Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathevokatioN

Last Doom Wad you played

I'm currently playing Plutonia 2. Made it to MAP 11 so far, and I think it's pretty good. A nice sequel for expert players. Wouldn't ever play it (or any other game for that matter) on difficulty less than UV.

I haven't had much time to get farther because I've found Doom Builder and it makes me feel like a kid in a candy store :p. Makes me wish I wasn't such a novice editor.

I've completed my first level for the most part, and I'm currently working on an Even Simpler (Doom 64) type level.

Just finished The Rebirth after playing it for a week or so... brilliant stuff! Great layouts, and also great monster / item placement, and most importantly, great gameplay!

For the first time I tried playing without saving, and it really helps make the DooM experience more awesome. Knowing that you can get killed easily at any corner and have to start right at the beginning makes you become fully aware of your environment and gives it a more competitive feel. Level 28 and level 29 kicked my ass a lot, but managed to pull through... heh.

Recommended!

http://doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12102

Rebirth is certainly on my 'to do' list. I need a break from megawads for a little bit, though.

Just finished PL2. Really strong layouts with some great gameplay, but some of it just felt frustrating at times. I have the same problem with Map11 that I did with AV20 - great atmosphere, crazy layout, but it just felt tedious after a while.

Still, most of Gusta's maps were pure kick-ass and Map29 is all kinds of epic. Good stuff.

Knee deep in the Undead on Nightmare mode.

Played some Whispers of Satan... on level 9 and I can say that I'm not enjoying this very much. Waaaaaay too much copy pasting. Does the copy pasting ever end? If it does end I'd be willing to play on.

It will.Wait till map16.After that map,the maps get very good overall and copy-paste gets minimal (it actually gets minimal after the level called "the school",I think it is level 9) and design gets a lot better...still didn't like some maps tho.But others were brilliant.Oh,please check level 31 (it's a secret level).It's a tribute to the game "Dark Forces" and it is one of the best maps I played.Very good music too for that one.I am playing WOS too right now.Difficulty UV with pistol start,it is fun.I am currently on map24.One area was very ugly,it almost seemed 1994 (on that level),but i took a peek at the next level and it looks great.

Play the hell levels in WoS, they are good.

Been playing Plutonia 2 lately, and I certainly do NOT like it.

Also been playing Requiem, and I`m REALLY enjoying it.

Gonna do some Plutonia playing again soon.

Yeah, WoS is getting better... as I'm getting into hell I can see everything is getting much more creative and the fights are getting better as well... I XWE'd the music off and it's funny how suddenly everything seems much more Doomy now! heh. I love DooM 2 music. :p

I'm playing Doom2Reloaded with ww-xm on GZDoom while playing death metal in the background using windows media player. Autoshotgunning hordes of demons in semi-realistic cities like this has never been more fun!

EDIT: This is the Death Metal music I was talking about.

EDIT: Finished that great experience... Now playing DVII with custom music along with my custom-made relatively realistic weapons and monster mod.

Just finished Heretic Treasure Chest. It was a blast!...but for some reason something went wrong in the final battle on E3M8, and I found myself stuck in the arena after defeating D'spiral. Not quite the reward I expected, but the rest of the wad was worth it.

Oh, I also played derelict.wad again. It is a fairly short map, and one of the first pwads I ever played. It still holds up for me to this day.

It's taken me a couple days now but I'm actually at level 12 playing Speed Of Doom, with fast monsters on. I use the music from level 14 for just about every level though! ^_^.

Agent-H said:

I'm playing Doom2Reloaded with ww-xm on GZDoom while playing death metal in the background using windows media player. Autoshotgunning hordes of demons in semi-realistic cities like this has never been more fun!

I wasn't aware people still played with ww-xm. Cool to know...

Last thing I did was stress-testing StyleMod on Speed of Doom. Fun stuff; I'm glad I didn't decide to put reloading in that mod because that probably would have made the insane slaughterfest maps too hard.

Last time, I tried to play KDiZD 1.1 and KDiZDMUS. You know what was weird? The first door in Z1M1 wouldn't open!

printz said:

Last time, I tried to play KDiZD 1.1 and KDiZDMUS. You know what was weird? The first door in Z1M1 wouldn't open!

Heh, good start, bet that filled you with confidence :)

Ever since I first played Alien Vendetta, around 2001 IIRC, I don't think I've ever had eyes for anything else. I have played hundreds of wads since but AV is the one I always think of. While Mishri Halek is not my favourite map to play (too long, too complicated), it is a sensational piece of map making, IMO the single most impressive map ever made. For me, AV contains the highest percentage of superior quality maps (in terms of looks, tension and atmosphere) of anything I've ever played.

printz said:

Well...it works for me.I play on GZDoom.There are several causes why it might not open:
1)You might have missed a door.There is a door that you have to open and in that area there's a switch that opens one of the first doors;
2)You might not be using the DOOM iwad;
3)You might be using an old version of (G)ZDoom.
You could PM someone involved in the project (like Esselfortium or Tormentorr667) or someone involved in the making of (G)ZDoom (Randy Heit for zdoom,Graf Zahl for GZDoom) and ask them for further help.

WildWeasel said:

I wasn't aware people still played with ww-xm. Cool to know...

What's even better is that it completely works with Zdoom 2.4.1! It's not very often that a new version of software does the opposite of breaking older mods. Randy really knew what the hell he was doing when coding 2.4.1!

But I digress, I'm still playing DVII. I replaced the music to the Stargate level with the SS Anubis theme from Jet Force Gemini. That multiplies the level's awesome factor by over a certain number.

killer2 said:

Well...it works for me.I play on GZDoom.There are several causes why it might not open:
1)You might have missed a door.There is a door that you have to open and in that area there's a switch that opens one of the first doors;
2)You might not be using the DOOM iwad;

I also play on GZDoom.

It's that door you're referring to that did not open.

It is made for Doom and that's how I tried it.

I don't have the interest to try it again.

As you wish,even though it's a very good mod.Was one of the first PWAD's i played (I started late,in 2007).

Ultimate Simplicity (Again!!!)
UAC Ultra. (Again!)
Insanities Edge (Again!)
Back to Basics(Again!)
Hellground (Again!)

Man I need some new wads.

Heretic is basically Doom in medieval times, so I guess the Curse of D'Sparil would count.

Holy crap Heretic slaughtermaps it's never been this hard and insane before holy crap holy crap holy carp

2002 A DOOM ODYSSEY

just played through EP1.
It just made me realize how bad I am at finding secrets (only found 5 total).

Baby Bonnie Hood said:

Heretic is basically Doom in medieval times, so I guess the Curse of D'Sparil would count.

Except with completely different gameplay, IMO.

Curse of D'Sparil is awesome though. Kristus deserves virgins to get sacrificed in his name for that one.

Malinku said:

2002 A DOOM ODYSSEY

just played through EP1.
It just made me realize how bad I am at finding secrets (only found 5 total).

Nice one, but I got bored in episode 4.

One Kill The Next Generation
1killtng.wad

40oz said:

One Kill The Next Generation
1killtng.wad

This is a lot of fun - can't believe I missed it. Many thanks for highlighting it!

Malinku said:

2002 A DOOM ODYSSEY

Same here except I was just playing through ep2 on UV just recently.