Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Unholy Realms (28 Maps Done)
Pages (4): « 1 2 3 [4]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:52. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

Ok. I'm back. Recovered from my April Fool's setbacks.

Now where were we.... Aaaah yes. Remotely formatting Snake's HD.

Old Post 04-03-12 20:33 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Snakes

26 maps are now finished up. I present you with a celebratory screenshot.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r246/exitmrhat/Screenshot_Doom_20120608_191608.png

Once again, my self-imposed deadline will probably fail (though I am banging out Maps27 and 28 right now), but this should be out by the end of October... I hope :(

Also, I'd like a couple of playtesters to sign up!!!! Probably just 2 or 3 more who'd be willing to provide me with some constructive feedback. PM me or post here if interested.

Last edited by Snakes on 06-18-12 at 18:29

Old Post 06-18-12 17:45 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Respect for people who are able to make a megawad on their own. Nice screen Snakes.

Old Post 06-18-12 22:18 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
darkreaver

glrrbglgblgrbbgl, ultra awesome! Not going to give you any feedback though, `cause I`m gonna wait with playing it until its finished ;)

UR is the project I`m looking forward to the most together with TNT2

Old Post 06-18-12 22:21 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Snakes

Thank you guys :)

darkreaver, I think RoD is one of the projects I'm looking forward to the most, so I guess we can call it even there!

Old Post 06-19-12 02:29 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Joshy

I'm happy to be a playtester. :)

Old Post 06-19-12 03:56 #
Joshy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

Killer news, btw sorry for being a bad playtester, fate slapped me with a Thief trilogy to play through. :P

Old Post 06-19-12 21:24 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Snakes

DeathevokatioN said:
Killer news, btw sorry for being a bad playtester, fate slapped me with a Thief trilogy to play through. :P

You are forgiven for this transgression, but only this once!

I would like at least one more playtester. Preferably one who might be willing to run through the wad on Skill 3/Skill 2, as I'm uncertain of the balance and difficulty on those levels.

Old Post 06-19-12 21:48 #
Seeker_of_Truth

I'll give it a playthrough. Just let me know what you're looking for besides the balance.

Old Post 06-19-12 22:06 #
Seeker_of_Truth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Snakes

Sounds good! I'll PM you the info later on. I also received another offer to playtest, so I'm going to close that door to anyone else for now!

Old Post 06-19-12 22:12 #
NaturalTvventy
Forum Regular

Forgive me if this has been pointed out already, but it is possible to get stuck on map01 right here:

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/...0619_214119.png

Old Post 06-20-12 05:44 #
NaturalTvventy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mechadon

I love that shot Snakes! It gives of a great gothic hell vibe that I dig.

By the way, sign me up for testing if you need another hand :D

Old Post 06-20-12 05:47 #
Mechadon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Snakes

NaturalTvventy said:
Forgive me if this has been pointed out already, but it is possible to get stuck on map01 right here:

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/...0619_214119.png

Eek! Good catch. Don't think anyone mentioned this yet. One of those small, easy-to-miss moments.

Mechadon said:
I love that shot Snakes! It gives of a great gothic hell vibe that I dig.

By the way, sign me up for testing if you need another hand :D

I suppose I could make room for one more :)

Old Post 06-20-12 05:52 #
Unholypimpin

So I downloaded the 12 map beta and so far I like what I see. Theres alot of interesting traps and a good slowly progressive difficulty increase per map. I love the good use of traps to bump up the difficulty rather than pitting me vs clusterfuck of hard monsters.

I think you have done an outstanding job with these maps.

I can tell this is going to be a great megawad when finished =D

Theres only 1 thing that kind of bugs me and thats there seems to be alot of maps where at the beginning theres already demons attacking you.

Old Post 06-21-12 05:46 #
Unholypimpin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Snakes

That's definitely one of my weird habits. I like starting under pressure and ultimately, I wind up mapping towards my playing style. The second episode is pretty much constant trouble because of that (they're all outdoors, so basically it's chaos from the word "Go").

I'm trying to mix the "silent" start back into the third episode. I'll just say for now that in terms of gameplay variety, the first episode tops the second, but the second is the more consistent of the two. Hopefully that means the hellish levels give the wad a strong finish, supposing I can achieve both balance and consistency.

So far so good!

Old Post 06-21-12 06:03 #
Sokoro

So it is almost a year since last update. Does the map 27 take so long to finish? It must be gorgeous, or this megawad is mordead :-S

Old Post 05-22-13 10:33 #
Sokoro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

Yeah it's still being worked on, Snakes finished a map just the other day... we just need to to kidnap his bitch ass and lock him in a basement with Doom Builder and just enough rations to last for 2 weeks.

Old Post 05-22-13 12:57 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kmxexii

DeathevokatioN said:
Yeah it's still being worked on, Snakes finished a map just the other day... we just need to to kidnap his bitch ass and lock him in a basement with Doom Builder and just enough rations to last for 2 weeks.

I'm in

Old Post 05-22-13 13:30 #
kmxexii is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Joshy

kmxexii said:

I'm in

1+... oh wait, I don't live in America. I guess I can try and do some psychological manipulation and torture via facebook though.

Old Post 05-22-13 13:55 #
Joshy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

I had forgotten all about this wad since I tried the 12 map demo, glad to see it's getting much closer to being completed.

Last edited by Avoozl on 05-23-13 at 15:41

Old Post 05-22-13 14:04 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Snakes

Alive and (slowly) progressing towards the finish line. There's 2 1/2 maps yet to be completed, Primeval is trying to get gfx/music work done for me simultaneously. At the rate I'm currently mapping, my best guess is sometime in October.

Old Post 05-22-13 16:31 #