Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reinchard666

Dawn of Reality - GZDooM big city map

Now I have very important question. Becouse I want this game playable not only on my machine, I must destroy the idea of "one-big-city-map" and devide this on two maps hub. What do you guys think? Then, map will be very smaller, but most playable. I think on delete one very big streets with wagoons, and remove this location to another map. For more info about my fps problem, see this: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19306

A multi-map hub would work better with the old hardware I can't afford to retire right now. Hope that doesn't put a major dent in the plans you have for this project.

Remiel said:

Big images . . bitch . . bitch . . bitch!

At least they're not 48bit PNG's. Be thankful for small mercies.

Personally, I think you should leave it as is. If you want to release a lo-res version or one with the maps cut into multiple segments, you're not the first one to do this. Converted Doomer did this with Deus Vult 1.

It might help to release two versions of it. Just in case the full version lags terribly.

For example, I couldn't play the massive hellish cathedral level in deus vult 2 as it lagged so bad that I felt as if I was watching a slide show.

These screenies look great. They actually remind me a lot of Stalker.

Wow dude, I just watch the video on youtube. Looks awesome! One of the best wads ive seen so far as far as realism goes.

The screenshots and video look amazing! I'll keep my eyes on the newstuff chronicles for its release.

I am REALLY looking forward to this. I'm glad to see that you plan on working on this till the end!

This is looking pretty neat, though I've got to say that a lot of the textures look incredibly flat: with Doom's simple lighting system and whatnot, it really takes some combination of detailed-looking textures and sector detail to make a map not look flat. A lot of your textures could really use some more....texture.

Also, the shawn2-based switch in the last set of shots looks extremely out of place. (Also it's misaligned)

Is that reflection dynamic??? You should definitely make this into a Racing game! It is such a nice town to tear around in a Porsche 911 Turbo. Wouldn't be too hard to modify the player's agility physics to make him behave more like ...ermm... a sports car. Has that ever been done? I always wanted to see Doom be made into a racing game.

Goddammit Reinchard, you're turning this project into an ANOTHER STALKER GAME O_O. except it takes in poland this time hahah, amazing man

If it weren't for the pistol, I'd have trouble believing that some of these shots are from a Doom map. :P

This map would be incredibly bad-ass if it were played with Zer0's badguns. I dont know if my poor little computer can handle all this stuff though, I may have to upgrade my computer. All these screenshots, are they all in one map? or are these multiple maps?

Craigs said:

If it weren't for the pistol,

And the UAC big door =)

Those screenies look awesome. And I loved Stalker too. One of my favorite games ever. Doom Stalker. A concept so cool it, well, it ummm. it's just cool.

printz said:

And the UAC big door =)

Heh. I wouldn't have noticed it unless someone pointed it out.

After a long time is slowly coming to the end. I decided to use several enemies from Realm667 Bestiary, and wonder how to do that, that nobody was to blame me. All textures have been converted from. png. to .jpg, some diminished. I lost a lot of time on creating a places that looks like they really do in my city. However, I had to abandon this idea and change some geometry to increase performance. There will be no plot-story as I previously planned. Map will be one great battle on the streets and in homes, but the action sometimes slow in some "haunted" locations with hellish and satanic theme, so it will not be a horror wad, but rather a wad with 10% of horror and 90% of bloodbath.

Still sounds good though the story element would've been cool. Maybe you could do an expanded version some time down the road?