Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)
Pages (85): « First ... « 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:57. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Probably this thread.

Old Post 09-13-10 18:06 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kyka
Loser

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1443/screenshotdoom201009211.png

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1443/screenshotdoom201009211.png

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1553/screenshotdoom201009162.png

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1553/screenshotdoom201009162.png

Whoo.

Check your PM's. I've sent you version 1 of the map now.

Old Post 09-21-10 09:06 #
Kyka is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
valkiriforce
Forum Regular

Great stuff! Looks like fun. Mill was also one of my personal favorites.

Old Post 09-21-10 19:20 #
valkiriforce is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kyka
Loser

Thanks valkiri. Appreciate the comments. :) It will not be an easy map. IIRC, the original Mill was at MAP 18, and this one is designed to sit in a similar place in terms of difficulty. Once I make it vanilla compatible.

3 quick questions for whoever happens to read this.

My level currently breaks the save game buffer on vanilla doom (as tested with chocorenderlimits) and I was wondering what is the seg/sidedef/whatever limit for this buffer?, and does it matter that much, as I recall that Alien Vendetta breaks this limit on many of its levels and is still considered 'vanilla'.

Also, how do I get DB2 to display a linedef/sidedef/sector count. DB1 just used to show these things, but I am not sure how to make DB2 display this information.

Thanks people. :)

Whoo, I will PM you Version 2 of the map soon.

Old Post 10-01-10 19:20 #
Kyka is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Cell

valkiriforce said:
Great stuff! Looks like fun. Mill was also one of my personal favorites.

Original MAP18 is long and a bit tedious, but the texturing is perfect.
However, aesthetics redone has always been awesome - now, guess, why...

Old Post 10-01-10 19:28 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

The name is rather predictable and cheap.

I suggest Devilution instead, a triple connotation with the Evilution name and the words devil and devolution.

Old Post 10-01-10 19:59 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kyka
Loser

For what little my opinion on the title is worth (ie very little) I think Devilution is a good name.

TNT 2 Devilution" sits really well.

Also refer to my last post for 3 questions I kinda need answers to. Thanks guys. o_0

Old Post 10-01-10 21:00 #
hawkwind

Kyka said:
how do I get DB2 to display a linedef/sidedef/sector count. DB1 just used to show these things, but I am not sure how to make DB2 display this information.

In the toolbar, do you see a capital greek Sigma letter ? Or, do you have Statistics.dll in the Plugins folder ? If not just download the latest SVN. It is included ...

http://svn.drdteam.org/doombuilder2/db2-r1416.zip

Old Post 10-02-10 05:31 #
hawkwind is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Whoo
Forum Regular

Kyka said:
For what little my opinion on the title is worth (ie very little) I think Devilution is a good name.

I concur. Time for the last name change.

Kyka said:
My level currently breaks the save game buffer on vanilla doom (as tested with chocorenderlimits) and I was wondering what is the seg/sidedef/whatever limit for this buffer?, and does it matter that much, as I recall that Alien Vendetta breaks this limit on many of its levels and is still considered 'vanilla'.[/B]

I believe there is a limit for the number of things in a level, so you may want to check that. Compare the number of things you have with the number of things in map03 of Suspended in Dusk. The saving function breaks in that map due to the number of things.

Old Post 10-02-10 16:03 #
Whoo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Pirx
Forum Regular

myk said:
The name is rather predictable and cheap.

I suggest Devilution instead, a triple connotation with the Evilution name and the words devil and devolution.

that´s it.

Old Post 10-02-10 17:16 #
Pirx is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

I'm looking forward to this, if it has a coherent storyline.

Old Post 10-02-10 21:43 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Whoo
Forum Regular

printz said:
I'm looking forward to this, if it has a coherent storyline.

I'm still working on the overall story. The initial focus was make maps, and then develop a story. After the story is complete, some maps may be tweaked to fit the story.

Old Post 10-02-10 21:53 #
Whoo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kyka
Loser

hawkwind said:

In the toolbar, do you see a capital greek Sigma letter ? Or, do you have Statistics.dll in the Plugins folder ? If not just download the latest SVN. It is included ...

http://svn.drdteam.org/doombuilder2/db2-r1416.zip

Thanks Hawkwind. :) This is neat.

Old Post 10-02-10 22:05 #
Pirx
Forum Regular

Whoo said:

I'm still working on the overall story. The initial focus was make maps, and then develop a story. After the story is complete, some maps may be tweaked to fit the story.

you have to agree that hell revealed has the best story ever :p

Old Post 10-05-10 18:53 #
Pirx is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
lupinx-Kassman

Whoo said:

If there is a story, I hope the gigantic awe-inspiring hell ship isn't omitted as it was disappointingly from the original TNT :P.

Old Post 10-05-10 23:38 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Whoo
Forum Regular

lupinx-Kassman said:

If there is a story, I hope the gigantic awe-inspiring hell ship isn't omitted as it was disappointingly from the original TNT :P.

