Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zom-B

Collaborative episode project: 666maps

Does this sound like a good project?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Does this sound like a good project?

• ++ Yes!! I\'m in!
    • + Interesting idea. I Wonder if it will work out.
    • 0 I\'ll follow this thread and see how it works out.
    • - I have some serious doubts about this. (specify in a reply)
    • -- Won\'t work!

JohnnyRancid and ArmouredBlood: I fixed some missing textures to make everything look the same, as a good starting point for the next step.

Doom64Marine: You had some serious sidedef sector reference errors I had to fix and placing decoration things at this time is not allowed.

Butts: Perfect map, Although maybe you overdid it a little with the bridge hint.

Step2 for Butts
Step2 for Nixot
Step2 for ArmouredBlood
Step2 for Doom64Marine

Nixot: Beware that although I'm already giving you the step2 assignment, I still haven't received your step1.

It's kinda small and may seem a little discombobulated, but trust me I was going somewhere with this.. I think.

Anyways.. Here

Whats wrong with the normal way that we create levels, doing all the steps ourselves? This seems to yank the fun and challenge out of it...

avery1555 said:

Whats wrong with the normal way that we create levels, doing all the steps ourselves? This seems to yank the fun and challenge out of it...

This is just an experiment. We aren't doing this because we can't make our own levels.

And now - my stage 2! I have done all the heights - I am sorry if I have done a bad thing by removing one bit - but it was in the aid of creating an arch. Additionally, I had to retexture the whole thing in order for me to concentrate as the original texture do was very off-putting. I hope this was allowed. I made all the walls STONE2 and the flats CEIL3_5 and FLOOR4_8 for ceiling and floor, respectively. Additionally, some height changes have added a STARTAN2 texture. I left these in because I thought it would be better than to delete that texture.

I hope I haven't bent the rules too much.

http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=77083

Looks good. Guess we can move on to step 3 already.

Step3 for Krispavera

[edit]Accidentally wrote down step2. I hope you udnerstood my mistake as I already gave you a step2 earlier.

Ok, good.

Step3 for Butts

For convenience, I placed the official list of jobs on the first post. From now on use that. I will still place new posts when anything changes, like a new/changed job.

Krispavera's step2 approved. I added Nixot's name back in and 40oz may start step3 (see first post)

Doom64Marine said:

May i start step 3? if not just say so, i dont like to wait X)

Sorry, you're waiting for ArmouredBlood, as he's above you in the list.

ArmouredBlood said:

Sorry bout that, got caught up with other stuff and I'm still swirling mapping ideas around. In any case I have a bad feeling I mangled the poster formerly known as johnnyrancid's layout ... some of those sectors were looking pretty arcane.

http://www.filedropper.com/666map04a

No need to worry about speed. It is already going a lot faster than I had ever expected. Only 3 days passed and we're already 2/3rd done with step2.

Don't worry about the layout. You didn't change the level boundaries so it's perfectly fine. It's exactly this element of chaos that makes this project so interesting. You don't know what the previous editors had in mind and you add something of your own. This way things might arise that otherwise would never exist. People usually have an idea and create just that. Here you are working on a basis of lack of information, and that can result in surprising effects.

Doom64Marine said:

If im correct, right after whoever is in front of you on the list is done you can move on.

Correct.

I've put the participant list on the first post, so people don't have to browse all the posts to find it.

Doom64Marine: you can go ahead with step3 using Doom64Marine's last MAP04 changes.

I'm still here, but honestly my step 3 might be a while, I've been busy with a new puppy, work, and a couple other projects. But don't worry, I'm still working on this very slowly.

Are you sure you uploaded the right file? It's the same as your own step1, MAP06.

[edit] never mind, I got the right link from your share folder at mediafire.

sorry ill try to make it the right file next time :)
Step 4 shouldn't take me too long either, this project is actually pretty fun.

Zom-B said:

Butt's you can go ahead with step4 too. You've got three jobs already.

He's losered, he has no idea what's going on here.

Banished to the losers forum. That means he can't read any of the normal forums, and we can't read the losers forum.

Just keep going, I don't think there's really a deadline for this project, so someone else could probably take his place. I'm not even finished with my step 3 yet, and I know JohnnyRancid has a few steps to do... along with his motornerve project.