Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Hexen : Curse of the demon lord. (A sequel)
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 5 [6]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:29. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kristus
Megablast!

So. Hello there everyone.
This project hasn't really been making flying progress in a while now (for more or less a year). Even if I still work on it, it's really progressing very slowly. I figured that I should at least put out a bit of information on what is going on for anyone who is expecting it.

Maps 1-3 are all mostly done, sans some final polishing and playtesting.
Maps 4-6 are sort of in mid production and the ones that are progressing the most at this time, but I'm not terribly happy with them currently so I am considering how I should contiune work on them, to keep going in the direction I had planned or if I should make some large scale changes to the layout that would benefit game play rather than narrative.

Map 7 is looking rather pretty but hasn't made any progress in a while. My plans for it is to make it one of my "trademark" open world maps, in the likes of Map07 from Nimrod, and Map04 from Curse of D'sparil. But I am sort of tired.

Map 8 is only in my imagination at the present time.

Anyway, It's likely that speed will pick up eventually, it's mostly a matter of when, sometimes I can lose interest for a long time and come back and get cracking. This more or less happened with most of my projects. But I am considering if I should release the first three maps of the episode. They work nicely together as a sort of a prelude to the things that are about to come in the following maps.

Old Post 11-06-13 11:59 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Since I got my Wacom Cintiq I've started to really get a good workflow in Mudbox with a lot smoother process and more accuracy. So I've naturally been burning away in there doodling.

So I've been meaning to make more decorative textures for the mod because I find that part lacking. (basically there's Korax face and very little else)

Here's what I've been making since I got the Cintiq yesterday.

http://www.doglike.org/temp/skull.png
http://www.doglike.org/temp/skull2.png
http://www.doglike.org/temp/skull3.png (Spent about 30 minutes on this But I am really liking where it is going)

Old Post 12-29-13 03:09 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote