Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

32in24-9: Return of DUEL CORE! - Final bugfixed release on page 5!

The Green Herring said:

MAP19: The Crucible of Sorrow -
* The title of this level now appears in-game. Previously, I had forgotten to update its MAPINFO entry with the final title.

Thank you. :)

The Green Herring said:

* It is now possible to access the bookcase items without jumping. Find out how for yourself!

I approved this :)

The Green Herring said:

[b]* It is no longer possible to get trapped between the crates in the brick house in source ports without jumping. Press the Use key when facing the medium-sized, gray crate to escape.

Huh. I thought I fixed that. Must've been between crashes.

Agh, sucks that I missed this one :(. I guess that's what I get for driving up to D.C. during a blizzard warning. Oh well, maybe next time!

I'm gonna give this alpha a spin.

Abyssalstudios1 said:

Well, true. How's Saturday?

Sure, I'll try to host Skulltag but I have had some problems with that before (my damn router) which I will try to fix. I'll tell you if I can or can't once I know.

avery1555 said:

Sure, I'll try to host Skulltag but I have had some problems with that before (my damn router) which I will try to fix. I'll tell you if I can or can't once I know.

Excellent. I'll ask around and see if any of my casual Doomer friends can join.

Wow, MAP46 is brilliant. But may I suggest adding wind to the start tunnels? It's entirely possible to sit above the pit and shoot the enemy below. That is, of course, incredibly lame and I don't think many people would do it... but there's always that one guy...

Pff, who duels on single maps anymore? We could release them together in our own project, though. 2in32. I'm down with that.

Creaphis said:

Pff, who duels anymore?

Abridged for simplicity

Nah, the last 32in24 duel pack still had some DM usage. You never know.

And now, we have a beta version. The next version after this one will be the last! Beware!

http://www.disasterlabs.com/thegreenherring/temp/32in24-9_BETA.zip

Changelog:

General -
* The previous TITLEPIC is now the INTERPIC. There is a new TITLEPIC, along with new title and intermission music. :D
* All levels have level title graphics now! Again, to see them in single player, use "changemap [map name]" to change levels.

MAP03: BrickRoll'd -
* The music has been changed. It's never gonna let you down, tell a lie or desert you.

MAP13: Distant Rig -
* Two ceiling flats changed. Yes, that is all. [Jimmy91]

traversd said:
@TGH: Sounds like my map is in. Given the comments re:health and ammo/texture alignment, what tweaks can be done to the map now during the 'alpha' without breaking the rules of 32in24? If you want I'm happy to fix up items etc if it's needed.

Go right ahead, but be quick!

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/19952569/Mio-MindDuel-32in24-9.wad

Alright since we are still doing updated.

Fixed the last few textures.

Did a thorough find and replace this time, so no more goofs.

EDIT: EXCEPT FOR THE FEW I MANAGED TO FIND AND FIX IN http://www.speedyshare.com/files/19957382/Mio-MindDuel-32in24-9.wad
THIS ONE MORE FINAL VERSION!

Also did the same on Map18

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/19952579/Mio-Crappy-32in24-9.wad

Abyssalstudios1 said:

Wow, MAP46 is brilliant. But may I suggest adding wind to the start tunnels? It's entirely possible to sit above the pit and shoot the enemy below. That is, of course, incredibly lame and I don't think many people would do it... but there's always that one guy...

I assume you are talking about map45 and if you are...this is a duel map! its pretty easy to avoid people who do that, just run to the wall close to them. They wont be able to hit you! If there were more people then i don't know what to say, other than ytou are polaying the map wrong!

I say yes since traditionally EVERY 32in24 must have a funny title pic that has nothing to do with DOOM(with the exception of 32in24-8 since it had the DOOMguy with a beard).

You know if this wad were released to day it would be as if Christmas came early, only late, which is to say right on schedule.