The story is going to involve a trip to that ship.

Old Post 10-07-10 02:31 #
EmZee712
Mini-Member

I've been working more on my new map which is suppose to fill in the Map07 spot. This map is going to use the built-in script of the mancubi. The idea behind the map is simple: Theres 4 different teleporters that lead to 4 different areas, Tech, Nukage, Hell, and Outside. In each of these areas is one Mancubus that you have to search and kill and then return to the center. Once all the Mancubi are dead then the starting room's floor will lower and behind it will be Arachnotrons and the exit.

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af343/Masterzorc/Screenshot_Doom_20101029_212300.png

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af343/Masterzorc/Screenshot_Doom_20101029_212246.png

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af343/Masterzorc/Screenshot_Doom_20101029_212230.png
Starting Room

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af343/Masterzorc/Screenshot_Doom_20101029_212141.png

Old Post 10-30-10 11:32 #
EmZee712 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Whoo
Forum Regular

Looking nice EmZee! My only recommendation would be to add a little bit of details into that hell room; the hallway looks rather empty.

(By the way, check your map topic on the TNT 2 forum. I finally got around to reviewing one.)

Old Post 10-30-10 18:39 #
Kyka
Loser

Can often be hard to mix themes in a map. I am interested to see how this comes out.

Screenies look pretty good.

Old Post 10-30-10 19:05 #
EmZee712
Mini-Member

Whoo said:
Looking nice EmZee! My only recommendation would be to add a little bit of details into that hell room; the hallway looks rather empty.

It looks that way because the Hell room is going to be filled with traps, that 'blank' wall to the right is actually 15 mini doors each holding a Lost Soul, and the walls behind the Screenshot are gonna lower and let loose more demons.

Old Post 11-02-10 01:16 #
EmZee712 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
EmZee712
Mini-Member

I'm posting to tell you about my temporary resignation from the TNT2 project. My computer at home is currently a corrupt Windows and I'm unable to continue mapping for maybe quite a while, if something turns up and changes this fact then I will let you know.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

EDIT: I retract that, I got my computer to work now. Back in business

Last edited by EmZee712 on 12-05-10 at 00:36

Old Post 12-03-10 17:54 #
C30N9

Wow i didn't notice this thread, i waited for it, i could make 2-3 maps for tnt, what mapslots empty so i can play that level, study it and make sequel for it... After i finish one Ultimate Doom map

Old Post 12-06-10 13:57 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Whoo
Forum Regular

C30N9 said:
Wow i didn't notice this thread, i waited for it, i could make 2-3 maps for tnt, what mapslots empty so i can play that level, study it and make sequel for it... After i finish one Ultimate Doom map

Before you can actually start you need to make me a vanilla test map. Send me a PM with a link to it when you're done so that I can evaluate it.

EmZee712 said:
I'm posting to tell you about my temporary resignation from the TNT2 project. My computer at home is currently a corrupt Windows and I'm unable to continue mapping for maybe quite a while, if something turns up and changes this fact then I will let you know.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

EDIT: I retract that, I got my computer to work now. Back in business

Thanks for the notice anyway. Just remember to post updates on the forum(Even though it is very inactive).

Old Post 12-06-10 21:20 #
EmZee712
Mini-Member

Yeah sorry about not posting on the website, I didn't know the URL and I was making the reply at my Local Library so I couldn't get to it.

But I did just start a brand new map, I'm gonna make this one hell-based since I already made 3 tech maps.

Old Post 12-06-10 21:27 #
C30N9

I'll just make MAP01 test map

Old Post 12-06-10 21:30 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ragnor
I do see the humour in a mod sneakily changing my title

This makes me want to play Evilution yet again

Kyka said:

TNT 2 Devilution" sits really well.

Also refer to my last post for 3 questions I kinda need answers to. Thanks guys. o_0

Personally I think Revilution (revisiting/return to evilution, etc)would fit better, but this ones good too :p Took me a bit to get it though

Old Post 12-10-10 01:30 #
Ragnor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
purpleyoshi13

Are there some map slots left? if so I can make a map or 2 for this project if needed.

Old Post 12-24-10 12:54 #
purpleyoshi13 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Megamur

I'd also like to contribute to this project and have started work on a map. However, I'm uncertain whether TNT2 is still active. There hasn't been any posts in this thread for months, there's never really been any activity at the TNT2 forums, and all of my messages--from two different addresses--to the TNT2 e-mail have bounced back. Is anybody there?

Old Post 02-17-11 02:07 #
Megamur is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Alphawolf
Banned

It's a great idea I'm wondering what's going on with the project. I'd be more than happy to help with making maps.

Old Post 02-17-11 02:22 #
Alphawolf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

Just stating it to make it known that I haven't forgotten: I'm mapping for this. Eventually. :P

Old Post 02-17-11 21:48 #
Xaser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote