MAP19
MAP20
MAP21
MAP23
MAP24
MAP26
MAP27
MAP29

Maps with an asterisk mean I need their updated versions (aka Kyka I need the updates you made.)

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Whoo and crew. This map is about 70% done, but it is... *apologies*... not likely to be done by the deadline.

But as can be seen, it is definitely getting there.

Screens look good, and I don't see a problem with missing the deadline. Lots of people have made significant progress and/or finished their maps, so the tight deadline I set worked.

Mappers should still try to finish their maps and send them to me ASAP, preferably sometime this month.

I sent my map out to you a few days ago and just sent the latest version did you get my message ?

Pottus said:

I sent my map out to you a few days ago and just sent the latest version did you get my message ?

Yes. I only need the maps I listed.

Whoo said:

Yes. I only need the maps I listed.

I realize that I meant on the first page sorry I should have stated that =)

Still working on Map06. Progress has been much slower than excepted due to a massive increase in schoolwork. It'll probably take at least a month to finish.

Hey guys, sorry for being so quiet. I haven't had a chance to start my map yet as I've been trying to take care of other things first. It has taken longer than I thought unfortunately. I'm hoping to start the map soon (tomorrow possibly) but I won't know for sure how long it will take me. I'll try to keep you guys update and, if something happens or you guys are just tired of waiting, I can relinquish my slot if needed :)

@ProcessingControl and Mechadon.

All good. Whoo put this deadline in place to push things along a little and to keep people making progress. So as long as people are making some progress and are committed to finishing their maps within a vaguely reasonable timeline and do basic stuff like keep everyone updated with where they are at, then there is no issue and we are more than happy to extend lots of grace in that regard.

Thanks for updating guys. :)

I myself am going to have two maps that are not gonna be complete by the deadline, and will probably realistically take another month to get through, so all good.

[edit] whoo and crew, just so you know, those two maps are map 08, which I am working on with Tango, and map 17, which I am doing with Alter. The remainder of my maps are done and I will get them sent out soon.

Tango said:

kyka you are a fucking wizard

The fucking wizard. (⌐■_■)

No seriously, thanks dude.

Oh yeah, myself and DeathevokatioN have finished map02, but we are having some serious trouble with the gameplay.

Personally I wont have ANY time for mapping until christmas at earliest. Not that its far into the future, but I wont make the deadline (today!).

All good. You two ripped through that map really quickly anyway, so it probably won't take you guys long. Thanks for the heads up.

Also whoo.

I just got an email from t.v. offering to make a titlepic for this. So I just wanted to doublecheck, we don't actually have a titlepic yet do we? Let me know and I will let t.v. get onto making one for this.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

All good. You two ripped through that map really quickly anyway, so it probably won't take you guys long. Thanks for the heads up.

Also whoo.

I just got an email from t.v. offering to make a titlepic for this. So I just wanted to doublecheck, we don't actually have a titlepic yet do we? Let me know and I will let t.v. get onto making one for this.

Come to think of titlepics is that the Starship Enterprise on the first original titlepic?

Sent map27 to Whoo, although it's strange because I remember him having the latest version before I dropped the map altogether once it was done.

Texture pack changes. Yes. Still.

First off, a new crate from t.v:

And second off:

has become

I removed the light glow above the light itself. So now the top half of the texture is usable as a texture in its own right (above a window or ledge and such.)

has become

(I decided the white noise screen looked crap and stood out too much.)

Same with:

which has become:

Soz dubbl post.

This COMPRED texture:

has been redone.

It is brighter and cleaner, and matches the compred flat better.

And a new flat:

(Tango, this one was for your map, I needed something to go with the Gray METAL2 texture.)

Two other attempts which I may or may not leave in as they are pretty similar.:

There is also a new texture METAL290, which goes with METAL223 and METAL245. When you make a 45 degree angled line you tend to get line lengths of 23, 45 and 90 on a 16, 32 and 64 grid, so these three METAL2 variants cover those line lengths.

Will get new version sent out soon.

@Mionic. Let me know whether you like the 'turn back' texture so as I can include it or do a different one.

@whoo. In other news, am doing a few final checks over my maps, will send them off soon. Soz to the testers, as there will be like 13 maps coming soon.

I like the new COMPRED it looks a lot cleaner compared to the older one, which showed a lot of evidence of re-coloring and palette correction.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

I've made several failed attempts, so no we don't have a titlepic. That would be awesome if t.v. could make one for us.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

*textures*

All look good, but as with t.v.'s last texture hopefully the crate looks less "cartoony" in-game.

My brain is full of poopy. Where is the turn back texture located? Did you send it separate from the texture pack?

Also, I'm having trouble with one area in map24...as soon as I get past this block it should be ready in a few days time.

Yeah, I sent it in a PM separate from the texture pack, but I just resent anyway so all good. See what you think.

Additions to the texture pack.

I felt Tango's map needed a 128x64 door. So I did all three color BIDGOOR's like that. They look really good ingame, better than they do here.

Also, Tango, your map is coming up pretty darn good.

And now, to sleep.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Also, Tango, your map is coming up pretty darn good.

Ooh! Love all the watery stuff mixed with the tech.

COMPRED looks way better now, too.

Zahid said:

Its passed 15 dec. :/
When you guys gonna Release it?
Waiting eagerly;)

WERE GOIN' FOR THE MORDETH!

(throws a gauntlet)

Zahid said:

Its passed 15 dec. :/
When you guys gonna Release it?
Waiting eagerly;)

I'm guessing we'll have a public beta out sometime next month (just maps, nothing else.) Beyond that, it depends on when all the testing gets done along with MIDI Composer availability.

Damn, I'm sorry I missed the deadline. I had my last couple of finals today, so I finally have some free time for again for a short while. I haven't been able to make progress on this really since the bit of time I got for thanksgiving. I really would like to finish it, but I have been considering handing it off to someone else in the team for a while now, since there are a lot of great mappers on this team and I am not very competent at making deadlines. I haven't decided yet though, so I will continue working on the map and I'll make myself decide for sure on the 20th. Here is what it looks like currently, large portions are complete, but they are currently disjointed:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q17/Kassman_01/tntmapshot_zpsc974705c.jpg

lupinx, all good regarding the deadline.

I think the layout looks really good, and we'll happily extend some more time for people to finish their maps, so don't feel like you gotta give it away because of a time shortage.

I suck at making deadlines too. :)

TheMionicDonut said:

WERE GOIN' FOR THE MORDETH!

Challenge. Accepted.

[edit] also thanks for comments and stuff everyone.

I just downloaded the demo for it and it looks really awesome! I was just wondering, will the final version have a different status bar than the original? I noticed Plutonia 2's status bar was different than the original.

I don't know if this thread already exists but if it does, I'm not trying to bump old threads.

BTW, I'm looking forward to playing the final version of this!

LingtheDoomGuy said:

I just downloaded the demo for it and it looks really awesome! I was just wondering, will the final version have a different status bar than the original? I noticed Plutonia 2's status bar was different than the original.

Yes

Whoo said:

I'm guessing we'll have a public beta out sometime next month (just maps, nothing else.) Beyond that, it depends on when all the testing gets done along with MIDI Composer availability.

If there's an extra Midi slot I can work on a track or few for specific maps.

Considering how long ive been following the development of TNT2 (and now contributing in a small way), I'd be surprised if it didnt get the Mordeth :p

The small amount ive played is already cacoward level material in my eyes, best levels ive played since No Rest for the Living.