Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Just a waste of time to read this!
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:58. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tormentor667

http://i33.tinypic.com/rj30h0.jpg

Last edited by Tormentor667 on 08-14-10 at 16:00

Old Post 08-12-10 11:42 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Ooooh yeah. And yikes, now you'll have more time to focus on HPack and order us all to keep moving.

Is [Stronghold] single-player compatible?

Old Post 08-12-10 13:06 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

Compatible? Yes. Easy? Balls no. :P

Old Post 08-12-10 13:33 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
40oz
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

http://www.doomworld.com/images/newstuff/371/facepalm01.png

Old Post 08-12-10 15:42 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Per-Scan

Torm, did you make the picture for the Stronghold countdown? If you did, would you mind putting up a version without the numbers? I'd love it as a desktop wallpaper! :)

Old Post 08-12-10 16:43 #
Per-Scan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
General Rainbow Bacon
may have been DoomHero85 at some point

Yeah, that is a sweet picture! And I've been waiting for this for years. I can't wait to play it. Hey, PFL. Check WIP a little while back.

Old Post 08-12-10 16:55 #
General Rainbow Bacon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

How come the "!" character doesn't match the thickness or placement of the other letters? :-\

Old Post 08-12-10 16:59 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
chopkinsca
Nothing

Not needed.

Old Post 08-12-10 17:11 #
chopkinsca is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tormentor667

esselfortium said:
How come the "!" character doesn't match the thickness or placement of the other letters? :-\

That's the problem when working in a haste and not double checking if the font has all signs in.. -_- ..fortunately not that important ;)

Old Post 08-12-10 20:58 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Per-Scan

DoomHero85 said:
...Hey, PFL. Check WIP a little while back.

Call me rubbish but I can't find it! :(

It's killing me that it's to be released on Sunday as I go away to the Highlands of Scotland on that very day for 3 weeks with no access to the interwebs!! Years of waiting and I'll have to wait another 3 weeks longer than everybody else!!

Old Post 08-13-10 00:08 #
Per-Scan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Craigs
The only idiot here besides Csonicgo

Tormentor667 said:

That's the problem when working in a haste and not double checking if the font has all signs in.. -_- ..fortunately not that important ;)

Seems important enough for you to post that same image every single day though.

Last edited by Craigs on 08-13-10 at 02:02

Old Post 08-13-10 01:56 #
Craigs is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fisk

Can't wait to play that Tormentor techbase map 50 more times.

I'll download it and give it a try as soon as possible. I can't say I haven't been waiting for this, however, I must say I... Well, I disagree pretty strongly with what I've seen in past screenshots. I can easily fathom that I may be wrong, and I am still holding on to that little bit of hope that this will be amazing.

I would be lying to say that my first expectation is to be immediately floored, though.

Old Post 08-13-10 02:03 #
Fisk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
40oz

How come youre making giant wallpaper sized pics to countdown the days before you release your stuff instead of making sure your project doesn't have similar errors to what essel described in your pic?

Last edited by 40oz on 08-13-10 at 04:40

Old Post 08-13-10 02:41 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
General Rainbow Bacon
may have been DoomHero85 at some point

@PFL: Look halfway down page 3

Old Post 08-13-10 03:38 #
General Rainbow Bacon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dittohead

PFL said:
Torm, did you make the picture for the Stronghold countdown? If you did, would you mind putting up a version without the numbers? I'd love it as a desktop wallpaper! :)

Yeah, I gotta admit that would look pretty good as a wallpaper sans the advertising.

Old Post 08-13-10 05:17 #
Dittohead is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tormentor667

@CraigS - I unfortunately prepared these already 4 days ago all together :)

http://i33.tinypic.com/2r798w9.jpg

Old Post 08-13-10 07:50 #
John Smith
not hobbs

40oz said:
How come youre making giant wallpaper sized pics to countdown the days before you release your stuff instead of making sure your project doesn't have similar errors to what essel described in your pic?

So much fucking this.

Old Post 08-13-10 08:26 #
John Smith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

40oz said:
Do you really think the project didn't undergo any playtesting, considering it took so long to finish it?

Old Post 08-13-10 08:52 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tormentor667

40oz said:
... instead of making sure your project doesn't have similar errors to what essel described in your pic?

What do you think have we done the past weeks and months?

