Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)
Pages (85): « First ... « 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:49. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

Whoah.

Noted.

Old Post 11-20-13 06:16 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ragnor
I do see the humour in a mod sneakily changing my title

As one of those average Doomers, I will say that 28 is actually pretty fair most of the time. The start area is the worst offender, everything else I could handle with patience. It was brilliantly balanced for me, monsterwise. Of course, I dont run chocolate doom, so I wont run into things like disappearing sprites and stuff, but outside of things like that that are best found by other testers, I had no problems with his maps aside from the start areas (24 will get you nailed in the back by a Hell Knight if you dont move o_O, 28 has an army of everything ever in the first room) and maybe one or two cheap shot things that might have popped up. They just took a long time to finish :p

EDIT: In fact, out of the maps I've played, the hard ones would go like this for me. 24 > 4 (SHOTGUNNERS!) > 28 > 29 > 6 > 17. 21's start area is like 28's with a lot more room, so I'm betting that will be way up there on the hard list.

Old Post 11-20-13 06:24 #
Ragnor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

>24 harder than 28.

Quiet, you. :]

Old Post 11-20-13 06:32 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ragnor

I meant the other way around. > as in an arrow -->

24 is challenging but in a really fair way in its current state. 17 is the hardest for me right now because it needs some refinement still. 30+ deaths in one room is my current record for TNT2 deaths, never broke 10 in either 24 or 28.

Old Post 11-20-13 06:36 #
Ragnor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Megamur

I actually suggested MAP04 be moved to the MAP08 slot, MAP08 should be moved to the MAP09 slot, and MAP09 should be moved to MAP04 slot. MAP04 is ridiculously hard for how early it is in its current position, whereas MAP09 is kind of a breeze, so it seemed like 09 should take 04's place. (I only suggested 08 move to the 09 slot since 08's open-sky ending synchs up marginally better with 10's opening than 04's closed-in finale does.)

17 does need some balance tweaks, especially for the lower skills.

Old Post 11-20-13 13:46 #
Megamur is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ragnor

That reminds me, I forgot to include this in the report, but, in the nukage area in 17, theres a two invisibility spheres right by each other in the spot where chaingunners, demons and a baron ambush you. That's kind of redundant.

Old Post 11-20-13 13:52 #
TheMionicDonut

is it? Is it really?

Old Post 11-20-13 17:32 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

I think you should instead add twelve more. Because more is better!

Old Post 11-20-13 19:24 #
Xaser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ragnor

I strongly disagree with that statement, given a certain room on that very same map :p

As for the invisibility, their positioned in a way that makes more than one useless. They feel like one of them is a coop inivisibility that isnt flagged for multiplayer. I would rather have an armour or something there, as thats in very short supply in that area.

Old Post 11-21-13 03:20 #
TheMionicDonut

Or, given the nature of the monsters in there, the Invisibilities make for more of a challenge, and by placing them like that, the player is forced to take one.

I cant say, I havent seen the layout of the room, but is that an option?

Old Post 11-21-13 05:52 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

TheMionicDonut said:
is it? Is it really?

Ever since you got this new avatar, I love your posting. I imagine all the words in your posts being spoken by a baby with an Orthodox Jewish hat, Hipster glasses and a goatie. What sort of voice does he have, I wonder?

On topic, Rognor is right, one is pretty redundant, and I have changed it now. I think I removed both, and put a blue armor in instead.

Xaser said:
I think you should instead add twelve more. Because more is better!

This is funny because of the key room on this level. Wait til you see it. I love it. Ragnor, apparently not so much.

TheMionicDonut said:
Or, given the nature of the monsters in there, the Invisibilities make for more of a challenge, and by placing them like that, the player is forced to take one.

I cant say, I havent seen the layout of the room, but is that an option?

Good point. But no, they were totally bypassable, and in a relatively tight space. They do make things harder if the player picks them up straight away, but most players will kill everything and then pick them up, which kinda makes both of them redundant.

Old Post 11-21-13 06:01 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ragnor

I did use the remainder of one in attempts to get past the gauntlet that killed me 30+ times.

