Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nitus

a little help, if you would

Hi.

About a month ago, I hooked up with an old friend of mine from the doom days. He was one of the few mappers in Edmonton's doom community, and some of his maps were distinctively better than the typical maps of 94/95.

I was extremely delighted to discover that he'd kept all of our map compilations from the era, and decided to return the favor by collecting his maps and submitting them to /newstuff.

However, I wasn't able to run the compilation past him before submitting it, and now I'm worried that one of the maps in the pack may not be his.

ftp://archives.gamers.org/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/deathmatch/d-f/fray.zip

The map in question is map07. I'm waiting on his reply, but I'm not sure when the next /newstuff review is going through, and I don't want to let it go through if that map isn't his.

Could someone please check the map and see if it looks familiar? Map07. I do have an an alternate map of his that can replace it, that I omitted because it was a map01 remake, or alternately I could simply reduce the wad to 8 maps.

I know, I know, I should have verified it before submitting it, but it just didn't occur to me until afterwards that it might not belong.

Please and thank you :).

Nitus said:
I know, I know, I should have verified it before submitting it, but it just didn't occur to me until afterwards that it might not belong.

Well, it's not easy considering the huge amount of levels in the archive. I've never see that level before myself, as far as I can tell from memory.

If it wasn't his, it would have been from a fairly popular wad of the era, or at least one from the Master Levels release. I know, still a lot of maps, but the fact that nobody seems to recognize it off the hop is encouraging.

edit

Here's a screenshot for those of you who don't feel like downloading the wad just to check it out: http://www3.telus.net/nitus/DM-20070909-061559.png.

It's not at all like most of his maps in style, which is why I started to worry. Hopefully I'll get an answer back from him today or tomorrow.

Okay, no worries. It is his map - he just got back to me on it.

Lol, most of his maps are a bit more complex than that one, but I guess every mapper of the era had at least one of those pit arena type maps.