Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
(sniper) 109

Doom 64 II The Rising

This is My second project and I got Kaiser's permission to use the console doom texture's.

Question's you mght have.

Doomworld members:
Why are you using console doom texture's instead of the doom64 absolution or doom64EX?

(Sniper) 109:
because it will work on all ports of doom,and I had dsdoom In mind when I though of this.

Doomworld members:
When will this be released?

(sniper) 109:
If I do it all alone then...Probably in between December of 2008 and February of 2009.

Doomworld members:
Where are the screenshot's?

(sniper) 109:
http://dodownload.filefront.com/11146257//12f2ca0c7d8ce473e84c5ceb077f5b22bf83d423f3406b41649973309a25a1628489860f5107ae24

I don't want to work alone on this either,so if anyone wants to help map?Then you'll be saving me lot's of time and help the release date come closer.
I know I'm using cdoom64 sprites,but that is only temporary until I get good one's.(not that I dont like them they are just too big)

I love it!

I always liked doom 64 compared to original doom, I always wanted to map for it, nut since the tc's engine sucked that wasn't really an option. And not that Kaiser released an excellent port of doom 64 the option has been given again.

So in short, i would love to map for the project.

Good question.I want it to be compatible with doom2.exe,
and like I said (it will work on dsdoom(which is a port of prboom).
so here's what I want to do if your interested.
We will each work on 10 maps then I will make the secret maps.
I don't want the levels to be based in hell until map 11(at the very end of the level)then map 12 can be hell based(why map 12?)because that's when the skies change from rsky1 to rsky2.

I started on a project like this once in 2006. I would advise boom compatibility highly. On another note, you should free up a certain color in the palette and "brightmap" it so that the demons eyes glow in the dark.

EDIT: I suppose I could help.

Ok but I cant really do all that.(because there already is a custom playpal and colormap)But if you want,I can send you the URL through pm of the demo,if you would like to do it.And I'm thinking of making it an Iwad,but I dont know how legal that is.(haven't had time to look over the eula)so here's the list of things I will need for the project
-An artist for the titlepic and stuff like that
-custom dehacked for the weapons and monster stuff
-midi musician to make some dark spooki midi's like what I found on Vgmusic.com
-story

(sniper) 109 said:

Ok but I cant really do all that.(because there already is a custom playpal and colormap)But if you want,I can send you the URL through pm of the demo,if you would like to do it.

can certainly do this

(sniper) 109 said:
[BAnd I'm thinking of making it an Iwad,but I dont know how legal that is.(haven't had time to look over the eula)so here's the list of things[/B]

this is legal, but it's not advised because its more work than it's actually worth

(sniper) 109 said:

-An artist for the titlepic and stuff like that

can do

(sniper) 109 said:

-custom dehacked for the weapons and monster stuff

can also do

(sniper) 109 said:

-midi musician to make some dark spooki midi's like what I found on Vgmusic.com

i know someone who can help

(sniper) 109 said:

-story

since when has doom ever needed a story. heh.

Sweet the download to the file is here.this only has 2 demo maps I made these two quickly so the full version only has map01 complete

Now for the dehacked I want the baron to shoot red fireballs if its possible?I also want to turn the archvile into the mother demon,and I will start working on monsters to replace the revenant and spidermastermind.

http://files.filefront.com/d642trrar/;11116606;/fileinfo.html

Oh and I mean like the story like in doom2 after map06 a story starts.

having had a look at this, it could definitely us some more color. also, a complete replacement of all the sprites. I have some Doom 64 sprites that are well sized and are better colored. I will send them when I have time.

(sniper) 109 said:

Would you like to help map also?

for sure, but I first might point out that I map for Boom-Compatible ports.

Now, down to business. If you can get me decent sprites for all the monsters and weapons, I can make a DeHacked for them. The motherdemon might be a bit hard to pull off exactly the way it was in Doom 64, but I can get close. My priority is getting all the sprites and proper behaviors down.

I don't want to stomp on your effort or anything, but i think it would be smarter to wait until Kaiser releases his Doom Builder 64 and simply make the maps with that for the Doom 64 EXE, sure you can create this project and make it work with Doom2.exe but you can have allot of cool stuff in Doom 64 EXE like colored lighting and stuff, just a suggestion.

I know hardcore_gamer but is there a doom64 on the ds yet?
I'm making this to run on all ports and, when I thought up of this I had dsdoom in mind.thanks for the info though

(sniper) 109 said:

I know hardcore_gamer but is there a doom64 on the ds yet?
I'm making this to run on all ports and, when I thought up of this I had dsdoom in mind.thanks for the info though

Dsdoom? I guess i read the thread wrong. Oh! And what is Dsdoom?

Doom that works on the Nitendo DS? I have a DS so if thats the case then i would like to know more about it :)

EDIT: Ok i checked there website, how can i transfer data from my PC to the DS?!?

With some sort of a cable?

Ok, I'g going to do some recolors and such on sprites. I want to replace the Mastermind with the Nightmare Imp. Revenant and Arch-Vile will become the Motherdemon.

Do the maps have to be prBoom+ compatible or Boom compat?

Hey, sorry to bring this to your attention, but I have decided to drop out, simply because I wish to actually continue a project I had in the works. If my project is finished and I still have a chance I would love to help, but now just doesn't seem like the best time.

I was thinking that a D64 Archvile could be done editing the imp with parts of the Motherdemon (specially the arms). For Mastermind just a resized and eye colored Arachnotron may suffice (perhaps with some other minor editings).

(sniper) 109 said:

Oh and hardcore_gamer do you want to map?

Yea i would love to! Just send me a PM with more information about the project and i will reply back to you :)

EDIT: I just remembered that i am going to Portugal in 2 days so i won't be around for the next 2 weeks, just so that people know, i will be here for 1 more day but then it's 2 weeks in Portugal, i can map when i get back though :)

OK, I'm going to do some reworking or your original stuff. Here's on the to-do list.

-The colors are hideous, Im going to make the Palette a little more colorful and add a "brightmap" effect so that monster's eye's glow.

-Colormaps so we can have colored lighting

Vegeta could you show me what you mean?And for the spidermastermind I was thinking the same as you.
And btw would you like to map also?
Patrick Pineda yeah I would like it to run on prboom.

Ok, I'm running into a problem with the dehacked. And I have a few solutions. unfortunately, you might not like what it means. Now, I can make the motherdemon, but that means that the baron will have to throw green fireballs. Is this OK? either that, or we will have to remove either the imp/mancubus/arachnotron.

Patrick Pineda said:

Ok, I'm running into a problem with the dehacked. And I have a few solutions. unfortunately, you might not like what it means. Now, I can make the motherdemon, but that means that the baron will have to throw green fireballs. Is this OK? either that, or we will have to remove either the imp/mancubus/arachnotron.

The baron trows green fireballs in Doom1 and Doom2, so i don't think people would mind.

EDIT: Anyways i hope you will have this sorted out by the time i get back from Portugal. :)

Can i use Boom format or must this work with Doom2.exe?

hardcore_gamer said:

Can i use Boom format or must this work with Doom2.exe?

DsDoom can only run Boom compat.

Its ok to remove the red fireball.Is it possible to remove different monsters like spidermastermind/chaingunner/revenant?Do the weapons work properly?like the chaingun,chainsaw,shotgun,ssg and plasma rifle?
And hardcore_gamer
If it works on doom2.exe I think it will work on all ports of doom except maybe jdoom because that port has trouble handling texture1 and pnames I'll need to test that but it does work o skulltag and boom(dsdoom is prboom,just port **).