Old Post 08-13-10 11:26 #
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Jimmy91 said:
Compatible? Yes. Easy? Balls no. :P
No horde of roaches or soul harvesters is gonna scare ME off. The marine can handle thousands of monsters with his rocket launcher ;)

I'm going over to zDoom to see what's this all about. I've become interested now that I've got a confirmation it supports single-player. Name reminds me of that Warcraft 2/3 orc central building.

Old Post 08-13-10 11:42 #
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

Tormentor667 said:

It's more than that. I joined the team on June 20th, 2008. We've pretty much been quality testing since then.

Last edited by Jimmy on 08-13-10 at 13:41

Old Post 08-13-10 13:09 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jodwin
Forum Staple

The only reason this might be noteworthy gameplay-wise is that it's not normal Doom, so I'll hold until I've tried it before I'll say that Tormentor fell flat...again. :P

Old Post 08-13-10 16:41 #
Jodwin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
40oz

Tormentor667 said:

Inducing unnecessary hype.

Not that I think Stronghold is going to suck, but if you think people have been desperately F5ing your website and counting down every individual day until this thing gets released then you are completely full of yourself. You're not the only one who contributes to the doom community. I've been releasing maps at a regular rate that have been getting pretty good ratings and reviews, however i do it purely for fun, not for fame. I like when a lot of people play my projects but I don't need to brainwash them into think it has to be good because they took me longer to make.

Last edited by 40oz on 08-13-10 at 17:07

Old Post 08-13-10 16:43 #
Fisk

40oz said:

This right fucking here.

I mean honestly, this was started in what, 2004? I understand alot of work must go into something like this, but 6 years borders sarcasm. You really want to know what I think you've been doing in the past weeks and months? I think you've been dicking around, playing fucking space cowboys with the other team members in this monster of a project for at least 50% of this project's development time.

Old Post 08-13-10 16:55 #
Fisk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Graf Zahl

Fisk said:

...for at least 50% of this project's development time.

Reality check, Buster:

People have lives. They cannot devote all their time to making Doom projects so this accusation borders on insult.

Old Post 08-13-10 16:59 #
Graf Zahl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
40oz

I have a life too, that's why I've learned to make my maps fast so my mapping doesn't interfere! Almost all of my short single player maps took me less than 7 hours each.

Old Post 08-13-10 17:08 #
Graf Zahl

So? You make small maps and others need more time due to the complexity of the stuff they make. Hardly comparable.

Old Post 08-13-10 17:13 #
Graf Zahl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fisk

Graf Zahl said:
Reality check, Buster:

People have lives. They cannot devote all their time to making Doom projects so this accusation borders on insult.

Reality check, Graf:

It's taken the man 6 years to produce a collection of maps that are arguably on par with some of the "okay" maps hitting the Doom scene around 2001. And instead of working on polishing his maps and making them the best fucking maps he can possibly release, he is spending that time posting stupid huge images designed to hype up his project.

Old Post 08-13-10 17:16 #
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

40oz said:

Not that I think Stronghold is going to suck, but if you think people have been desperately F5ing your website and counting down every individual day until this thing gets released then you are completely full of yourself. You're not the only one who contributes to the doom community. I've been releasing maps at a regular rate that have been getting pretty good ratings and reviews, however i do it purely for fun, not for fame.

Do you have evidence of only doing hype? You seem too much an anti-ZDoom zealot at the moment too IMO. People get excited of their own works, it's normal they want to share, and it often appears as thinly veiled self-promotion. Personally I think that the project went on for too long (special Cacoward anyone?) so a loud release announcement was really something curious people wanted to finally see.

As said, people have personal lives. More relevantly, mapping inspiration is not always available. So mapping stagnates.

Old Post 08-13-10 17:22 #
bgraybr

Fisk said:

Reality check, Graf:

It's taken the man 6 years to produce a collection of maps that are arguably on par with some of the "okay" maps hitting the Doom scene around 2001. And instead of working on polishing his maps and making them the best fucking maps he can possibly release, he is spending that time posting stupid huge images designed to hype up his project.

How much time do you think he actually spent making the images versus the amount of time he spent working on the project? If he wants to post giant images every day before the projects release, its unbelievably arrogant, but I don't think it will effect the quality of the finished project.

Old Post 08-13-10 17:26 #
bgraybr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote