Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jodwin

Claustrophobia 1024 2: :[Released!]:

gggmork said:

If I remember, crossing more than (8?) walk-over lines simultaneously can sometimes trigger a bug/crash or something, so that might be it. If so an easy fix would be to move some walk over lines down 1 pixel. Others down 2 pixels. others up 1 pixels, etc, so they'd be slightly offset instead of simultaneous. Good job figuring out such a subtle silent warp detail.

The crash might have also been related to the fact that I was testing at 10000 % speed, since I had to wait for +20 game minutes to make sure that the conveyor belt was working properly. I haven't had it crash an other time yet, but I'll look into moving the lines a bit.

I'm still a bit baffled about the momentum thing, it took the pillar about 7-8 minutes (sometimes a little bit more, though) to move 16 or 17 map pixels so that the doll got stuck on the pillar's sector. That's some really, really slow movement...

gggmork said:
If I remember, crossing more than (8?) walk-over lines simultaneously can sometimes trigger a bug/crash or something,

What you're describing is a SPECHITS overflow, but that's vanilla specific and only alters demo synch without adverse effects, so it can't be.

Ok Playtesting.

Has anyone heard from TGH? Not that it is really any of my business, but it doesn't seem like him to just vanish and leave things unfinished.

General comments: Not a big fan of the green color on the Claustrophobia heading on the menu. Clashes a lot with the reds/grays of the Titlepics etc etc. Looks a bit cheap to me.

MAP 01.
--------

-I don't know why I didn't notice this before, but that is one butt ugly sky, which doesn't match the look of the level at all.

-Thing 85 (former human) should be facing south or southwest so he sees the player. Screenie
-Thing 86 (former human) should face west or northwest so he also sees the player. Screenie

Thing 53 and 54 (Both boxes of shells) could be moved out of doorways, so you are not forced to pick them up in order to progress. Particularly when you have like 47 shells, as happened to me on several playthroughs.

-Music is really good.

MAP 02.
--------

-The four pillars around the starting pillars, all the rows of bolts could be neatened up.

-linedefs 840 and 842 could be centred a little better.

-Music is again really good.

MAP 03.
--------
-The BROWNGRN texture on the linedefs around sectors 215, 216, 217, 218 looks wrong.
-In ZDoom, the SUPPORT2 texture is still doing this
-linedef 972 needs a switch texture on either its upper or lower front side, so that players know it does something if they use it.
-Sector 275 is not very likely to be triggered when the player is picking up the berserk pack. Might be better to have an instantly raising sector with a secret tag in front of linedef 972, so the player triggers the secret there rather than relying on triggering it when they pick up the berserk.

-Music is good!!! Three in a row.

Just a general comment. Now that I am just playing through a little more loosely, these three levels are a very good intro to the mapset.
The only minor thing, I think MAP01 could be a touch easier. It is certainly tougher than the two maps that follow it, but it's probably ok.

MAP 04.
--------
-Screenie Perhaps this wall could be made impassable so that caco corpses don't end up floating in midair.

MAP 05.
--------
-Screenie There is something wrong with the placement of Thing 32. What could it be?
-Floor of sector 38 looks wrong imo.
-The backpack at sector 422 can easily be picked up without triggering the secret. The backpack could be moved further back than it is.
-Screenie. Screenie.. I don' know why this is happening, coz there is nothing wrong with any of the linedefs around the area, but i will mention it anyway.
-I think the ceiling of sector 312 looks poo. ARTIF1 or FLTWNO5H looked far better as a replacement.
-linedefs 2177 and 2178 could be aligned so they line up with the floor of sector 416 (It's picky, but meh.)

Kyka said:

MAP 05.
--------
-Screenie There is something wrong with the placement of Thing 32. What could it be?

zdoom - it is because the radius of the dead player just touches line 1938. Just move the dead player slightly south west.

Kyka said:

-Screenie. Screenie.. I don' know why this is happening, coz there is nothing wrong with any of the linedefs around the area, but i will mention it anyway.

zdoom again - A nodes issue I think. I managed to fix this by just moving the vertices of the "red cable" around a bit and rebuilding the nodes.

Kyka said:

-I think the ceiling of sector 312 looks poo. ARTIF1 or FLTWNO5H looked far better as a replacement.

I agree. I admit to noticing this one myself but decided not to mention it. I'm glad you did.

Thanks for those thoughts hawksind. :) Yeah, totally.

kk, down to work.

MAP 06.
--------

-it is possible to pick up the red key without triggering the trap at sector 4. the triggering lines should be moved to the linedefs on the outside of sector 46, not the inside ones.
-the plasma gun is a bit unnecessary. I tested the level without picking up the berserk, purely to make sure there was enough ammo for those who didn't want to berserk, and I got to the end and discovered I hadn't used the plasma at all. (145 bullets, 5 shells remaining, all monsters dead.)
-That broken wall bit at sector 213 with the sky showing through is just wrong given there are rooms and stuff right behind it. Seriously, it just looks totally amateur, and imo wrecks an otherwise interesting and playable map. I would remove it entirely. It doesn't add anything to the level, and just looks poo. If you must leave it in, then at least raise sector 213 so you can't see the join in the sky texture!

-linedefs 10 and 1005 should be impassable.
-I still think the start door looks sucky. What is that pink thing supposed to be. Also, the silver door looks totally out of place given the rest of the level.
-the switch at linedef 401 teleports in one chaingunner into the room. On UV. Bit of a waste of a trap really. Should teleport in a couple of extra imps into other sections of the room. Or a revenant maybe. Something more anyway. I know there is a sergeant and a pinky in the room outside, but that hardly makes an ambush either.
-remove the arrow from the ground at sector 344. Unnecessary.
-revenants/hellknights can't get through doorway at sector 71
-what is the point of the crusher at sector 345? Just outta interest.
-the archvile appearing in front of you at sector 113 looks a bit poo. Could be better teleporting in, or probably the floor raising more slowly, so it looks more 'natural'.
-the switch at linedef 635 would be better on a separate pillar facing forwards. I could understand having it at the back if it was a secret switch, but seeing as it is needed for progression in the level, then make it more obvious. (I know the arrow is there, but that is not particularly noticeable.)

MAP 07
------

-Move the super shotty to where it is obvious and visible from the P1 start position.

MAP 08
--------
-the shoot switch at sector212 could be put outside, like on the top of the church at sector 342. I have played this level a bunch of times in version 0, and missed it heaps then, and missed it again now, as it has been a while and I forget. and went switch hunting. the rest of the level is not bad in this regard.
-The railing at linedef 220 etc etc is really poorly aligned as to where the support colums are, and one side is different from the other side. You know what I mean.
-Still think the areas outside the map look ugly, like something straight out of 1994.
-linedefs 1230 and 1239 need to be just moved around. Something in the ZDoom nodes is playing silly.
Before moving them around
After moving them around
Nothing else was changed, no texture realignments or anything, just moved the linedefs around a bit.
-completely remove the RH piece of sector 375. You get stuck in this area very easily when you are trying to get away from the hell knight in sector 399. You move backwards to fall down the lift to get away, and instead you find yourself having run across the top of the lift and standing on this little floor. You die. Unnecessary little area.
-linedef 434 and 436 need some aligning.
-picky. I don't like the door at linedef 999. But that is just me.

MAP 09
--------

-the ceiling on sector 48 should be changed, as it has straight lines through it and the sector is diagonal. Something like METLSL05 looks much better.
-linedefs such as 1473 and 1486 could use some aligning.
-hell knight gets stuck on doorway at sector 139
-linedefs 1263, 712, 1265, 1267, 708, 1259, 707 etc etc all around that room, could use some neatening up in terms of x alignment. Splitting the lines to remove the vertical black lines might be good. (picky, but that's what I'm here for. :P)
-Shells at sector 175 have fallen into the floor gap. Screenie
-sectors 229 and 230 could have a ceiling flat that doesn't have huge lines running through it maybe.

Kyka said:

-remove the arrow from the ground at sector 344. Unnecessary.
-what is the point of the crusher at sector 345? Just outta interest.
-the switch at linedef 635 would be better on a separate pillar facing forwards. I could understand having it at the back if it was a secret switch, but seeing as it is needed for progression in the level, then make it more obvious. (I know the arrow is there, but that is not particularly noticeable.)

Just quickly commenting on these; the crusher is there for tysoning. The sarges had to be pushed back to avoid picking their shotguns, thus making it impossible to kill them when tysoning (besides, it's also an interesting tyson room when you need to get through it asap with sarges sniping). So with the crusher it's still possible to do a legit tyson-max.

As for the arrow, unless I misunderstood some other testers, the switch on the back is easy to miss (well, yeah, it is...). Okay, there could be an extra pillar but that would make the not-too-big hall pretty cramped, while that part does need some cover and enough space to get behind that cover (especially so when tysoning ;) ). Well, I'll think about it of course in case something pops into mind...

MAP 10
--------
-Definitely one of my favorites in the mapset.
-The floor of sector 140 looks poo when the switch is raised. It would be just as easy to put the switch in the wall at linedef 371 and not have to worry about lowering the switch into the ground. Screenie
-Floor of sector 6 should be OHEX01 imo. Looks kinda weird.
-Sectors 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 should have a ceiling height of 192. It looks kinda weird to see the imps lowering through the ceiling.
-The difference between lit areas and darker areas is too great imo.
Screenie
Screenie
The lit areas are too bright, stand out too much. (sector 121 also)
-The exit teleport looks poo as the sector it is in is too narrow to fir the 64x64 teleport properly. No reason you couldn't just put a switch to exit the level.
-Screenie pretty obvious what is wrong here. probably a different texture/flat combination would be easier to align, and look better.
-Sector 75 could have its ceiling brightness set to 144

MAP 11
------
-First thing to mention is that the music on this level is much louder in volume than any of the levels around it. I don't know if there is much you can easily do about this, but I will mention it anyway.
-Jodwin. really liking how much better this level is than the last version. :D This level gets the award for "most improved"
-Linedef 82 is misaligned in ZDoom, which is kinda odd, given that this linedef is aligned perfectly in DoomBuilder itself. Go figure. Must be a patch error or something. Also will mention again that the patches in SUPPORT2 are not tiling correctly either in ZDoom.
The STARTAN2 around linedefs 83 and 1809 is misaligned and needs neatening up.
Sectors 268 and 271 need their floors raised by 35 (Yes that's right, 35) units. So as you can't see the sky border texture through the windows.
The shoot-secret at Sector 482 needs to be raised up so that it can be shot without having to use mouselook. At the moment its ceiling and floor are too low.

MAP 12
--------

-Another of my favorites.

-Sectors 37, 1482 and 1483 need a brown ceiling rather than a gray one.
Switch at sector 1438 could be a little more obvious. Perhaps just raise the light level there a little.
-A couple of stimpacks tucked away in the monster closet at sector 266 would be good. The battles before this, there is not a lot of health.
-The plasma secret around sector 1329 is difficult to trigger.
-This is probably a silly question, but why does sectors 1329 (Sector effect 77) and sector 1332 (sector effect 141) have unknown sector effects on them? (At least they show up as unknown sector effects in Doombuilder, and I know I loaded the mapset in 'Boom' config.)

MAP 13
--------

-The Mancubus (thing number 97) that appears on UV is unable to teleport into the map as linedefs 1035 and 1038 are too close together.

-MAP 14
--------
-linedef 2095 needs its backside lower texture set to QKTRIM 12 to match linedef 2088.

--------

General. music is very good up to this point. neat. ! The only one I thought didn't suit is MAP 08, but I am sure someone out there will like it.

Kyka said:

MAP 10
--------
-Floor of sector 6 should be OHEX01 imo. Looks kinda weird.

I thought so too at first. Have a look at the lowers for lines 4, 5, 131 and 551.

Kyka said:

MAP 11
------

-Linedef 82 is misaligned in ZDoom, which is kinda odd, given that this linedef is aligned perfectly in DoomBuilder itself. Go figure. Must be a patch error or something. Also will mention again that the patches in SUPPORT2 are not tiling correctly either in ZDoom.

I'm wondering if the author has used an older version of zdbsp. It used to have this issue.

Kyka said:

The shoot-secret at Sector 482 needs to be raised up so that it can be shot without having to use mouselook. At the moment its ceiling and floor are too low.

This is not a shoot-secret. It is a use switch. So I think it is ok.

Kyka said:

MAP 12
--------
-The plasma secret around sector 1329 is difficult to trigger.

Yes. It can be. Sector 1329 should be the secret.

Kyka said:

-This is probably a silly question, but why does sectors 1329 (Sector effect 77) and sector 1332 (sector effect 141) have unknown sector effects on them? (At least they show up as unknown sector effects in Doombuilder

They are boom generalised sector effects. Right click on the sector > Select Effect ...

Kyka said:

-MAP 14
--------
-linedef 2095 needs its backside lower texture set to QKTRIM 12 to match linedef 2088.

Now how did I miss that one ... ;)

hawkwind said:

I thought so too at first. Have a look at the lowers for lines 4, 5, 131 and 551.

I did notice this, but in spite of that, I still thought it looks better with the OHEX01 floor.

This is not a shoot-secret. It is a use switch. So I think it is ok.

Ooops. In the original version it was a shoot switch, so I guess I just assumed it was a shoot switch again. Thanks for pointing this out.

They are boom generalised sector effects. Right click on the sector > Select Effect ...

Ooops again. I didn't know that generalised sector effects would show up as unknown. I just saw 'unknown' and thought "hmmm. Something not right."

Now how did I miss that one ... ;)

very nearly missed it myself. Looked around the exit room, was like "everything is fine here, my work is done on this level.", then slowly it was like a Homer Simpson moment. "Waaaaaaaait a second. Something's not right." Like my subconscious noticed it, but it took me a little bit to work out what it was. Anyway, as long as one of us got it.

Thanks for the clarifications Hawkwind. :D

@Stewboy. No need to do that. Jodwin is making the changes himself. He decided that would be easier than having everyone resubmit and having to recompile the entire wad, while chasing people to make changes etc etc.

Kyka said:

MAP 11
------
-Linedef 82 is misaligned in ZDoom, which is kinda odd, given that this linedef is aligned perfectly in DoomBuilder itself.

Strange indeed ! It is not just misaligned in zdoom, but also in glboom+ and Risen3D at least. Yet, as you correctly state, looks fine in DB 1 and 2. Since in the 3 ports mentioned it renders not as intended I would suspect DB1 and 2 to be in error. Also interesting, if you change the X offset from 52 to 4 it renders correctly in DB 1 and 2 and in the source ports ...

... damn ! another one I missed ...

MAP 15
--------

-I couldn't hit the shootswitch at linedef 2947, standing on the raised block. I had to mouselook upwards to be able to hit it.
-The armor at sector 536 should be moved to the corner around sector 376. Coz when the pillar raises, the armor is stuck inside it. can still be picked up, just looks untidy.
-Monsters seem to have a hard time crossing over linedefs 319, 864, 868

-Great secret hunt. Man I spent forever tracing every linedef in DoomBuilder to figure out what does what and what opens which door to this voodoo doll etc etc.

Map 31
--------

-I have one thing to say to the music on this level.

W

T

F

?

-Screenie
Screenie
I thought it was a neat trick to bend the linedefs to give the illusion of 'depth, but it was for some reason showing this effect. C'mon Jodwin. Full rectangular blocks plz :P
-Screenie The two PE's at sector 95 can be easily killed without the lift lowering.
-linedef 1551 could have a lift tag on it, rather than making linedef 381 into a switch. Neater imo.
-linedef 929 should be a once only switch, not repeatable.
-LINEDEF 2541 has a switch texture on it, but no switch action.
-Sector 522 needs its ceiling height to be 8 rather than 0, or you get HOM's when the floor at sector 121 is lowered.
-I really like what was done with the pink secret switches too. Very cool!
-The texture for the secret exit switch could be something other than a COMPBLUE texture, seeing as the level is, well, green.

