Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf community project (fun and easy going)

With WOS out of the way I've decided to run a fun community project. The rules are simple. Simply make me a map for Doom 2.

Update: 5 April 2010, I'm expanding this to 32 levels.

* Must be for MAP01 of Doom 2.
* Make it as good as your abilities can allow you to.
* Limit Removing, so add as much detail as you like.
* Any theme or style.
* Use any enemies.
* Difficulty Settings yes or no, it doesn't matter.
* If you want to. You can include any new music of your choice in MUS or MID format so it doesn't matter if the music if from Doom/Doom2/TNT/Heretic/Hexen/ROTT or if its an original composition.
* Use only stock Doom 2 textures.
* Your level must have a name (for example ENTRYWAY, UNDERHALLS, etc).
* You must include a text file with the map (Zipped)

The aim is for 30 levels and 2 secret levels.

The levels will be then compiled into a megawad with a progressing theme. Base levels go first, brick, castle, and hellish maps go last for example.

And finally, take your time because there is no need to rush.

Email your maps zipped to: pcorfiatis at our dot net dot au

at = @
dot = .

MAPS RECEIVED (27)

The Deceived by Philnemba
Granite Base by Captain Toenail
Roundabout by Krispavera
Sacrificial Castle by aaglo
Entryway on Earth by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
Untitled (pmap4_d2.wad) by Pablo Dictter
Loathsome Library by Captain Toenail
Buried Eons by jerrysheppy
Liquid Facility by Philnemba
Shipwreck by aaglo
At Hell's Gate X by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
4chan servers by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
Simply Familiar by Philnemba (MAP07)
Morgue Theft by ArmouredBlood (MAP32)
Malle Brok by Cris Hansen
Piss Factory by Chris 'purist' Bourke
Substation by Dutch Devil
NIGHT OF FAIL by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri (MAP31)
Malebolge by Snakes
Demonic Caprice by jerrysheppy
High Time for Death by Malinku
Seven Dead Disciples by Keeper of Jericho
A Vile Piece by darkreaver
Lockdown by Phobus
Iron Mike by Snakes
Nukem by Captain Toenail
untitled (name to be specified) by Pcorf (MAP15)

** by (MAP30)

SPECIAL SLOTS

MAP07: Phinemba
MAP15: Pcorf
MAP30:
MAP31: Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
MAP32: ArmouredBlood

Hi Paul. I am intrigued by your project, but would like to pose a couple of questions first.

What are your standards for quality control? Do you only want submissions from established mappers or can any noob (like me) participate?

Is this supposed to be a competition with winners and losers?

What will you do if you receive more than 32 maps?

Do the maps need to account for different skill settings?

I have an old map I made earlier this year that was originally for a megawad but there was a lack of interest in it. It was my first attempt at a slaughter map however I'm considering toning it down and expanding it a bit. Also here's a pic.

Philnemba said:

I have an old map I made earlier this year that was originally for a megawad but there was a lack of interest in it. It was my first attempt at a slaughter map however I'm considering toning it down and expanding it a bit. Also here's a pic.

Go ahead and send it to me!

sparerib1968 said:

Hi Paul. I am intrigued by your project, but would like to pose a couple of questions first.

What are your standards for quality control? Do you only want submissions from established mappers or can any noob (like me) participate?

Well try and make the level as good as you can to your abilities. I prefer to have as many good maps as possible. So try your very best in Doom Builder. I may also touch ups to average maps such as aligning textures which are misaligned in a very noticeable way.

sparerib1968 said:

Is this supposed to be a competition with winners and losers?

Nope. Its just for fun.

sparerib1968 said:

What will you do if you receive more than 32 maps?

I'm not sure right now.

1 - First option will be to include the best 32 levels in one wad and the other levels in another wad.

2 - Second option is to include ALL levels in the same wad. So if I get 43 maps it will go from MAP01 to MAP43 when playing in ZDOOM.

If there is at least 32 maps normal exits in MAP15, MAP31 will be changed to secret exits.

sparerib1968 said:

Do the maps need to account for different skill settings?

I don't care one bit. I prefer skill settings but if your map has no skill settings thats fine.

Captain Toenail said:

Can I submit this? It was going to be the first or second level of my megawad which I never finished - I'm willing to work on it and expand the map and add new areas if you want?

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=15612

Go ahead and do what you feel like doing to it. So feel free to expand it and add new areas. Make it as good as your abilities allow you to.

I just send a attach email to you Paul, I took too long to send it because Yahoo mail was begin retarded to me. Anyway before I send it I made some slight thing changes and tested it before I send it to you.
Also tell me if there should be any changes on my map(details,things, etc).

I'm making a map to submit for this. I've never mapped for a community project before. Are you planning on making the megawad/episode continuous or pistol starts? Just asking because my level is already looking very MAP01-ish.

I started working on a map earlier today. Something to do as I procrastinate.

pcorf said:

* Your level must have a name (for example ENTRYWAY, UNDERHALLS, etc).

Does this mean we must simply name it, or do we have to replace the level name sprite in our wad?

DuckReconMajor said:

I started working on a map earlier today. Something to do as I procrastinate.Does this mean we must simply name it, or do we have to replace the level name sprite in our wad?

No you don't have to replace the level name sprite. I will sort all that out. Give it a name but if you can't come up with a name I will just name it after the filename.

Philnemba said:

I just send a attach email to you Paul, I took too long to send it because Yahoo mail was begin retarded to me. Anyway before I send it I made some slight thing changes and tested it before I send it to you.
Also tell me if there should be any changes on my map(details,things, etc).

Nah, the map was average. But certainly difficult.

I fixed up the Door Tracks and aligned a few textures.

walter confalonieri said:

maybe i'll do some short stuff for this...

Go ahead and do it.

Hey Paul I was wondering but would it be ok if I could possible submitted another map to you? Its a tech map in a style of Ep1(just started making it yesterday). Its not finish yet(about 15-20% done)but I'll post some pics possible tomorrow.

I might make a contribution to this as well...I'm not the best mapper there is but I'll make an honest effort to make something nice for it. Settling for MID/MUS is going to be the only part of this that I don't like, though.

Philnemba said:

Hey Paul I was wondering but would it be ok if I could possible submitted another map to you? Its a tech map in a style of Ep1(just started making it yesterday). Its not finish yet(about 15-20% done)but I'll post some pics possible tomorrow.

Doing a second map is fine.

dutch devil said:

I might contribute to this, just need some ideas.

I love ya to shreds!

You're a legend at mapping. Take your time with it.

Eponasoft said:

I might make a contribution to this as well...I'm not the best mapper there is but I'll make an honest effort to make something nice for it. Settling for MID/MUS is going to be the only part of this that I don't like, though.

Sounds good. And btw you don't have to include new music with your map.

I have an old map that I've never released before. I'm thinking about fixing it up a little and submitting it, as I spent a lot of time making it. Would be neat to see it go to something. It's a techbase map, so it would be a fitting early level.

I have one map I'm working on right now for my megawad. It's the one I've posted screens of before that features a chapel. It's not nearly finished yet but it's getting there. It's designed for Vavoom but I can easily retrofit it for vanilla. It's a castle theme so maybe it would be a middle level. I should be able to finish it by the end of the year for this compilation.

Krispavera said:

I have an old map that I've never released before. I'm thinking about fixing it up a little and submitting it, as I spent a lot of time making it. Would be neat to see it go to something. It's a techbase map, so it would be a fitting early level.

Sounds really good. So anyway take your time to touch it up and then email it to me.

Eponasoft said:

I have one map I'm working on right now for my megawad. It's the one I've posted screens of before that features a chapel. It's not nearly finished yet but it's getting there. It's designed for Vavoom but I can easily retrofit it for vanilla. It's a castle theme so maybe it would be a middle level. I should be able to finish it by the end of the year for this compilation.

Okay. Whatever you do go ahead.

The deadline is Dec 31 but it will go over the date if people don't have their maps done by then.

pcorf said:

Doing a second map is fine.

Anyway, my second map is half done so far so once its finish lighting and most things will be added.

Yea it kinda looks like something from E1M1 but my way :P

Hey look there's the exit :D