Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

32in24-7: Capture The Flag - Beta is up! Check page 7

Oh, hmm, I just noticed that I accidentally wrote in the first post that detailing time would last until Wednesday night. I meant to write Tuesday night. Do you guys think we can get the rest of these done by tomorrow night?

I'll try to do at least one tonight. There seems to be a severe shortage of detailers.

Looks decent, but it could look much better with some more smooth natural-looking rocky detail, where there are currently just lots of straight lines and bordered copy/paste ceiling lights...

Blerg where be all the detailers?

Well, for the moment, I claim jimbo's first layout (Bedeviled Duality). At school right now, so I can't work on it yet...but I will. And dammit someone claim one of my mighty awesome layouts already

*edit*

essel, I would wait and see how much detailing is done by Tuesday and then decide if you should extend it to Wednesday. As it looks now you may have to extend a day or so (though I'm not able to get on IRC so I really don't know how things are moving beyond this thread). I could probably crank out 2 more details if I map like a madman...I'd be pushing it.

Mechadon said:

essel, I would wait and see how much detailing is done by Tuesday and then decide if you should extend it to Wednesday.

Done.

From the looks of things, I shouldn't have bothered with the extra logout/login hassle of 32in24MaintenaceBot...I was hoping that Shai or deathz0r would actually keep an eye on things and update the maplist. I'm in class right now, but I'll move the maplist back into the first post and update it for everything that's happened today as soon as possible! Sorry for the wait!

Well, since I'm stuck till I know where Catoptromancy is going to place the items at, and this project needs more detailers, I'll go ahead and claim Bucket's second map, Flushhhhh.

i should claim a map to detail but my time is very limited at the moment. the quarter ends this week and i have multiple assignments due. i must achieve good grades.

On Worst/Kuchis map the walls on the red flag platform are still blue (pull switch to see)

Impboy/Essel map.
http://sl4.startan3.com/wasd/32in24-7-impessel.wad

Name: Pyramid at Baron's Gate
Detail Time: Two and a half days.
Comments: I made significant changes and additions to the layout (with permission). Before I started, it was a straight line back and forth from one flag to the other, the pyramids were decorations only (non-enterable), and the rocket launcher in the middle was self-lowering, with nothing to block rocket-spam. Hopefully it'll play somewhat decently now.
Music: map20 from Alien Vendetta.

edit: minor bugs fixed, and music added

Fuggin' map took too fuggin' long to fuggin' detail. I pulled another all-nighter. Fuck. Good looking snow details take up a lot of lines and a lot of time :(

No screenshots this time, I'm very tired and don't feel like being bothered with them.

http://mechadon.hostsnake.com/wads/MekJimb-32in24Done.zip

It's pretty big...almost 30000+ sidedefs. I was trying to pull of a SiD inspired look...I guess it came out pretty good. Oh, I also had permission to change some things around (I actually moved around just about every item). But yea, let me know if there are any problems, like always...I don't know if I'll be able to detail another one or not, depends on my mood.

*edit*

Ok here's a shot of it from XWE since I was looking at it (just for the hell of it).

30000+ sidedefs :O

Wow, looks great! I had forgotten that you had signed up for another one of these; this was a nice surprise when I woke up. I feel bad that you stayed up all night finishing it though :(

I'm going to claim Mek's "Velocity Kitten Go". Hopefully it won't take me too long to finish it :p

@brinks: Nice, can't wait to see it.

And, to everybody here (myself included; I spent way too much time on my first map), it's time to kick this thing into high gear. This is day four and we're only about halfway done. All 32 maps of 32in24-5 were detailed in less time than this. Let's get this project finished! I really don't want to still be working on this next week.

edit: lockwolf, yay. i'll check it out when i get back from class.