MAP 32
--------

-Sector 334, 335, 336 and all the other doors around the outside of the main room would look better with FDMN15RD, rather than BLOOD1.
-still can't decide on the music for this level. Oh, what the hell, lets just run with it. It is very catchy.

Kyka said:

-I have one thing to say to the music on this level.

Heh. I should have had it in ver. 0 already, but somehow it slipped past after Daimon put in the previous metal song. The current piano song is Mionic's original choice and IMO works nice for a secret level. :P

@ kyka ...

Map 15 line 2947 ...

You are missing something ... ;) HINT ... line 1930 . All is well here.

Map 31 ...

To fix the screenie visual error in zdoom, just remove the back side textures for lines 1727, 3291, 1728, 3292, 1729, 3293, 1730 and 3294. The player is obviously not meant to see these textures anyway.

I've already mentioned that one ... ;)

hawkwind said:

@ kyka ...

Map 15 line 2947 ...

You are missing something ... ;) HINT ... line 1930 . All is well here.

I found linedef 1930, and even tho standing on that block, I still couldn't shoot that switch. It would still hit the bottom 'teeth' of the gargoyle face, rather than hitting the rear wall. perhaps it is a ZDoom bullet height thing. (I have no idea if there is such a thing), but yeah, even with the block raised, the bullet would clip the base of linedef 2944.

Map 31 ...

To fix the screenie visual error in zdoom, just remove the back side textures for lines 1727, 3291, 1728, 3292, 1729, 3293, 1730 and 3294. The player is obviously not meant to see these textures anyway.

Good spot. I didn't even think to check that! An elegant solution.

I've already mentioned that one ... ;) [/B]

Of course. :D

So once this is released are we going to make a new 1024 mapset? I'd be up for it.

Kyka said:

Map 15 line 2947 ...

I found linedef 1930, and even tho standing on that block, I still couldn't shoot that switch. It would still hit the bottom 'teeth' of the gargoyle face, rather than hitting the rear wall. perhaps it is a ZDoom bullet height thing. (I have no idea if there is such a thing), but yeah, even with the block raised, the bullet would clip the base of linedef 2944.

You are indeed right about zdoom. It would be a worse problem if it occurred in prboom, without mouselook. zdoom uses mouselook so zdoom can still get the secret. Still though, why the height difference, as you say ?

MAP 33.
--------
-The only thing on this level would be the fact that the shootswitch that starts the level and the exit switch are in the same place. If you walk up to the switch at linedef 2824 and push 'use', you will hear a switch going off, but nothing will happen. So thi swill probably lead to many players using that switch and then standing around waiting for ages, until they get bored and eventually figure out they are meant to shoot it.
-Possible solutions
a)write 'shoot' on the ground in blood near the switch. (Probably the easiest way)
b)move the final switch to inside one of the crates, which lowers to reveal the exit switch when everything is dead (though this might mess up the progression of scrollers and stuff, besides making a lot more work.)

I mean, I am sure that most players will work it out, but it is just a thought anyway.

Besides this, it is a great looking level, as well as being uber tough. (I managed to finish it for the first time today!) A really good secret level.

MAP34
--------
Couldn't fault this one. Is the final demon tougher than he used to be? I don't remember him being this difficult. Not that that is a bad thing, just outta curiosity.

MAP16
------
-Sector 88 needs something other than CRATE2 as a ceiling texture.
-Sectors 29 and 95 could use their ceiling raised by 8 units. (picky, I know, even by my standards)

hawkwind said:

You are indeed right about zdoom. It would be a worse problem if it occurred in prboom, without mouselook. zdoom uses mouselook so zdoom can still get the secret. Still though, why the height difference, as you say ?

I don't know why the height difference was done in ZDoom, but either way I raised the rising pillar by four units (and added a stepping stone, obviously) and that seems to work ok in both ZDoom and prboom.

