Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyScoots

DooM Monopoly(When Boredom strikes....)

Death-Destiny said:

The Cyberdemon can be Boardwalk and the Spiderdemon can be Park Place. >=)

I assume that they are the 2 last very expensive locations? In the UK edition they are Park Lane and Mayfair.

Baltic Avenue would be MAP01

e2m8 Tower of Babel would be park place. Map30 Icon of Sin would be boardwalk.

Water Works is Toxin Refinery.

Each level of ultimate doom are properties and you must beat or make a speedrun on the levels to build a house. In a great hub.
E2M8 and E3M8 are most expensive place.

You win a cacoward for your great mapping skills receives
10 000$ instead of cross-word...

Well folks I was going over what I had for the board today and like some were mentioning the levels of the original Doom would more than likely be the property names. Because it would be "Doom Monopoly" I was thinking of adding some interesting twists in there, such as if a player owns 2 or ore railroads or more and land on there own railroad, they may transfer to any railroad at a given time for a price. I was also working on adding in replica buildings of each level to pop up from the ground once the property has been bought, etc. At the current moment I really just need scripters, but if anyone wants to lend a helping hand do send me a PM.

Impse is no longer a surprise in a WAD. It's almost a given these days.

But LOL none-the-less. :)

Quasar said:

I'll be the Imp in the top hat, you be a Marine driving the car.

You're setting yourself up for a road kill there.

StupidBunny said:

I have 3 properties at Central Processing...

I have hotels on Downtown and Monster Condo.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

How about, to own a property, instead of using money, your combat skills are tested? For example, you land on Baltic Avenue. You're teleported to a small arena themed like MAP01 and you duke it out with other players, or survive a small horde of monsters. And then when you get on Boardwalk, there are more, better-armed waves of enemies or the arena is simply more dangerous to traverse.

Community Chest:
Zombies have raided your home base in the middle of the night. Join your troops and defend your home. Losing the battle means losing all your equipment. Winning means gaining a hidden prize...

Chance:
"Get out of jail free" : This is the blue keycard to the door at the beginning of the Jail. You can bypass the entire mission now!

Fisk said:

How about, to own a property, instead of using money, your combat skills are tested? For example, you land on Baltic Avenue. You're teleported to a small arena themed like MAP01 and you duke it out with other players, or survive a small horde of monsters. And then when you get on Boardwalk, there are more, better-armed waves of enemies or the arena is simply more dangerous to traverse.

I like this. And if you plan on getting a hotel property instead, you play a more ultra-violence-esque version of the regular mini-level. And whenever somebody else lands on a square you own land on, you get a certain amount of their ammo or something.

Once this is done, I will be in on the first network game it uses. =D

With enough coding something like this is definitely possible in Skulltag. I don't think it can realistically be done for any other port since it pretty much has to be multiplayer. The biggest challenge would be figuring out how you want to deal with players who connect and disconnect in the middle of a game. There are many options but it's something to think about.

Making it for 4 teams (which ST now supports) could be an interesting way to go. Duking it out with some monsters or another team could be fun but it doesn't just have to be deathmatches. If you want a good example, think Mario Party. There were tons of mini-games in that. You could have everything from deathmatches/team deathmatches to races, obstacle courses, etc. Whoever kills the most imps in 30 seconds wins.... whatever. :)

It also doesn't always have to be every team for itself. Every so often for a minigame you could make it blue and red against green and yellow (or whatever team colours you choose) - or heck you could make a game where it's 3 teams against one. 3 teams have super shotguns, and 1 player only has his fists. If he survives for 30 seconds then he wins the mini-game... if not then the other 3 teams win.

A lot of thought would have to go into it to make sure that no one player (or team) is standing around doing nothing for too long. Anyways - there's some ideas for you at any rate.