Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

Actually I am very good at taking feedback and criticism. Ask Megamur. Ask Ragnor. Ask Hawkwind. In fact ask anyone I've worked with. To be fair, I don't take the criticisms of overly opinionated trolls who aren't actually contributing anything to what we are doing. (Don't take that as a dig at you personally, that is true of anybody, regardless.) And I am not about to start listening to trolls today.

As to you saying that you thought I had left the project, that is fair enough. The fault lies entirely with whoo. A few days after the account losering shitstorm, I emailed whoo and reinstated permission to use my stuff, and so we could get back to work on this project. He said he was glad it was resolved and that he would get an IRC channel up for continuing work on this. I was waiting for all that to go through. Instead, I come on the TNT2 thread today to find this mess.

To be fair to you, this part of the mess is entirely not your fault, and I don't blame you for it.

Calling a layout stringy is not trolling dude, it's criticism, just because you don't like hearing it doesn't make it trolling, the fact that you consider it trolling proves you're not very good at taking criticism. If you post content for the community to see in the public thread expect there to be feedback from the public. But since we're going around in circles let me restate...

"I absolutely agree. You are entirely right that this was a failure of management to not bring these issues up before the final hour. Had I been able to play the set from the beginning you would be hearing about it much sooner and had last week's shitstorm with you (to my knowledge) quitting the project not happened I'd be sending you PMs asking you to unfuck it yourself because they're your maps. But that didn't happen. I only four nights ago finally got to play a compiled beta." this was not some Illuminati conspiracy.

And finally to placate you: Whoo if you don't agree with my feedback, ignore it you can throw it all out I don't care, you can throw out my map if you don't like it. I DO NOT want to run this project. I don't care. I will pull my map and cut all ties if you want.

Kyka, what can I say, Whoo said you were going inactive pretty much and infact the rate the project is going at with the improvements is way better than we kept waiting for your maps, only to be dissapointed with some of them (especially the map17).

So by suddenly coming back, arguing, throwing all the shit that comes to your mind at us for ensuring we are not worse than Plutonia 2, you are doing yourself and us a major disservice.

You haven't considered that we would put your maps in a seperate lost episode haven't you? Of course you haven't, you thought we removed those maps for good for the sake of it. No, mine and whoo's ideas is put the removed/scrapped maps into a lost levels episode after the main release (and maybe fix them up), the main release must be however TOP NOTCH quality, no less than that!

Go back to where you came from, the inactivity cave, stop being an ass over it, get over it.

The decision was made after a week of deliberating over what's wrong and what needs to get fixed. I'm not changing the focus of the project over a days worth of rage posting.

Kyka, the decision was made and I'm sticking to it to get the project polished up for release. Thank you for all the work you've done despite what it all came to in the end.

Now accept the decision and get out of this thread.

Bucket said:

Figures you people would have free time on Valentine's Day.

There's a lot of crap to wade through in these past few pages, but it all has the stink of politics and people reaching beyond their station. I took the time today for another submission, and I'll be neutral on this current drama until I know what the hell just happened.

"Total NoThingness"
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9nX-nszGzKvbWttUXNVLUMybDA/edit?usp=sharing

I can fill you in tomorrow on IRC if you want, though there will probably be people on the channel before I get on so they can fill you in as well.

And thanks for the track.

Processingcontrol said:

Hey, I have an idea to solve all this crap:

We should hold vote on whether each individual map gets to stay in this project. The maps voted on will be the ones that were listed in the first post before all this stuff broke out today. The voters will be all the mappers and official playtesters for this project before today. Each voter will be given the chance to play each map before making a decision on it. Obviously mappers can't vote on their own maps. If a map is rejected it can be replaced by one of the maps by Tarnsman, Xaser, etc. that were suddenly added today, which will also be voted on.

Participating mappers must agree not to take out any accepted maps if one of their others doesn't make the cut.

Please share your opinions on this method.

(I feel this will only work out if Kyka agrees to participate.)

Considering the only maps we removed were Kyka's I don't really see the point.

Processingcontrol said:

What about VF's Map31?

Most likely will be a part of the lost levels thingy we have in mind.

Forgot about that one:

Concluded that it was too much of a homage to Evilution's MAP31 and that something new should be done with the slot. Xaser is playing around with the idea of making it a greco-roman themed map.

Well done whoo and Alter. Finally after three years, you make a decision. Congratulations.

You could have worked with me to make changes. After years of doing nothing, you get rid of the only person who did anything. And now you let Tarnsman make decisions for you. Why are you even running this project?

I'd rather Tarnsman run it than you. At least he knows how to communicate, and also how to get things done. I could work with him. I can't work with you. You should have stepped down long before now and you should step down now.

What you have done here is a fucking disgrace. And you have the nerve to dump me and my work. At least I did some work. It is you who should get out of this thread, not me.

And in regards to quality, you and Alter are talking total rubbish. The work I did was far higher quality than anything you two did. I finished and fixed maps by both of you and neither of you ever complained about that. How interesting. TOP NOTCH quality my ass.