MAP 17
--------
-The archvile at sector 66 looks weird just appearing like that. Easy fix to raise sector 64 floor height to 40 (its ceiling height), stick METALE on linedef 304 frontside lower. (adding the lower unpegged flag to this line too) Then make linedef 275 lower sector 65 to nearest adjacent floor, instead of raising sector 66. Will have to remove lower unpegged flag from linedefs 305, 328, 333, 306, 307, 334. This would make a wall drop in front of the archvile, rather than make it just appear. It sounds a lot, but it took me like 2 minutes to do all that.

Course this is assuming you want to change it in the first place. ^^

-Uber picky alert. Linedefs such as 238 could have their lower textures aligned to match the floor on sector 38.

-Trap at sector 266 is still pretty brutal, you could get away with 2 Barons instead of 3, but this is a matter of preference. If you survive the first few seconds down there, it is cool Infighting them and the mancs and watching the show.

MAP 18
--------
-linedefs 55, 62, 67, 72 need the METAL texture offset so that the row of bolts are in the middle.
-linedef 8 could be made impassable. (A couple of times I got stuck in that little alcove while fighting the big trap triggered by linedef 245.

MAP 19
--------
The bars over the exit are a bit pointless, they don't stop you using the exit switch. Inset the switch a little deeper perhaps? That's about it.

100% monsters: yes.
100% items: yes.
100% secrets: yes.

Is TGH still playtesting, does anyone know, Coz he was checking all the 100% K/I/S thing. But he only has tested up to about 20 something, so I guess that needs doing for these later levels too. Unless someone else has done it already?

MAP 20
--------
-The backpack in the secret at sector 46 is a bit redundant, as you get a backpack right next to it out in the open at the start. Looking around at what other items are available in the early part of the level, I think you could add the rocket launcher, moving it from the secret at sector 184. Would give a few more opprtunities to use the RL during the level too.
-floor of sector 63 needs to be CEIL5_1

100% monsters: yes.
100% items: yes.
100% secrets: yes.

MAP 21
--------

-Linedefs 2180 and 2014 need their lower unpegged flags on. (Picky, but I noticed it, so I will mention it)

100% Kills: Yes
100% itens: no
100% Secrets: no

Just for the record, I have only said 100% items and secrets is not possible because I could not figure out for the life of me how to get the secret at sector 204. I am sure that I am missing something obvious, but i truly could not figure it out. I even checked that the stairs to the 3D bridge could be raised later in the level or something, to get back up there. Nope. Provided that you can get this secret, (and i am sure you can,) then both items and secrets are at 100% and everything is fine. (I am sure the fault is mine and there is nothing wrong with the level itself.)

Otherwise, all good with this one.

MAP 22
--------
-linedef 202 should be impassable.
-Uber picky. linedefs 1134, 1139, 1579, 1581, 1583, 1586 need to have their backside upper aligned.
-I HAAAAAAAAATE THE TRAP AT SECTOR 133. At least you could make the floor of sector 133 not hellslime. To me this trap is the one part of the level that completely breaks the flow and the fast pace of the level. BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! HISS!!!!!!! DEATH TO THE INFIDEL TRAP!!!!

100% Items: Yes
100% Secrets: Yes

MAP 23
--------
-gulp nothing wrong with this one, I thought. **

100% Items: Yes
100% Secrets: No secrets on this level.

**As if!!1! I thought the sides of some of the bricks could use some neatening up, as some of the lines fall in the middle of the brick surface, but meh, this is me being uber picky again!!

Kyka said:

100% Secrets: no

I'm not on my mapping computer right now so I can't check which sector 204 is, but:

Spoiler

You need to do an arch-vile jump to get on the crate with the health and armor bonuses on top (this triggers a conveyor belt which gives you a megasphere), and for the other (new) secret you need to jump on the thin ledge by the hexagon-textured wall when picking the blue key. Follow the ledge to the other end of the room (where the hexagon wall is slightly bent inwards - you can see this as Doom renders the bent line slightly darker) and the wall lowers, revealing a plasma gun with some ammo. There's not much space (so the secret is hard to trigger) but if you hug the plasma gun platform closely the secret triggers ok.

