Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

DOWNLOAD TEXTURE PACK

MAP SUBMISSIONS:

There are now a few map submissions available. Feel free to submit entries, but adhere to this guidelines:

- Stick to the theme of the episode. E2 is general techbase and should follow how Evilution treated maps that used its space sky: big and open, with some claustrophobic areas surrounding the larger ones. See Evilution's MAP13 and MAP15 as an example. E3 is a mix of hell and techbase and should follow the same guidelines of E2 regarding its scale.

- DON'T MAKE MAPS EXCESSIVELY LONG. This is a general problem that the current overhaul is trying to correct. Maps should generally not exceed 10 minutes in length.

- Polish your maps. After your map is "done," review it again. Polish it up visually, correct gameplay problems, and generally make it the best you can make it before submission.

- MAKE NON-LINEAR MAPS. Evilution was not a linear mapset. Your maps shouldn't be either. Linear, corridor maps are not something we're looking for.

- DON'T MAKE TASTELESS HOMAGES. If you want to make a certain area a homage to a map in Evilution, feel free to. But don't make your maps just rip-offs of original maps; make original content.

There are no other restrictions on submissions. We'll pick maps that look and play the best, so submit as many as you want for us to consider. The more submissions, the better.

There is no slot reserving. Make a map for a slot and submit it for consideration.

SEND ALL COMPLETED MAPS TO WHOO AND THE TESTERS.

-------------------------------------

MAPS:

MAP01: Unsolved Requiem - EmZee712
MAP02: Grime and Punishment - The Mionic Donut
MAP03: Brimstone Labs - Alter
MAP04: Subterraneal Magnitude - darkreaver / Adrian Hanekom
MAP05: Littoral - Processingcontrol
MAP06: Aquarium - Processingcontrol
MAP07: Campground - valkiriforce
MAP08: Hydrogenics - Tango
MAP09: Heterodoxical Hindrance - Tarnsman
MAP10: Outpost - Whoo
MAP11: The Voyager - valkiriforce
MAP12: Ion Flux - Xaser / Alfonzo
MAP13: EMPTY
MAP14: Nostalgia Drive - Xaser & Alter
MAP15: Gray Zone - Alter
MAP16: Defragmentation Continuum - pcorf
MAP17: Galapagos - valkiriforce
MAP18: Chemical Center - Whoo
MAP19: Habitat 2 - Tarnsman
MAP20: The Infernal Carrier - lupinx-Kassman, Alter
MAP21: EMPTY
MAP22: Solitude - Pottus
MAP23: Unknown - Alfonzo
MAP24: Beyond Redemption - TheMionicDonut
MAP25: Spider Colony by purist
MAP26: EMPTY
MAP27: Mt. Sterquilinus - Alter
MAP28: Styx and Stones - The Mionic Donut
MAP29: EMPTY
MAP30: Last Rites - Whoo & The Mionic Donut
MAP31: Caesar - Xaser & Whoo
MAP32: Unknown - Tarnsman

* - Inactive/No Recent Updates

Project Leader:
Whoo (Mapper)

Current Developers:
lupinx-Kassman (Mapper)
valkiriforce (Mapper)
Alter (Mapper)
Processingcontrol (Mapper)
The Mionic Donut (Mapper)
pcorf (Mapper)
Tango (Mapper)
purist (Mapper
Tarnsman (Mapper)
Xaser (Mapper)
Adrian Hanekom (Mapper)
darkreaver (Mapper)
EmZee712 (Mapper)
Pottus (Mapper)
Tarnsman (Mapper)
Alfonzo (Mapper)

Testers:
hawkwind
Lord Pazman
schmerr
Snik
Pottus
Tarnsman
Alfonzo
Xaser

Contributors:
Forty-Three(MIDI Composer)
Jimmy91(MIDI Composer)
The Mister Cat(MIDI Composer)
Nmn (MIDIs)

Past Developers:
fatal error (Mapper)
gvozdevik (Mapper)

-------------------------------------

Stuff for the project:

Contact
Choco Render Limits
DOWNLOAD DEMO 1
DOWNLOAD DEMO 2

IRC:

#tnt2 on irc.oftc.net

These shots remind me more of Plutonia than TNT. Not a bad thing, mind you.

DuckReconMajor said:

So you quit taking vanilla shots?

I used a more modern port to show the levels more clearly, though I could certainly retake the shots in vanilla if people want them.

Im happy, but take some shot in tnt.exe. And try and keep the quirkiness, that's one of the reason I like TNT. Also keep an eye on Alter, he's kinda douchey sometimes. I'd love to map for this but essel would murder me in my sleep.

Use3D said:

Im happy, but take some shot in tnt.exe. And try and keep the quirkiness, that's one of the reason I like TNT. Also keep an eye on Alter, he's kinda douchey sometimes. I'd love to map for this but essel would murder me in my sleep.

