Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Wish List of TCs
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:43. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lobo
Forum Regular

I thought it would be interesting to post this topic and see what people out there want in a Total Conversion!

Here goes My Wish List:
1) Robotech TC
2) (New) Aliens TC(without predators :-) )

Anyone else?

Old Post 01-02-02 18:46 #
Lobo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ViperBoy

Kitty DooM.....that would be so lame and.......hey, that'll b my next mod :-)

Old Post 01-06-02 02:24 #
ViperBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The_Doom_God
-TIMELINE PIC--

Well, bots in the game you can talk to.
Gl support
Kick ass weapons
Awesome gameplay.
'nuff said.
Also, Lobo, our pre-beta of Make Doom go Quake (3) has come out. Only for people working on my team though, due to our link on the site broken and having to remove it. 1 mb over geocities ftp space. Kinda sucks.

Old Post 01-06-02 22:39 #
The_Doom_God is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
EllipsusD

Melee arena.

Basically this is a class based deathmatch mod where you choose from various "classes" of close range/melee weaponry (axes, hammers, knives, swords, chainsaws, etc...). Within each class there are various types of each weapon. Perhaps you start with the base level but find upgrade types as lying around the levels. You can only carry limited weaponry so you have to switch between weapons you carry (think Halo). Get some nice arenas and you can have some great tournament action (If any of you have had low gravity knife fights in Fire Arms [for HL], you will know where I'm coming from.)

Old Post 01-07-02 01:42 #
EllipsusD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pilottobombadier
Stained Class King

Syndicate Doom...that would be abso-fucking-lutely AMAZING. Just saw picks of Syndicate Q3A, looks incredible...Just because they're actually making an FPS version of the game...anyways, it would be great to see it done to Doom, but for Singleplayer purposes, and add in the equipment purchasing if possible, AND stealing cars to do drive-by's...YEAH!!...And combine Syndicate and Syndicate Wars into it.

Old Post 01-09-02 19:42 #
pilottobombadier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Heh, I made a melee Doom DM mod for EDGE once, but I gave up after I lost the (very cool) level I made for it.

Old Post 01-10-02 00:12 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
CacodemonLeader
Powerslave Fanatic

#doom vs. Shotgun Bill rage wars. I'd like to know what will happen if all of #doom goes against Shotgun Bill hehe

Old Post 01-18-02 01:13 #
CacodemonLeader is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

Gl support
THERE ARE SUCH THINGS AS GLLEGACY AND JDOOM AND VAVOOM AND ZDOOMGL AND GLBOOM AND OTHERS, YOU KNOW

Old Post 01-18-02 07:45 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vominus
I am the
Metal Master

How about a Masters Of The Universe TC?
Eh? Eh?

Come on... Someone out there wants to make it!

Or what about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles??

Thundercats?

VOLTRON!!!

Old Post 01-29-02 11:06 #
Vominus is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zro

Well, a Resident evil TC was on my wish list, but one has already started. Good luck with that!

Another one would be something like Command & Conquer. A mancubus could be a flame tank with sprite work only, and Pain Elemental could be changed to a chinook helicopter or APC, spawning reinforcements.

Old Post 01-29-02 15:46 #
Zro is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lobo
Forum Regular

I think a Dune TC would be cool, although I'm not sure who the enemy would be (apart from the the sardaukar and harkonnen:only 2 enemy types!)

Old Post 01-31-02 07:14 #
Lobo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

HomoDOOM, in which you fight against the evil Rongar McHauf for the liberty of gay people.

Old Post 01-31-02 07:33 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GooberMan
Scripting Nut

If you were to do a Dune TC, why not take the side of the Harkonnen? everyone seems to think you have to be Atreides/Fremen by default...

Old Post 01-31-02 12:59 #
GooberMan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lobo
Forum Regular

But then you have the same problem! Who are the enemies?You'll still just have two: atreides and fremen.

Old Post 01-31-02 19:19 #
Lobo
Forum Regular

Hey, I've just thought of another one:
TRANSFORMERS!! That would be cool! Ah, the good old days: optimus prime, megatron, soundwave...
(drifts into nostalgic stupor)

Old Post 02-01-02 20:46 #
pilottobombadier
Stained Class King

Transformers has kinda been done already...and it sucked. NEXT

Old Post 02-03-02 19:39 #
pilottobombadier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lobo
Forum Regular

There was a transformers TC done?

Where can I find it? Even if it's as bad as you say, I'd still like to have a look, out of curiosity.

