Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

Hmmm, a name for the penultimate level associated with green.

Belial's Final Envy?

Envy, being one of the seven deadly sins, green being the colour that represents the sin and Belial is its patron demon.

Belial sort of has different connotations around these parts.

TheMionicDonut said:

Belial sort of has different connotations around these parts.

I originally considered the demon name Leviathan for Kyka's Map29 title, but I don't know about you guys. Either Belial or Leviathan would suffice for the name of his map since he wanted a good title associated with green.

T-Rex said:

I originally considered the demon name Leviathan for Kyka's Map29 title, but I don't know about you guys. Either Belial or Leviathan would suffice for the name of his map since he wanted a good title associated with green.

Cchest3 map30 was called Leviathan.

TNT Map20 was called Central Processing, just like E1M6. Didn't stop TeamTNT. With so many Megawad levels out there, there will be overlaps eventually.

Eris Falling said:

TNT Map20 was called Central Processing, just like E1M6. Didn't stop TeamTNT. With so many Megawad levels out there, there will be overlaps eventually.

So many names that used the same title.

Quarry: TNT Map24 and Icarus Map03
Downtown: Doom 2 Map13 and STRAIN Map03
The Crypt: Plutonia Map13 and Eternal Doom Map17
Genesis: Plutonia Map14 and Eternal Doom Map01
The Citadel: Doom 2 Map19 and Heretic E1M5
The Catacombs: Doom 2 Map22 and Heretic E2M5
The Chasm: Doom 2 Map24 and Heretic E3M7

And there are many more examples...

In other good news, I now have a PC. FINALLY. And it is a serious upgrade on my last one. Brand new motherboard, 8 core CPU, 4 gig ram, massive new power supply (around 800 watts I think) and a pretty decent video card. The old power supply was faulty which over time was slowly frying the CPU and the motherboard until they died. Replacing the motherboard meant replacing the RAM too, up to DDR3 from DDR2. So the only thing that didn't get upgraded was the HD's. And the actual case, but it was a pretty good case anyway. Lots of fans and stuff.

So long story short, I will be back to work on this soon.

Tango said:

will send my map to testers etc middle of this week

For the love of God man, you can't just come out and say this without posting screens. A new Tangomap, and no screens. /:|

If there is such a thing as NoScreenieRage, then I now has it.

Seriously, great work, and I look forward to seeing it. :)

T-Rex said:

Emerald Leviathan? I don't mind that title either. Leviathan Twilight?

Though I think Viridian Twilight is still my favorite.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

For the love of God man, you can't just come out and say this without posting screens. A new Tangomap, and no screens. /:|

don't get your hopes up so much; this is assuming i don't rage over it and delete the whole thing and disappear from the community forever :p

Tango said:

don't get your hopes up so much; this is assuming i don't rage over it and delete the whole thing and disappear from the community forever :p

You may have won this round, Mr. Tango, but sooner or later, there will be screenshots. Oh yes. THERE WILL BE SCREENSHOTS...

Another note to mappers: Try to keep the hitbox of items contained within the sectors they're supposed to be laying on the floor of. In vanilla/Chocolate, if an item is overlapping two or more sectors, there's a chance the item may be pushed up onto the floor of the sector with the greatest floor height when sector height changes occur nearby (due to platforms raising/lowering; possibly doors as well). Several levels I've tested for TNT2 are guilty of this, resulting in items hopping up onto tall, nearby structures and floating out of the player's grasp, making them impossible to reach. Be careful!

To clarify a bit on that point, the 'jump' happens when a floor or ceiling changes in the same blockmap cell, meaning it doesn't necessarily have to be close to the item to still trigger the 'jump'. Moral being that yeah, you should make sure not to overlap thing boundaries with geometry because they'll behave 'unpredictably'.

there you go Kyka :p

trying to take the theme of the original map08 and modernize it and not make it look like shit. still doing my best to keep the gameplay very TNT-like though

if it needs less "modernization" then i will gladly strip it down a bit

Oh buggernuts -- I hope by "keep the gameplay TNTlike" you don't mean "make it play like the original TNT MAP08". That map's final area was an obscene nasty hitler megabastard. D:

Looking good though. :)

Xaser said:

Oh buggernuts -- I hope by "keep the gameplay TNTlike" you don't mean "make it play like the original TNT MAP08". That map's final area was an obscene nasty hitler megabastard. D:

Looking good though. :)

hahahaha. no no. i've replayed that map a handful of times in the last few weeks, and as soon as i start playing everytime i remember how goddamn annoying that huge ugly final area is

edit:

Nice lighting work, and the browns and greens complement each other well. My only concern is that the architecture seems "stiff," with no curves or bends anywhere. Though the original MAP08 was guilty of that too. :)

It is now the 10th September. Does anyone have any idea on a final release date? Or even how close to being finished this project is?

@Tango: I forgot to reply to this thread when you posted the screenshots, so I'll say this now:

they look gr8

Although there's a lot of green in the second screenshot.

Eris Falling said:

It is now the 10th September. Does anyone have any idea on a final release date? Or even how close to being finished this project is?

My guess would be sometime towards the end of this year or in early 2013.

It will be probably similiar case like PL2 - at the end of the month, yet enough to catch some attention within release. I currently playing some Build big fours so TNT2 is only reason come back to Doom megawads because Doom 2, Plutonia, Ultimate they were so much exploitated in theme and style but not TNT which is oldschool and still kicking at the same time. ;-)

Looks like there have been some new levels added to this wad since I last played it. Groovy! And extra plus cus it has my username in it :)

Thanks for the comments guys. Always appreciated.

PC, monster counts are as follows:

UV: 978
HMP: 860
NTR/ITYTD: 654

I admit those numbers look pretty close together, but bear in mind that I have also done a lot of replacing bigger monsters with lesser monsters, so the difficulty curve will be greater than the numbers alone would suggest. (eg chaingunner on UV becomes sergeant on HMP becomes pistol guy on NTR.)

Currently I am finalising the texture pack. Thanks to Memfis and Xaser for pointing out a couple of glitches. Just when I finally thought I had everything right. Also I have recently added the Icon graphics to this version of the texture pack, so progress is happening.

I will get the new version sent out soon to everybody.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Map 29 is now finished. At last.

[images]

Whoa, what happened to my status bar graphics?

Fear not Megamur. The official statbar is unchanged from the one that you submitted. (Unless whoo has made changes, but I am pretty sure he hasn't).

The one in the screenies is one that I was messing around with just for myself. I can't help but tinker with things, so no, this is not the official statbar. All good. :)