Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gggmork

2 lame silent teleport tricks

This isn't even worth sharing, whatever. Wad for zdoom 2.1.7.
Um.
First a silent teleport is used to break the space time continuum or something by enclosing a huge room where it shouldn't logically fit.
Then I made an 'animation' using silent teleports that sure as hell could be better but I'm too lazy to do so. Still I havn't seen such a thing myself in a doom wad yet and therefore can pretend like I'm extremely innovative.
Extremely short with no end to the level or point, other than the *italics*facinating*enditalics* things mentioned above (no hidden route, it just ends abruptly).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kztm6m

Be sure to download it and put it in your recycle bin today!

Thanks for trying it. Its kinda hard to make compatible with normal doom2 engine gameplay; if I put 1 enemy in that second area it would randomly disappear when you warped. Instead I would use the 'effects' in some sort of enemyless transition area (maybe some quite part you warp to to get a key then warp back to the monsters). Even if you blast a bfg at a wall in 1 frame, the blast area will randomly disappear when you warp. The animation could be really really detailed if you want, like an entire castle rising/mutating out of the ground or something, complete with lighting changes (or have a series of textures that animate too) which would take a lot of work.

Eh, don't be so hard on yourself, man. I thought these were some pretty cool effects. The 1st part of the level reminds me of Duke Nukem 3D's "Lunatic Fringe" in a way.

They're definitely cool effects. Don't you worry about that. The second effect would be appropriate for some sort of dimensional warp/teleport/wormhole.

Bashe said:

Eh, don't be so hard on yourself, man. I thought these were some pretty cool effects. The 1st part of the level reminds me of Duke Nukem 3D's "Lunatic Fringe" in a way.

Isn't it "Tier Drops"? I've always been curious about how they got that to work.