Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jute

Blasphemer 0.0.3 released!

Hm, the lack of color variety in the Blasphemer palette is gonna cause some problems with many sprite aspects, since it will lack color variety. Especially with projectiles, since only certain colors work well for projectiles, the lack of "bright" colors is gonna make many attacks look blan. Espcially the lack of purples and other intermediate colors.

Eh, the colors seem plenty bright enough to me, but then I've always found Heretic's to be too bright. Trouble with changing the palette now is that it might require re-tweaking all the prior graphics. Bringing back Heretic's purples would be possible without disrupting too much though, I think. Other stuff, I'd have to see what's specifically needed.

Its not a problem, i'll just stick with the ones you have. All i'm sayng is that variety will be a bit lower than normal Heretics.

Also, the Bloodscepter will be finised by tonight (weapon, not the projectiles).

From just glancing at the palette, the light blues and light purples seem very similar to each other to me. While it's hard to say without directly comparing them and seeing how the existing graphics would look if one of those ranges was modified and the colors were remapped to the other similar range, it might be worth looking into for the possibility of added color variety in projectiles and whatnot like Ezxariarch mentioned? (Gah, can I just call you Eriance here? I can't spell that name :P )

As promised, here's the "Blood Scepter". Hopefully it's to your liking.

I didn't use any colors outside what I saw in the Blasphemer Palette, so it should convert ok.