Thoughts on this style of gameplay?

Sounds fine. Just make sure that the player stays entertained during the whole time. Though it's only 2 screenshots, what you have so far looks cool.

Looks nice so far I have an couple of suggestions things that caught my eye.

-Put an couple of torches/candles next to those switches.
-Atm your room is 120 units tall if you raise or lower the floor by 8 units the textures will look better.
-Maybe an different flat for the floor in your shot with the switches.

Ismaele said:

What makes those swtiches lit up?!

Must be that devil magic! And rock music! Quick, Ismaele, get the holy water! We need to save this boy!

Alright, I've fixed some things

Switch room raised by 8, added torches but the lights look weird now.
Is there a flat that will look okay above the switch?

A cyberdemon Fight. 1 on 1 cyberdemon fights are boring, so what can I add to remedy this? Note that the cyberdemon can not leave the inner cross.

Throw in some other monsters, maybe like some imps + some other long range creatures (barons, hell knights, etc.) would help spice it up, adding more ofa challenge for the player

Looks good, although I was never too big of a fan of the blood flowing to a stop. It looks good under the cyberdemon, but not too great above.

Nice shots. But the cyberdemon fight is going to be cake if he's by himself. Like Kirby said add some other monsters or you could put some barrels in the corners so it keeps you from circling around the room.

EANB said:

weird

Doom is weird, make it weird, so what if lights look weird anyway? That's hellish.

I'd make Cyberdemon mobile, so at least he could move over the cross wherever he wants. Stuttering there as in E4M2 or 2002ADO makes him look tortured, and lower his chance of firing. Like he's being commanded by an upper force of hell.

I like the pics because I like hellish levels with okay detail.

EANB said:

Switch room raised by 8, added torches but the lights look weird now.
Is there a flat that will look okay above the switch?

Looks fine to me maybe you could make an opening in the ceiling in the middle of the room in that switch screenshot were light comes through.

The cyberdemon could indeed use some help from other monsters :p imps knights barons would have been my choice.

Let the cyber move on the cross and throw a few imps below the cross, or add lost souls/PEs.

I eventually decided on lost souls, and threw in some skin cliffs to make strafing harder. Also changed the entire area into a nice red.

This will be the first area that you got to.

I'd put Imps, that teleport in there during the battle... it would make it more challenging! ;)

that last cyberdeamon screenshot looks awesome, gotta love that red theme, amd lost souls fit nicely to the whole thing!

I like it alot

Thanks for the praise :)
This may take slightly longer than expected, maybe a month.

The next area will be either a system of caves or a volcano-ish interior. No screenshots yet.

Ugh, I just realised that those screens were terrible. I rebuilding that area.