• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yetimothee

My wad, Alone in the nightmare

yetimothee said:

Hello all !
I'm a french guy who I make a megawad.
It is on developpement, and he has only nine levels (3-4 are not very good)...

The link is :
ftp://yetimothee.is-a-geek.org/doom/wad/alone/alone.zip

thanks for your test ;)

PS: I don't speak very well English, so, I'm sorry if you don't understand what I say... ^^

Do you have an http link?
Je suis American, mais je parle un peu Francais.

The difficulty has a very sharp ramp that goes up and up and up early on. I think it would be better if you slowed it down a bit and make it a bit easier, then get harder later on. Timing difficulty is one of the most important things you can do in making a good megawad.

Some of the textures are misaligned and it could go with some more detail or varied map designs.

I enjoyed the first few levels though, but then it got too hard too quickly.

Thanks for this replys :)

For the misaligned textures, I'm rigt with you :)
But, it's very difficult for see all of them... So, I align the textures when I see them :)

For the difficult, you are not the first people that you say that, and, for me it's difficult for see where it's so difficult.
I can manage this, but I can't doing a very good job... :(
Witn an assistant, it'll is easy :)

For the detail, yes, I find too it's poor...

I work currently on my 9th map, I think she will is good :)

PS : Scuse me, but I can't speak very well English, and I hope you can understand :/

Good overall, but I was surprised to see around 35 enemies in the first two levels, and then over 100 in the third. Try making a smoother transition into mega-difficult.

yomoneyboat said:

Good overall, but I was surprised to see around 35 enemies in the first two levels, and then over 100 in the third.

The number of monsters itself isn't an issue and should never be taken as an indicator of difficulty; more often it's an indicator of the length of the level, and sometimes a large monster count just means that there's a bunch of massacre battles which are usually pretty easy. This is the case with both maps 3 and 4 with a lot of imps in open spaces with plenty of ammo. In map 6, if I recall correctly, there's also a similar situation with tons of hell knights in an open arena with a bfg and plenty of ammo. The result is high monster count with very easy battles.

But, there is some drastic raise in difficulty in map 3, that is with the archvile. In that area there's little cover from it and it can get to raise some tougher monsters. An other drastically difficult (or annoying) part is the chaingunner room in map 5.

However, I found the wad fun. Looking forward to the rest of it.

Thank for your reply. I'm right with you...
I think, that is the higgest problem of my wad, and I must think to find alternatives solutions, but, it's may take time :)

yetimothee said:

Hello all !
I'm a french guy who I make a megawad.
It is on developpement, and he has only nine levels (3-4 are not very good)...

The link is :
ftp://yetimothee.is-a-geek.org/doom/wad/alone/alone.zip

thanks for your test ;)

PS: I don't speak very well English, so, I'm sorry if you don't understand what I say... ^^

ok, this map isn't very bad, the thing i most liked is the hell knigth\baron of hell sprite replacement and also some tunes used there is good.

For the rest is fairly appreciable, maybe too classic and squared in some parts, BTW is nice.

Good graphic work, but it would be cool if the barons/knights fireball had the same effect as revenant balls.