Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know that there are many popular and excellent texture packs such as gothicdm that are often used in wads but there are alos many more poor quality texture packs, usually ripped straoght from other games that often look terrible.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any texture packs that have an earth city theme to them, such as concrete, windows and bricks that dowsn't have any copyright infringements obviously. I only ask as I am beggining to tire of creating textures for my wad and after searching for a good half hour couldn't find anything suitable.

Are there any good doom city levels that look like a real city? I recall playing some, but don't remember what they're called. :-/ Maybe someone knows the name of a good one off hand?

Hellbent said:

Are there any good doom city levels that look like a real city? I recall playing some, but don't remember what they're called. :-/ Maybe someone knows the name of a good one off hand?

check out the latest newstuff (#347) there is a wad called doomdream on there that has a very good city area in it.

Ah I do have something to contribute in this regard - or shall have very shortly.

I'm a big fan of street graffiti and got to texturising it and dumping it in my more urban maps. I started compiling them all into a WAD which I figured I'd release once I got to 100 textures. Well it's just about there now ;>

Wow, thanks man those are some really nice textures, I'm posative I can use quite a few of them. They look really fantastic, I recomend anyone building any earth or city themed maps take a look.

I am here for great justice!

(See my signature)

EDIT: The download links in that thread don't seem to work anymore.Check out the images to see if you like the textures. If you do, send me a PM and I'll email them to you! There are no copyrights and there's quite a few of them in there.

Patrick said:

EDIT: The download links in that thread don't seem to work anymore.Check out the images to see if you like the textures. If you do, send me a PM and I'll email them to you! There are no copyrights and there's quite a few of them in there.

Actually I've noticed that thread before and wished the downloads worked, but I assumed requests would fall on dead ears (and besides, Sigvatr's too busy trolling Brismetal Forums these days).

I think an upload to idgames for the /graphics directory would be a great idea.

Super Jamie said:

I think an upload to idgames for the /graphics directory would be a great idea.

This is an excellent idea. I will do this when I get back home :D

Hey did you get around to doing this? I'd really like to take a look at those new Wolf textures especially.

If you're making a very industrialised city, CWBDOOM1-5.WAD (in the /idgames/graphics directory) have a good assortment.

I uploaded my texture wad to /idgames today. hopefully more people will have access to this now

Patrick said:

I uploaded my texture wad to /idgames today. hoefully more people will have access to this now

Good good, I would also recomend these to anyone making any city type map as they are of excellent quality.