Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Doom RPG for PC

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:10. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Icarus

Has anyone made a version of Doom RPG (The one for Phones) for a PC source port?

If Yes: Is it good and can you link me?

If No: How possible would it be to make one?
I've been playing it a lot and it seems like it could be good on PC.

With clever scripting would it be possible to:
Capture Hellhound class monsters with the dog collar?
Passcodes to open doors?
NPCs you need to talk to?
Credits and item purchasing consoles?

Sod the turn based stuff and the squared movement.
Make it a proper Doom FPS, but following map layout and core elements of the RPG.

Old Post 11-15-07 20:54 #
Icarus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Craigs
The only idiot here besides Csonicgo

If there was a PC version of Doom RPG for sale, I'd probably buy it. I never got a chance to check it out (my phone is an ancient piece of shit).

Old Post 11-15-07 21:08 #
Craigs is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Vegeta
I don't "POST WAREZ, POST WAREZ!" anymore

I made an adaption of two or three maps, yet it's only the map structure, no texturing work, but same texture used in all walls. The result looks very cramped not worth to look at :(

I'd love to see an adaption. Kaiser is probably the most capable person to do the job, but I doubt he could be interested.

Old Post 11-16-07 00:44 #
Vegeta is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

He should also do Orcs & Elves (and eventually, O&E2)

Old Post 11-16-07 05:34 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Icarus

I was actually interested in making a remake of it.

I'd be well up for doing the mapping and some DECORATE for the extra monsters (Well, the classes at least)

The main thing I'd need if I was gon' do it would be some badass ACS scripting for consoles and NPCs and all that shizz.

Anyone interested? :)

Old Post 11-16-07 12:37 #
Icarus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Install Java emulator, add jar, Doom RPG for PC!

Old Post 11-16-07 18:28 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mancubus II
Purple is not a breakfast color

fraggle said:

This works, I dun seen it.

I also have it for my phone, it's "ok" and I'd imagine fairly easy to reproduce, but the maps would have to be scaled up a bit in size or it just won't work.

Old Post 11-16-07 19:37 #
Mancubus II is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Icarus

Mancubus II said:

This works, I dun seen it.

I also have it for my phone, it's "ok" and I'd imagine fairly easy to reproduce, but the maps would have to be scaled up a bit in size or it just won't work.

That's what I'm trying to say here -_-

I'm not trying to make a direct port of Doom RPG for the PC, but an Interpretation.
Hence, I want help with scripting for it.
I'm sure I didn't make myself THAT unclear...

BTW, out of interest, I remember seeing a .wad not too long back with a credit system implemented, where you could pick up credits and trade them for ammo or health packs.
Does anyone know what it was?

Old Post 11-16-07 20:26 #
40oz
Forum Spammer

Strife?

Old Post 11-16-07 22:43 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jello

Well, not to beat a dead horse, but I know the second half of the Columbine RPG is doom themed, if you're really desperate.

Old Post 11-17-07 10:20 #
Jello is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fisk
Forum Regular

fraggle said:

That's cool and all, but what about people that don't like golden showers?

The Java version of Doom RPG is homogay, seriously.

EDIT: I might toy around with the idea of interpreting Doom RPG for PC...

Last edited by Fisk on 11-18-07 at 21:34

Old Post 11-18-07 21:29 #
Fisk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fraggle

Fisk said:

That's cool and all, but what about people that don't like golden showers?

The Java version of Doom RPG is homogay, seriously.

What other version is there? Or are you talking about BREW?

For anyone that's interested, I feel it's worth pointing out that I reverse engineered part of the Doom RPG level format a while back to make maps for the Doom wiki.

Old Post 11-18-07 21:41 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fisk
Forum Regular

Yes, BREW. It wasn't necessarily a better game, it just ran better and had a few more technological things going on for it. I figure if one is going to interpret a game, they may as well go for the technological superior, right?

Old Post 11-18-07 21:43 #
Fisk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fraggle

Fisk said:
Yes, BREW. It wasn't necessarily a better game, it just ran better and had a few more technological things going on for it. I figure if one is going to interpret a game, they may as well go for the technological superior, right?
Ah, okay. I've never used the BREW version at all. I assumed it was the same as the Java version.

Old Post 11-18-07 21:45 #
Fisk
Forum Regular

The BREW version had textured floors and ceilings (and they changed as you entered new areas). Also the player turned and moved much slower, and you could see fireballs coming towards you instead of all attacks being "instant effect".

Old Post 11-18-07 21:46 #