Kyka said:

-The texture for the secret exit switch could be something other than a COMPBLUE texture, seeing as the level is, well, green.

That's intentional.

MAP 24
--------
-linedef 395 needs to be impassable. (I got stuck on it lots while fighting from in that room)
-Sector 144 needs its floor height set to about -64. so as the monsters on it can be killed. (There is a crusher in a secret which will kill them, but might be better if they could also be killed with weapons.)

100% Kills: if you count finding the secret switch that kills those revenants out there on that platform, then yes, otherwise no.
100% Items: yes
100% Secrets: yes.

MAP 25
--------
-the midtexture MIDFENC2 on linedefs 7843, 7856, 7861 extends infinitely into the ceiling.
-linedef 8343 is misaligned.
-Interesting glitch. Sectors 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991 are all tagged with sector effect 12 (light blinks 0.5 second sync). It is interesting that this effect does not work in these four sectors, and these four sectors are really tiny sectors. All the other tagged sectors work fine. Screenie. See what you make of it!
-linedefs 4369, 4335 etc are all hugely misaligned. Easily fixed problem tho. Set the floor height of sector 799 to -102 (which is where it should be!) and this fixes the alignment problem with all those little lines. Weird, but it works.

100% Kills: yes.
100% Items: yes
100% Secrets: yes.

Kyka said:

-Sector 144 needs its floor height set to about -64. so as the monsters on it can be killed. (There is a crusher in a secret which will kill them, but might be better if they could also be killed with weapons.)

ZDoom has mouse look, and in Boom (and vanilla) splash damage damages things regardless of height, so you can just shoot rockets to the pillar/drill/whatever and they'll damage the monsters. Besides, those revenants and imps aren't that dangerous, so even if someone plays ZDoom without mouselook, sticking to the secret crusher shouldn't be too bad.

edit:

Kyka said:

MAP 25
--------
-linedefs 4369, 4335 etc are all hugely misaligned. Easily fixed problem tho. Set the floor height of sector 799 to -102 (which is where it should be!) and this fixes the alignment problem with all those little lines. Weird, but it works.

ZDoom, again. :) It looks ok in prboom+ (and apparently in Risen3D since hawkwind didn't bring it up), but is wrong in Zdoom and DB's 3D mode (if you lower sector 799). Lowering the sectors is out of question since they're raised to make getting to the secret easier (it's a fake ceiling/floor trick by TGH), instead setting lower unpegged and Y-offset to -6 for the small lines works for both prboom+ and ZDoom.

Jodwin said:

Map 25 ...

ZDoom, again. :) It looks ok in prboom+ (and apparently in Risen3D since hawkwind didn't bring it up),

Beat me to it. I was just going to report that it looked ok to me. Interesting, I also did a quick check in zdoom 2.3.1 r2014 dec 2 and it renders fine here. Kyka, what version of zdoom did you test this with ? Have you modified the map in any way before ?

Jodwin said:

instead setting lower unpegged and Y-offset to -6 for the small lines works for both prboom+ and ZDoom.

Unfortunately, that does not work in Risen3D ...

screenie

hawkwind said:

Unfortunately, that does not work in Risen3D ...

Are you sure you edited the correct lines? The buggy ones were the gray crate's 1 pixel short lines (texture stone10), changing those shouldn't affect the step_n16-lines.

Jodwin said:

Are you sure you edited the correct lines? The buggy ones were the gray crate's 1 pixel short lines (texture stone10), changing those shouldn't affect the step_n16-lines.

I did edit the wrong lines. Sorry. Editing the correct lines is fine with Risen3D too. Please ignore what I stated earlier ...

Hey Jodwin, sorry I haven't updated at all in a long time. My computer came down with a virus, and I've been Doomless since about the 20th or so... I'm going through the process of re-installing and configuring everything, so it's a real pain. I'm not going to be able to test any further. My only copies of Doom are back in Missouri and I can't download anything at a reasonable speed anyways. Seriously, sorry about this.