Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Started on Episode 2 for ultimate doom, need feedback.

No i mean be careful not to turn the thread into something totally irrelevant. Those moderaters see all things happening.

ANYWAY......back on topic

tomorrow im releasing some more screenshots....probably in the next 12-24 hours or so.

the iron hitman said:

No i mean be careful not to turn the thread into something totally irrelevant. Those moderaters see all things happening.

ANYWAY......back on topic

tomorrow im releasing some more screenshots....probably in the next 12-24 hours or so.

I am looking forward to it.

EDIT: This reply has bin changed as yomoneyboat said he was sorry.

What! There was a argument! I never heard of it!

Well yomoneyboat said he was sorry, and therefore i will change some of the stuff written before that, it is rare that people bother to say anything to the people they point there crap at on the internet anyway so he can't be bad :)

Do to the fact that that very few people play doom under dosbox (and also do to project members asking about it)
project members can use Boom if they want to. That should give some
breathing space :)

EDIT: ops! Sorry i was not awere of the fact i was triple posting don't flame my!

the iron hitman said:

Boom compatible grants a bigger audience, but your still limited to far less things than what zdoom can accomplish. I'd say go for zdoom instead of boom :P

Nope! Sorry iron hitman!

damn all you people... i just started on a vanilla compatible map... k, actually, boom is really gonna work better for me

the iron hitman said:

NOTE: I was in a hurry geting these up, i'll make a newer post soon and get some decent ones up!

Decent you say I quite like the shots the architecture looks nice.

the iron hitman said:

I think it looked poor, but everyone is entitled to their opinion :) thanks for the feedback dutch devil :)

The detail is good (for the most part) but it is the architecture and layout that makes you levels shine :)

I know that after having played through what you have made so far.

EDIT: I need a tester! Send my a PM if you are willing to playtest for my.

hardcore_gamer said:

EDIT: I need a tester! Send my a PM if you are willing to playtest for my.

I really need some constructive feedback! Is nobody up to the job? :(

Ehi, this one starts to become a (almost) community project!

BTW, i can join it? I promise to made somenthing much better than the maps of hell underneath! (maybe...)

Well sure of course you can join daimonreloaded! Seeing as harcoregamer is offline right now i'll tell him later that we have a new member on the "team." What slot do you want? I've dropped E2M9 so you can have that if you like.....

OK I'll playtest. I visit the forums once, maybe twice a day so just send me a PM and I will reply (quicker than Yay Tuning Contest -- god I was weeks late).

the iron hitman said:

Daimonreloaded. I think E2M6 may be free! :)

Nope, i am using it. I think all slots are in use, janitor is using slot
E2M7 and you are using E2M4. That only leaves E2M9 if you don't want that slot anymore.

EDIT: Bold englishmen i just send you a PM.

Hardcore, can I add a transparent line to one of doom's existing textures? This will make a sliding door and will look quite nice :P. It shouldnt effect compatibility. All im adding is a transparent line (special thanks to deathbringer for that effect :)

OK. Similiar to my "judging" at Yay Tuning Contest, I wrote notes as I was going along.

First of, the whole thing was a bit too dark. Even though I guess these areas are meant to be dark, they don't have to be so dark that I can only barely see what's a few feet in front of me. Also, I know english isen't your first language Hardcore, so I came up with a few names that could work better for some of the levels.

Spelling wise, it's Horrible (the title), and Iron Hitman, with your level, its Quarters.

Level 3 could be called Communications Array/Complex. Level 5 could be Waste Disposal. Level 6 could be Purifying Centre.

Level 1: A bit short but not too bad. Quite a reasonable opening level. The detail throughout these levels is on par with the original levels, so either you could stick with what you got, or earn extra points and add in more detail (even if only a bit). I guess playing KDiZD through just before playing this didn't help :P

Level 2: You only need 1 coloured strip for a door to show that it needs a key. The red door here had 3 strips of red skull :P.
On a side note, ammo and health placement THROUGHOUT the levels was just right. I was almost constantly playing with around 30-40% life :P.
I like the pillars in the baron area. However, for the second level, there are way too many barons. I think there are more barons here than any of the other levels combined. Some areas could use Cacodemons or Lost Souls instead.
Both this level and level 3 need a bit of texture-aligning.

Level 3: The first elevator you come across if you were to keep going left from the start, when you call it down, directly infront of you is the DoorTrak texture (or whatever it's called). You should probably change this because it looks awful. The outside water pool should be lower in the ground a bit, The cave area was very nice, quite original in E2 :)
Even though this is just detail anyway, you should probably add more light circles around the torches. The cave was very dark, with really bright blobs of light here and there. Nice cave stairs ;)
This level and some others could use one or two more secrets to good effect.
Towards the end of this level, with the dark monster corridor, I went to the end and pressed the button accidentally. I couldn't actually see that there was a button, so again the area needs to be brighter.

Level 5: The secret switch I found near one of the keys (in a monster room) did nothing visible/audible. If you have switches, make sure the player can see or hear something happen near him.
One of the buttons in that central area (with the button pillar in the middle) was the exit button, so I was able to skip a HUGE section of the level.

Level 6: Looks promising ;) I like the "Sink" in the middle.

Overall, nice job ;). Main concerns are detail and brightness. Good luck!

Hello to all!

I just want to show you what can i do in these 3 days of hard (hard?)working... so here it is some screenshots of E2M9!

[B]The map until now:[\B]

[B]Some shots 1: a strange lighting effect[\B]

[B]Some shots 2: e2m9 starting cave in (almost) modern style[\B]

That's all for now.
More screenies or the level itself (maybe) out soon!

EDIT: i typed the word "maybe" too times, don't you think?

daimonreloaded said:

Hello to all!

I just want to show you what can i do in these 3 days of hard (hard?)working... so here it is some screenshots of E2M9!

[B]The map until now:[\B]

That's all for now.
More screenies or the level itself (maybe) out soon!

EDIT: i typed the word "maybe" too times, don't you think?

The screens look nice but the cave area looks like E2M9. Did that level inspire you?

hardcore_gamer said:

The screens look nice but the cave area looks like E2M9. Did that level inspire you?

Oh well, in reality my map is a sort of "shores of hell in one level", and it was inspired from the various original E2 level, there's somenthing wrong about that?

the iron hitman said:

Wow I'm impressed daimonreloaded! My map's done now, but I need to add the things and decorations yet :)

Thank you.