Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Did you make more than one sector have effect 9 for the secret? You only should have one sector with effect 9, even if the secret itself is multiple sectors.

Playing now

I'm not sure what exactly I did, but the secrets that I do want to show as secrets work just fine... I probably accidentally make a secret sector in my experimenting. Ah well, it's not much to really get in the way, at least.

I hope you're enjoying the game! :)

Other then the overuse of Skulltag monsters and constantly changing/awkward themes, I thought the map was a pretty good start.

Can't wait to see more.

I haven't gotten very far because it's actually quite hard on UV. I do think the custom monsters are overused...not just in ratio to classic monsters, but in their own numbers. I guess I just find the super-shotgunners annoying because they can easily take you out in one hit.

Also, it appears you showed us some of the best parts of the map because what I have played so far had a lot of bland areas like long hallways with nothing in it. Being your first map, however, this is what I expected from the beginning, but you showed screenies that made it look like the whole level was more detailed! But like I said, I haven't played through the whole thing yet. The dark areas were a bit too dark, although I liked how eventually you find the light amp

Anyway, this is a great start regardless - you have basic functionality, haven't seen any bugs yet, and there are some good traps and stuff. I'll get back when I play more

Thanks for playing and responding. I'm obviously prepared for more negative than positive reviews as I am only a beginner :p. As for the abundance of custom monsters, I know I got a little out of hand. It's just that I had ZDoom for such a long time, and I didn't realize that I had 30+ custom wads that came along with it. I hadn't know how to play them until just recently, then Doom builder fell on my lap, and yeah... I went a little crazy.

Also with detail, I did show the few nicer parts, and I had a feeling that I was being sort of misleading... But then again I feel I should show my better stuff, as I hope it will be what I can do standard when I'm more experienced.

I'll definitely look into making sure that my second level is not only more nicely detailed, but a better mixture of monsters.

Also I felt that I was being rather repetitive with the tele-traps. Is it okay to have it the way I did or is it just too boring?

No, I think the teleport traps were good.

I'm at the second-to-last battle now - it's brutal! However I feel like it is taking too long without a BFG. This wad might be more playable with custom weapons as well, to balance out the somewhat over-powered enemies. Even the railgun would be nice

I wouldn't even know how to add a custom weapon. :x

For anyone who played, what is your take on my secret placement & reward? Minus the 2 extra secrets I accidentally added, lol.

I was looking through my map a little and I realized I accidentally didn't save when I edited in a BFG. There was supposed to be on behind the metal walls you open with the first switch in the big green room.

The very ending would be more work than fun without a BFG.