Old Post 02-03-02 20:41 #
pilottobombadier
Stained Class King

go to whereever the cdrom.com Doom archives are now, go into combos. it's tfdoom-something-or-other.zip

Old Post 02-04-02 01:49 #
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

#doom vs. Shotgun Bill rage wars. I'd like to know what will happen if all of #doom goes against Shotgun Bill hehe
He'd die.

Old Post 02-04-02 02:21 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lobo
Forum Regular

go to whereever the cdrom.com Doom archives are now, go into combos. it's tfdoom-something-or-other.zip

Hey thanks. BTW, Lock and Load is looking good, but where are the aliens?

Old Post 02-05-02 10:31 #
Zro

I don't think that Pilotbombadier has done any new enemies yet. Those weapons DO require harder enemies. I wonder can you use fuel-air bomb without dying yourself?

Old Post 02-05-02 15:21 #
Zro is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pilottobombadier
Stained Class King

Nope, god mode won't even save you. there's a limit as to how much damage you can take, god or not...i think it's supposed to be like 1001. 1000 you're safe, over that and game over. But that was with dehacked...I dunno about EDGE. Oh, well there is a way to use the Fuel-Air Explosive without killing yoursefl...fire and then either get behind a pillar or better yet get the hell out of the room. That's pretty much it.

Old Post 02-05-02 23:47 #
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

gee uhh HE HAS BEEN PERMBANNED FROM THERE YOU KNOW CACO

Old Post 02-06-02 11:01 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lobo
Forum Regular

Hey, I've just downloaded the quake 2 Transformers TC and it ROCKS!

Check it out http://www.telefragged.com/transformers/
There's also a Robotech TC out there but it's still at an early stage of development. Expect good things soon!

Old Post 02-12-02 20:55 #
Wobbo
Of course, I could be wrong

Syndicate Doom...that would be abso-fucking-lutely AMAZING. Just saw picks of Syndicate Q3A, looks incredible...Just because they're actually making an FPS version of the game...anyways, it would be great to see it done to Doom, but for Singleplayer purposes, and add in the equipment purchasing if possible, AND stealing cars to do drive-by's...YEAH!!...And combine Syndicate and Syndicate Wars into it.

OH FUCKING GOD!!!!!! SYNDACATE Q3A!?!?!?!!?!?

Im thew HUGESt fan of syndacate in the wqorld

/me is ecstatic

bye for now, im gonna go find this mod NOW

Old Post 03-04-02 23:28 #
Wobbo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

But then you have the same problem! Who are the enemies?You'll still just have two: atreides and fremen.

Uh, have you actually read Dune? or any of the other novels? Their are plenty of different houses each with their own alliances and enemies.

Old Post 03-05-02 13:19 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lobo
Forum Regular

Their are plenty of different houses each with their own alliances and enemies.

Yeah, but I was thinking more along the lines of an Arrakis-only setting, based on the first couple of books. Who are all these houses on Dune of which you speak?

Old Post 03-05-02 17:58 #
Draconio
Ack! Ack! Ack!

I think a Dune TC would be cool, although I'm not sure who the enemy would be (apart from the the sardaukar and harkonnen:only 2 enemy types!)

Some more ideas:

Face dancers.

Wild sand worms.

Renegade Fremen (the tribes that kill you, just so they can take your water... I forget what the name for them was).

And who says Harkonnen and Sardaukar would have to be just 2 enemy types. In Doom there are zombies and zombie sargeants, demons and spectres, hell knights and barons of hell, you get the idea.

Old Post 03-06-02 00:56 #
Draconio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lobo
Forum Regular

And who says Harkonnen and Sardaukar would have to be just 2 enemy types. In Doom there are zombies and zombie sargeants, demons and spectres, hell knights and barons of hell, you get the idea.

Very good point! I suppose we could use our imagination a little and have different types of troops for whatever house we're dealing with. I hadn't thought of it that way.

Now we just need someone to actually do the TC!!

BTW wasn't there a dune TC for duke nukem or something?

Old Post 03-06-02 07:20 #
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

Yeah, but I was thinking more along the lines of an Arrakis-only setting, based on the first couple of books. Who are all these houses on Dune of which you speak?

Oh I see what you mean now. Cause I was thinking about the prelude novels (I am reading the third at the moment) and there are plenty of different houses mentioned...

Face dancers.

Wild sand worms.

Renegade Fremen (the tribes that kill you, just so they can take your water...I forget what the name for them was).

Different ranks of Sardaukar would be one idea. I don't think there are any renegade fremen, they are all kinda renegade...anyways, I am probably wrong again so don't worry about me.

I would be interested in making a dune TC if anyone else would be willing too.

Old Post 03-06-02 07:37 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote