Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jka12002

Doom related game im working on

Title: "BattleZone: Doom vs Wolf 3d vs Corridor 7 Vs Rise of the Tirad"

Enemies and Weapons from these games come together in an ultimate battle. You contol BJ Blazkowitz through the original Wolf3D levels with these enemies.

Enimes:
Corridor 7 Guard
Lost Soul
Reveant
Rotting Monk Ghost
SS Guards

Bosses:
E1: CyberDemon
E2: Devil Alien form Corridor 7
E3: Adolph Hitler
E4: SpiderDemon
E5: Gretel Grosse
E6: Baron

Weapons:
Wolf3D Knive
Corridor 7 Double Pistols
Doom Shotgun
Rise of the Tirad Riot Control gun.

Ill try to post pictures soon, tell me what you think so far.

Thats nice and all, but it is usually better to wait until you have something to show for the project (like screens, or demos or something) new projects with nothing but text to back them up, usually aren't received very well here.

I don't know man, but this already sucks.

Some useless retard blabbered: Rise of the Tirad Riot Control gun.

Firstly, it's spelled "triad." Secondly, there is no such damned gun. You're going to be schooled at home for the rest of your life. Just die or something, dude.

the white marks are there becasuse i had to print these out on my paint program whenever i pressed "Print screen"

Don't listen to Esselfortium, he's clearly lying. Of course we bash every project.

Heh, what the hell is this shit?

I think I'll play Auferstehung now to get rid of the foul impression this has left.

AgentSpork said:

Don't listen to Esselfortium, he's clearly lying. Of course we bash every project.

Only yours and his. :(

Is this just a weapons/enemy replacement for Wolf3D?

That's it, i'm making Borg vs Cybermen vs Ninjas, in which you play as Robocop and fight them in a zero-gravity tit factory.

Enemies
-Cyberman that inexplicably shoots bullets because i don't know how to do Dehacked
-Cyberman that shoots shotgun blasts from it's hands
-Cyberman that shoots lasers, that look like round fireballs for some reason
-Ninja
-Invisible ninja
-Borg that shoots lasers that look like snot
-Borg that shoots lasers that look like snot which is inexplicably twice as strong even though it looks the same
-Giant flying 'cyberman' head that looks strangely like the Lich from Heretic and shoots lasers that look oddly like reddish purple fireballs for some reason
-Small flying cyberman head
-Giant flying cyberman head that looks strangely like the Lich from Heretic that shoots small flying cyberman heads
-"Borg Tank" with spider-like legs and the top half of a borg stuck on it
-Big borg that looks the same as as the two that shoot lasers that look like snot but this one shoots homing missiles
-Fat cyberman that looks like it's been stretched in paint. This one does shoot lasers which jump around in the air looking like they have been crudely drawn over much bigger sprites
-A flat picture of seven-of-nine which slides around and ressurects dead enemies and can set you on fire
-"Ninja tank" which looks like it has spider legs but has two ninjas pasted on top and a machine gun
-Giant Cyberman which looks the normal one stretched and shoots big red lasers that explode

Weapons
-Punch, even though you're Robocop your hands don't have any robot bits
-Circular saw ripped from freedoom
-Robocop's handgun which inexplicably isn't rapid fire
-Shotgun ripped from freedoom
-Double barrel shotgun ripped from KDiZD
-Robocop's handgun which is "upgraidid" and suddenly is rapid fire
-Laser gun that shoots big red lasers that explode, and leave smoke behind them in some ports
-Rapid fire laser gun that's ripped from Neo Doom, which is ripped from ROTT which shoots green lasers which appear to go straight and then sideways in the air
-BGF987986K, which shoots the same projectile as the BFG9000, and looks the same too.

Like you described it at first, I thought you were gonna make a C&C like game with each of the games being one army pitted against the other armies. Kind of like Starcraft.

deathbringer said:

That's it, i'm making Borg vs Cybermen vs Ninjas, in which you play as Robocop and fight them in a zero-gravity tit factory.

There's a cacoward winnning wad right there!

jka12002 said:

Title: "BattleZone: Doom vs Wolf 3d vs Corridor 7 Vs Rise of the Tirad"

It were better if:

• it were for Doom (you post here for Doom aren't you supposed to...);
  • it had a deep and large backstory (why are all the armies meeting eachother);
  • it asked the companies for permission and it obtained it (so you're legal);
  • it looked something like NUTS, judging from the name, but had war game elements too.

Gretel Grosse and a Baron as the bosses of the last two episodes? Seriously... no.

No offense but I, and no one else, is interested in this. Looks really butchered and pasted back together. You should try something else.

deathbringer said:

Don't forget to use long sound samples you recorded from the robo cop movies by setting up a tape recorder next to your TV. I think bad guys yelling "dead or alive, your coming with me" ever time they die will add some class to the project.

Anyone noticed a correlation between newbie users choosing lowercase nicknames with ending numbers, and their tendency to consistently fail/troll?

jka12002, mac53, matbratt11, and others...gentlemen, there's a conspiracy here!

Sorry jka12002, but you couldn't have "started" a worse project. You literally promised bringing together EXACTLY what the Doom community loathes, what did you expect?

Post 666 BTW \o/

i diddnt mean to piss you guys off, i just figured thts would be the right place to share this. Sorry for the trouble.

jka12002 said:

i diddnt mean to piss you guys off, i just figured thts would be the right place to share this. Sorry for the trouble.

No trouble. If you want to learn Doom mapping, I'm sure someone here could give you a push in the right direction. This sort of project, though, is unlikely to be accepted by anyone, anywhere. Sorry :(

Yeah dude sorry everyones bashing your work but it's typical around here when stuff doesent meet our expectations. But seriously if you need advice on anything don't hesitate to ask.

Doomworld Motto: if it doesnt look like Scyth2.wad, its bad.

Heh, just kiddin...for now at least...

Anyway, the name Battlezone has already been taken by a series of really awesome games:

Atari version:
http://freespace.virgin.net/james.handlon/battlezone/bzshot11.gif

Battlezone (PC):
http://www.planetbattlezone.com/battlezone/screenshots.shtml

Battlezone II (PC):
http://www.planetbattlezone.com/battlezone2/screenshots.shtml

Battlezone (PSP):
http://curmudgeongamer.com/uploaded_images/battlezone-psp-788748.jpg

So I'd recommend NOT using that name for any project like this, or else I might start bashing you!

Now if someone were to successfully recreate THAT in Doom I would be impressed!