Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

An ok test level. You did a decent job of making a layout and ammo/health balance, or at least well enough for such a short level as this. I got the shotgun secret but didn't bother looking for the second one. I also went through the door leading to the exit instead of the 2 dead ends on my first run - nonlinearity is good, but next time mark the exit switch with a sign or something ;) You also had a lot of STARTAN in there, consider adding some texture variety in, maybe a few supports, change up the rooms' walls, etc.

Overall, it's good you didn't put this into the /newstuff and posted it in wads/mods for feedback, now make some more maps ;) and to add midis to a doom map, open the map in an editor like XWE or Slumped, then chose import/load data/resource (in XWE, if you're in the music tab it will automatically chose midi -not sure how SLumped handles this) or create a new entry and chose 'replace data', and input your midi. Then you go to this page and rename the entry to the one that matches the map number; say you want to replace MAP01? Rename your entry to D_RUNNIN.

That should about cover it ...

Thanks for the feedback! The other secret is actually in the room with the Cacademon if you're interested, it's just a chaingun. There was a little too much STARTAN wasn't there lol. My main goal with this map was just to make a working level really, nothing too fancy, I plan to add more detail and variety as I make more of course. This took about three hours, and a lot of that was making sure everything worked and that the level was balanced. And thanks for the info on changing the music aswell!

The level was actually kind of fun! Niether of the secrets were too obvious (I found both though, but they were good spots I guess) and thier was good balance of ammo and health and monsters.

I think I might have made the shotgun secret a little too obvious actually lol. I did try and make it pretty balanced, and I think I did a decent job at that. Thanks everyone for the feedback so far! I'm already planning a new level that'll be much bigger and have much more variety.