Yeah I've been told that some parts of the maps are a little too gothic themed, which I'm probably going to end up moving toward the last of the maps. I've also known Alter for a good while, he's fine. And esselfortium didn't murder Zap when he signed up, so I don't see why he would mind if you did.

Whoo said:

I've also known Alter for a good while, he's fine.

Didn't mean to sound disrespectful, I guess I was referring to the vanilla project he and Ellmo had worked on that went down in flames..but I suppose it takes two...

Yeah, the maps you have so far are very gothic and would be more appropriate for the Hell chapter of a TNT sequal.

I fully support this and I was wondering when if anyone would try to make a TNT sequal after Plutonia 2! :D

Snarboo said:

Yeah, the maps you have so far are very gothic and would be more appropriate for the Hell chapter of a TNT sequal.

I fully support this and I was wondering when if anyone would try to make a TNT sequal after Plutonia 2! :D

Plutonia 2 kind of made us want to make a sequel. Can't make a sequel to one part of Final Doom without making a sequel to the other part. Also, first post updated with vanilla shots.

I agree that the theming feels too gothic/demonic for the earlier TNT levels. Generally when I think TNT I'm more prone to think about stuff like the first couple maps...tekgren, blue carpet, compspan, metal2 and gray slime** tiles, etc., like in map01 and map03. Then there's also the gray/stone/shawn that gets mixed in heavily with it in map04 and map05, etc. Though there is a bit of the tanbrick/gothic theming early on in TNT, too, in map02.

When thinking of TNT I'm also always reminded of the long thin straight hallways that show up in some of its maps (though I'd advise not to overdo it :P ) and some setups (like in map06) with what looks like huge machinery built using sectors and stock textures.

So are you going to sell it to John Carmack just before it gets finished? :)

Srsly though, looking forward to playing this alot, the screenshots you've posted here and in the pics thread have some awesome visuals.

I fail too see much of a resemblence to the TNT maps. Mind you, it doesn't look too bad on its own, but I fail to see it as much of a sequel. Good luck regardless

Use3D said:

Didn't mean to sound disrespectful, I guess I was referring to the vanilla project he and Ellmo had worked on that went down in flames..but I suppose it takes two...

Don't worry Use3D. I learned my lesson during Dark Caliber's fail period.
1. To be not immature because leader quits for some reason (in this case, real life).
2. Release leftovers if the project is discontinued permamently (hey, I released those leftovers on idgames, sadly last map isn't vanilla-compatible due it being HR/AV-like =P).
3. To respect leader whenever he does anything even quitting the project and not complain like a little girl.

Anyway, before you ask why map02 looks like out of hell. IF I remember correctly, the first theme in this project is basically a mix of base and hell because you're coming back from Hell slowly but deadly. It's hard to explain for me. Let Whoo explain it himself =P

TheMionicDonut said:

I fail too see much of a resemblence to the TNT maps.

Plutonia 2 also doesn't resemble Casali's style but is related in spirit of theme. Sequels are always different, sometimes refreshed or improved to these days. If you take that point, you can get more fun from them.

Whoo said:

this is a fan made sequel to TeamTNT's TNT Evolution

At least get the name right! :-)

fraggle said:

At least get the name right! :-)

Seems I got the o mixed up with the i again. Anyway, criticism has been received for the existing maps and are being improved.

Phml said:

These shots remind me more of Plutonia than TNT. Not a bad thing, mind you.

that's my impression too. anyway the plutonia style is very popular today. tnt had more pseudo-realistic base style maps with an according texture choice. a tnt sequel should avoid the mistake of having huge sprawling maps with lots of weak enemies.

The demo is nice. Not much of Evilution though, and it's too short and easy. =) Anyway, this project has got my attention for now and I wish you all good luck guys. I'll be checking for updates at least. ;-)

Torr Samaho said:

that's my impression too. anyway the plutonia style is very popular today. tnt had more pseudo-realistic base style maps with an according texture choice. a tnt sequel should avoid the mistake of having huge sprawling maps with lots of weak enemies.

I do not consider that a mistake. I love huge sprawling maps.

There's currently two new MIDI tracks. The MAP01 music is by Forty-Two, and the MAP02 music is a temporary track from Jimmy's public MIDI library. MAP03 uses TNT's MAP16 music.

Interesting but there isn't enough tech to make me think of TNT2 when first looking at the shots. As most people said, it reminds me of Plutonia more than it does Evilution.

alterworldruler said:

Anyway, before you ask why map02 looks like out of hell. IF I remember correctly, the first theme in this project is basically a mix of base and hell because you're coming back from Hell slowly but deadly. It's hard to explain for me. Let Whoo explain it himself =P

No that makes sense, and it's a cool concept. I'm really, really tempted to make a few maps for this. Maybe some of my old DoomBeyond rejects would fit into TNT2, they're fairly strange, with a little texture/layout overhaul they might work well.

Awesome, Ive been wanting a TNT2 since beating the original again recently.

Shouldnt it be Revilution though ;]

This looks interesting, I wouldn't mind making a map or two for this after I've done with my current projects.