Considering how the maps usually looked like after you went through them Kyka, you're one to talk about people having the nerve to shit on your work.

Screw it Kyka, I'm not going to waste more of my time trying to defend your maps right to be in this project. You're acting like a child. I feel TNT 2 won't be the same without your work, but based on the way you've been acting I've lost all hope in it returning. Whatever.

Also, my apologizes to Whoo, Tarnsman, Xaser, and all for my hostile response to the recent changes. I'm starting to understand the decisions you made, partially thanks to Kykas recent posts. Since I never played the maps you decided to remove I really don't have any idea how bad they were.

It would be nice if there was an explanation of what maps removed, why, and what other decisions were made. For example, I didn't know that there was going to be rejects wad until Whoo posted about it a few posts above. I'm very confused about what's going on at this point, and I'm sure many others are to.

Ryan Cordell said:

Considering how the maps usually looked like after you went through them Kyka, you're one to talk about people having the nerve to shit on your work.

Oh Good. Random people who have nothing to do with anything posting comments.

Awesome.

Processingcontrol said:

Screw it Kyka, I'm not going to waste more of my time trying to defend your maps right to be in this project. You're acting like a child. I feel TNT 2 won't be the same without your work, but based on the way you've been acting I've lost all hope in it returning. Whatever.

Also, my apologizes to Whoo, Tarnsman, Xaser, and all for my hostile response to the recent changes. I'm starting to understand the decisions you made, partially thanks to Kykas recent posts. Since I never played the maps you decided to remove I really don't have any idea how bad they were.

It would be nice if there was an explanation of what maps removed, why, and what other decisions were made. For example, I didn't know that there was going to be rejects wad until Whoo posted about it a few posts above. I'm very confused about what's going on at this point, and I'm sure many others are to.

This is going to sound really arrogant, but without me, there would hardly have been a project. Sorry.

Fuck it. I'm done. You guys can have it.

Processingcontrol said:

Thanks for understanding why we're going through with these massive changes.

Once the dust settles (aka once I get some sleep), I'll post an update detailing what is currently going on, what needs to be worked on, and why things were moved/removed/etc. Staying on the IRC channel will keep you up-to-date with where we're at.

Ryan Cordell said:

Now who's this, esselfortium's boyfriend?

Kyka, have you thought about starting your own TNT2 project with cool people and cool issues? You already have a good base to start from: an excellent texture pack and a few good maps.

For the record, I didn't bring essel into this, haha.

I love it how theres no apology to all the people that got fucked over just to mess with Kyka. People like you make me want to quit this game for good.

Fantastic waste of my life working on this was. I would have said "with the team" but there never was a team, really.

This whole thing is about a real lack of leadership. I nominate myself to take over this project and put this ship back on course. Please send me all necessary files immediately. Thank you

It seems like there could've been a straightforward announcement that the WAD requires a 50% reduction in brown textures and meandering hallways to be completed. I think people would be more agreeable to that approach and less likely to take it personally than if you say, "Guess what? All these levels have been scrapped DEALWITHIT.GIF"

"Polish" is a vague term that isn't even slightly constructive.

Ralphis said:

This whole thing is about a real lack of leadership.

Exactly. I should have caught on to this when I never got sent ANYTHING aside from Kyka's massive map set (periodically too! Always sent out new versions and kept people up to date), Mionic's two E3 maps (Whered that map 2 come from?) and Alter's 27. No fucking wonder everything needs polish, nobody ever got the damn things for three years

Judging from the screens Tarnsman posted, there are a bunch of maps that none of the testers, including myself, ever even saw. What a total clusterfuck this has been.

Ragnor said:

Exactly. I should have caught on to this when I never got sent ANYTHING aside from Kyka's massive map set (periodically too! Always sent out new versions and kept people up to date), Mionic's two E3 maps (Whered that map 2 come from?) and Alter's 27. No fucking wonder everything needs polish, nobody ever got the damn things for three years

This too would not have been a problem with an open development model.

Hey there,I'm currenty doing a map to submit it in your project and I wanna ask something,should I put the textures of TNT2 into my wad file by the XWE program? or I don't need it because I tested it on doombuilder and the textures are actually in the game,but when I play it normally the textures don't exist. please answer and thank you.

sincity2100 said:

Hey there,I'm currenty doing a map to submit it in your project and I wanna ask something,should I put the textures of TNT2 into my wad file by the XWE program? or I don't need it because I tested it on doombuilder and the textures are actually in the game,but when I play it normally the textures don't exist. please answer and thank you.

No that would be a noob thing to do. When you play normally, you need to load both the map and the textures wad.

sincity2100 said:

Actually, TNT2 is getting a whole new texture set, so you might wanna wait for that new one to come out. The current one is no longer being used on this project, so I wouldn't bother starting to map with it for the moment.

Hm, Kyka should make new TNT2 project with his maps and every mapper who donated a map here will get to choose between keeping his/her map here or in Kyka's new TNT2. Now that would be worth a popcorn heap.