Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clusterone

Can someone help me make a arena

Hey i was wondering if someone could make me a decent size arena where monsters spawn in this is zdoom wars i want to play it but for some reason my doombuilder isn't working otherwise i would make a level for it
or if someone know's some good wads i could use for zdoom wars
i want (preferabbly) a good arena type level
so yah :D

Clusterone, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

I'm not currently making a new wad im just asking for an arena based level for the zdoom wars mod so i can fully enjoy it :D
srry for the misunderstanding **

Clusterone said:

I'm not currently making a new wad im just asking for an arena based level for the zdoom wars mod so i can fully enjoy it :D
srry for the misunderstanding **

Whoooooooooa somebody other than the 6 people in the thread play it? Amazing! Anyways, here are a couple maps to screw around with before the actual release.

Weird Bases, by Xutawoo:
http://www.kingofflames.sepwich.com/Bouncy/zdwars/Weird%20Bases.zip
A 1v1 map, really. It's simple, but fun, with a symmetrical layout and a nice hazard in the middle.

Mikmaps, by Mik57:
http://www.kingofflames.sepwich.com/Bouncy/zdwars/Mikmaps.zip
A pack of old maps by Mik57 for the original Doomwars.

Tech Monolith, by Mik57:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/f6g4ea
A hilariously large map, with attackers opposing the defenders within a massive fortress. A large wall separates the two sides for a time, so everyone can build up forces.

Or the city level in Doom2 (MAP15? 12? I can never remember!).

It WILL eventually be Skulltag Compatible, and come with a map pack, so hang on for that.

Poke your head into the Development thread on the ZDoom Forums at some point!

EDIT: I am afraid you will need another player to enjoy this, though. Bots would be kinda' difficult to make, I think.

Captain Ventris said:

Or the city level in Doom2

MAP13

Also, I would suggest the OP the learn mapping so he can make his own from scratch.

Mr. Chris said:

MAP13

Also, I would suggest the OP the learn mapping so he can make his own from scratch.

See? Said I could never remember it. **

Well yes, but hey, I had some maps for ZDoom Wars already.

Ok thank you a bunch for those maps in DL them now :D
and I finally got my doombuilder working :D
i accidently deleted a key file for it somehow (don't know how) and had to reinstall it :D so im working on a map now :D
and yah Zdoom Wars is really fun :D

Clusterone said:

Ok thank you a bunch for those maps in DL them now :D
and I finally got my doombuilder working :D
i accidently deleted a key file for it somehow (don't know how) and had to reinstall it :D so im working on a map now :D
and yah Zdoom Wars is really fun :D

Ah, gonna' learn to map, huh? Good luck on that. ZDoom Wars is very much still under development. In time, it will be skulltag compatible, and an official map pack will be with it. To check the progress of ZDoom Wars, look in this thread:
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20808

Thanks for your kind words, sir! Keep an eye on the thread, and give feedback if you'd like!

In the future, the Tech Trees will be built-in, and the whole thing will be one package, rather than a bunch of files.

ummm just looking around the forums and i found a thread about it and it looked interesting so then i Downloaded it :D

Well, the real goal of the wad IS multiplayer, and when it's released, I'll be running a server, so I hope you get on and play when that happens.

Glad you like it!

Ok cool :D how will it work multiplayer???
u just have your monsters attack theirs??? and then you or something???
ill DEFFINETLY try it though :D

Well, yes, That's the point. It isn't really balanced for Single Player, in fact. It was INTENDED as a competitive wad.

Clusterone said:

oh ok :D that makes sense
still was fun though summoning monsters to fight a cyberdemon though :D
lol

Heh. Must have taken quite a few, considering you were fighting the ZDoom Wars version of the Cyberdemon, which is beefed up.

It is intended for Last Man Standing, so you only have one life. The re-release will have a manual for each side, and a guide to each map in the map pack.