Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Pokémon Doom!!!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:28. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sandaan
Warming Up

I have a project which I have been doing since 2002 although I had to restart it all over several times. I have been converting Pokémon maps into Doom levels and I have shown several people and they think it's a good idea.

You could download it from this site

www.freewebs.com/jcdizon/pkmndoom

Currently, the latest version released is version 9 and it has like 20 maps, I forgot how many exactly but it's around 20. I made several texture/sprites change to make it resemble Pokémon more. The only moving Pokémon enemy in this version is Pikachu

Right now, I'm working on Version 10 and I added more monsters that could move although they are not Pokémon because I couldn't find another Pokémon sprite other than Pikachu. And also when you walk through certain borders (such as the border between a town and the wilderness), the music changes

Old Post 07-20-07 03:04 #
Sandaan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Steeveeo

@link: "We're Sorry, the page you were looking for does not exist"

@PokeDoom: No, this was done before and it sucked horrendously.

I am not dissing you, I am dissing the concept...

But maybe you can do it well...only time will tell...

Old Post 07-20-07 03:49 #
Steeveeo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sandaan
Warming Up

Hehe oops

http://www.freewebs.com/jcdizon/pkmndoom.htm

You should give it a try, If you were or still is a Pokémon fan then you would definitely love it

Old Post 07-20-07 03:55 #
Sandaan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
alexz721
Forum Regular

You forgot to add .htm to your link.

Anyway, everything in me screamed that this was going to be horrible. Imagine my surprise at finding that it's actually pretty well done. However, your biggest problem is that the level layouts are all extremely similar, which is one of the downfalls of mimicking levels, especially many town-based settings, which is pretty much what every map was. Basically, I got bored quickly.

PM me if you have an idea.

Old Post 07-20-07 03:57 #
alexz721 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lizardcommando
I'm a good person because I like dogs

Heh. I made a Pokemon Doom mod aptly named PokeDoom. It sucked though. The levels were really shittastic and the graphics weren't too great either. You can see it here.

I also made a Wolfenstein 3D mod with Pokemon characters called Pokestein 3d. It's basically the same thing except the levels were slightly better and the graphics were ok. You can see it here.

Both projects are dead. Technically, Pokestein 3D is on hiatus until I can get a coder, but it's pretty much dead.

Old Post 07-20-07 04:55 #
Lizardcommando is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sandaan
Warming Up

Hey Lizardcommando, I seen your webpage before when I was searching about Pokémon doom. I couldn't find your levels about Pokémon in your webpage though

Old Post 07-20-07 05:27 #
Lizardcommando
I'm a good person because I like dogs

http://www.geocities.com/lizardcommando/about1.html

It's probably not the same old "Kill the Pokemon" type game you're expecting. Just look at that page and you'll know what I mean. The levels aren't Pokemon themed either. It's more like a couple of really crappy versions of the Wolfenstein 3D's that are on MAP31 and MAP32 on Doom 2 plus some extremely ugly, noobish maps.

BTW, you can't download the levels and graphics for Pokestein Doom anymore.

Old Post 07-20-07 08:49 #
Lizardcommando is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Da_Shankster
Warming Up

I liked how well the towns were layed out, but you should make another one, 'cuz I was kinda sad when I finished TR Hideout2, the game went right back to MAP01. Try another WAD with Ruby/Saphire now.

But, overall, it was well made, but like what alexz721 said, it got boring quick. But be lucky, your WAD is the first WAD I didn't immediatly turn on noclip, give all, god AND map mapxx. I actually felt like playing it. :)

Last edited by Da_Shankster on 07-20-07 at 14:40

Old Post 07-20-07 14:21 #
Da_Shankster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ultdoomer

I take it this will work in any exe?

Old Post 07-20-07 21:23 #
ultdoomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sandaan
Warming Up

ultdoomer, no, you have to use a more advanced port such as Zdoom, Skulltag, Zdaemon, Legacy, etc. I added several effects so it's not compatible with doom.exe or doom95

Old Post 07-21-07 00:08 #
gun_psycho

Well, I say this looks pretty fine after I played the current version.

One question, though: Will the future versions have boss battles?

Last edited by gun_psycho on 07-21-07 at 02:18

Old Post 07-21-07 00:49 #
gun_psycho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Stealthy Ivan
DM 4 life

Sad...

Old Post 07-23-07 15:21 #
Stealthy Ivan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sandaan
Warming Up

Lizardcommando, do you mind if I take some of your sprites from your Pokéstein to my Pkmn Doom wad? I played it just now and I saw some interesting sprites including Growlithe

Old Post 08-10-07 23:57 #
Sandaan
Warming Up

The new version of the Pkmn Doom wad has been released!!!! A friend of mine recently started helping me with the scripts so I don't deserve all the credit.

http://www.fathax.com/wadhost/files/pkmn10zd.zip

It now has 34 levels, 3 new monsters and a skin (Sonic)

Plus when you move through certain borders, the music changes although this feature disappears when its on a server. This only works in ZDaemon because of the way the Sonic skin has been set up

Last edited by Sandaan on 09-15-07 at 03:28

Old Post 09-15-07 02:54 #
MegaZzZeux

So you are saying this is now only for ZDaemon? that kind of sucks, because I like to limit myself on source ports, and ZDaemon is the #1 one I limit myself of. Let me know when I can get the new version to work with ZDoom.

Old Post 09-15-07 09:47 #
MegaZzZeux is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sandaan
Warming Up

MegaZzZeux said:
So you are saying this is now only for ZDaemon? that kind of sucks, because I like to limit myself on source ports, and ZDaemon is the #1 one I limit myself of. Let me know when I can get the new version to work with ZDoom.

I mean that one I released only works in ZDaemon, the ZDoom/Skulltag version will be released shortly (I hope)

Old Post 09-16-07 22:45 #