Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dco16

[RELEASED] NMD2 - An Overview of Hell

I've just got to say that I've been very impressed with NMD and NMD2 so far. Gameplay-wise, I had more fun with this than a lot of Doom 1 levelsets. I think the length of the maps is very appropriate with respect to the number of fights and suchlike. Furthermore, the maps all look very clean and well presented despite the obvious lack of detail. From now on, when someone insists that maps need loads of detail to look good, I'm going to point them to these WADs.

One other thing I liked was the style of secret-keeping. Normally, I'm not a fan of Doom 1 style secrets because that normally means to me 1-pixal missaligned textures and wierd stuff like that. However, NMD secrets all seemed to me to be well-marked in some way and were very fun to find; I was able to find the majority of them. =) I think that's the most fun I've ever had hunting down secret areas.

Anyway, I could find nothing that detracts from NMD in any meaningful way. It makes me eager to play NMD3, which I'm assuming you plan to create. =D I mean, the last map was called "Hellbound." We have to see where that is, now don't we? ;)

The best part of these WADs for me is finding out which parts of these maps were inspired by which episode 2 map.