Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > MY FIRST MAP!!!!! :o

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:53. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jukenukem
Banned

Hiya.

I finally finished a map. It took me all weekend to make. ;-;

Someone play it plz. ;-;

Thx.

I intended it to be played with a port that has a good mouselook feature and jumping, so run it in GZDoom or EDGE!

That's all. Try find all the secrets! I hope you like it! :o

http://markno2.110mb.com/firstmap.wad (only 66KB)

Old Post 01-17-10 12:51 #
jukenukem is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jonno8825
Warming Up

Hmmmm, not to bad, small and to the point, just how I like my maps. the cybers at the were a nice surprise, I just grabbed the key and finished the level though

Old Post 01-17-10 13:31 #
Jonno8825 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MSPaintR0cks

I like short levels most, they are fun and can be finished in short time. (=
It was very enjoyable, but a bit to hard for me at times (I am not that good at doom), especially the archvile that suddenly appeared behind the door. I had little life when I encountered the cyberdemon, so I grabbed the key, opened the door and just ran in circles around the cyberdemons until the door opened.
I wondered about how the level was built. Every wall was built like a door, except you couldn`t open them. I thought that it could be made as a trap that opens every wall and unleashes a cyberdemon or something like that. But it didn`t happen. I think you know what I mean. ;)

Old Post 01-17-10 13:54 #
MSPaintR0cks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jukenukem
Banned

Did you guys find all the secrets? :D

Old Post 01-17-10 14:39 #
jukenukem is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pavera

Nice job for a first map. There was obvious texture misalignment everywhere, but the architecture was pretty well done for a first time. The gameplay got the job done pretty well.. I can't complain about picking up a plasma gun and a rocket launcher and taking on a couple cyberdemons.

Old Post 01-17-10 15:12 #
Pavera is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jonno8825
Warming Up

Yeah, I played it this time and went secret hiding, The first one is easy, it appears on the map :/ and the other two weren't that hard to find ether, good job though.

Old Post 01-17-10 18:07 #
Jonno8825 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ArmouredBlood

First demo attempt with prboom+...

It plays well and the simple architecture is nice. I couldn't figure out how to get the rocket launcher though -.- Also place the ammo before the cyberdemons actually in the arena instead of on a ledge you can't get back up to, I pour all my ammo into them and didn't kill either -.-

Old Post 01-17-10 20:21 #
ArmouredBlood is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jukenukem
Banned

That was intentional! :D

I wanted you to have to take them down with spare rockets or, failing that, the super-shotgun when the cells ran out.

You need a port with jumping to get the rocket-launcher.

Thanks for the demo. :3

Old Post 01-17-10 23:01 #