Old Post 11-21-13 08:34 #
TheMionicDonut

I feel like something is being implied...

Old Post 11-21-13 22:46 #
TheMionicDonut

Oh god why did this double post I dont know how to internet mods help plz...

Last edited by TheMionicDonut on 11-22-13 at 02:41

Old Post 11-21-13 22:46 #
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:
Ever since you got this new avatar, I love your posting. I imagine all the words in your posts being spoken by a baby with an Orthodox Jewish hat, Hipster glasses and a goatie. What sort of voice does he have, I wonder?

Probably this guy's voice.
http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Walter_White

Old Post 11-21-13 23:30 #
Bucket is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

Ragnor said:
I did use the remainder of one in attempts to get past the gauntlet that killed me 30+ times.

TheMionicDonut said:

I too, feel that something is being implied here.

Bucket said:

Probably this guy's voice.
http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Walter_White

Whoah. That guy totally is an older version of Mionic's avatar.

Old Post 11-22-13 00:29 #
Cell

TheMionicDonut said:
Oh god why did this double post I dont know how to internet mods help plz...

Gah, nobody helps you out by words now. :D

Old Post 11-22-13 08:41 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
StalkerZHS
Warming Up

halfway between nov 25 and christmas is the 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF DOOM

Old Post 11-26-13 00:03 #
StalkerZHS is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
alterworldruler
Forum Regular

StalkerZHS said:
And? Rushing out is the last thing I believe this team would want, because it would mean an unfinished product that would leave a worse first impression than intended.

Old Post 11-26-13 07:30 #
alterworldruler is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell

StalkerZHS said:

It really is! AMEN.

Old Post 11-26-13 08:02 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marcaek

Trying to make a deadline for a special occasion is a bad idea.

Old Post 11-26-13 08:22 #
Marcaek is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ragnor

I'm still finding tons of things to be fixed, and I still haven't received even one version of about 10 or so maps.

This is why its good this isn't a commercial product being pushed out the door by brainless suits, it'll be released when it's deemed ready for release, not because X day happens.

Old Post 11-26-13 10:30 #
StalkerZHS
Warming Up

i never said anything about a deadline, it was just so you people would remember about the 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF DOOM

Old Post 11-26-13 20:12 #
StalkerZHS is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

StalkerZHS said:
i never said anything about a deadline, it was just so you people would remember about the 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF DOOM

People were dancing around that (intentionally) over the past page or so. Sarcasm is kind of a thing on the internet.

Old Post 11-26-13 20:14 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

TheMionicDonut said:

Sarcasm is kind of a thing on the internet.

Noooooooo. Get outta town.

Old Post 11-27-13 04:32 #
Ragnor

So, my computer temporarily died this week, something to do with youtube fucked up everything, killed it, and it wouldnt boot until tonight. If this weekend has enough freetime, expect 18 and possibly 19 to get done.

I should invest in a new one..

Old Post 11-29-13 09:18 #
Ragnor

Whats Devilution doing on page 3!?

Anyway, anything new going on, like the remaining E1 maps?

Also, anyone seen Starpath around? I'd love for Orbital to be updated to a looping track, its so perfect for how I envision Map 20 to be.

Old Post 12-09-13 10:49 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

Last few weeks I haven't done anything on this. Too busy. WIll try to get back on this this week.

Old Post 12-09-13 14:10 #
Ragnor

Phew, here I thought everyone was hard at work and I was being "lazy" :p

I hope my feedback of 17 to 19 isn't too harsh, I love the layout of the maps themselves, its the gameplay thats frustrating me.

Old Post 12-09-13 23:50 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

Just a note to say still doing the grind of bugfixing and modifying the levels. Progress is being made, albeit slowly.

More to come.

Ragnor said:
Phew, here I thought everyone was hard at work and I was being "lazy" :p

I hope my feedback of 17 to 19 isn't too harsh, I love the layout of the maps themselves, its the gameplay thats frustrating me.

Nah, didn't think your playtesting is overly harsh.

Old Post 12-23-13 16:23 #