Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Best Musics of Doom WADs

Best Music ,hmm .... Icarus, Eternal Doom, Requiem and Memento Mori II all had very good soundtracks.

pcorf said:

Best Music ,hmm .... Icarus, Eternal Doom, Requiem and Memento Mori II all had very good soundtracks.

Well, I think it too :) but sadly, views of the videos was small, so I didn't see any reasons to continue that. Sadly...

Many people don't cares these style of musics

Oh, and also your WADs Musics are good :) my most memorable moment was Hex of Depression soundtrack from Claustrophobia 1024

Making worthlessly long titles and unrelated or none tags can make these videos almost impossible to find using the search button.

Katamori said:

Many people don't cares these style of musics

Something like that. Just imagine a part of a personal survey:
Favourite Music Style - "Game Soundtracks" LOL!

Awesome idea. These moozaks need to be documented, cuz it's not like the average joe can dig through the mountain of WADs out there blindly to extract all the best tunes (well, they CAN, I just mean its tedious). Are you gonna keep updating this?

valkiriforce said:

Really loved the Icarus soundtrack, Requiem comes pretty close, too.

requiem has some memorable tracks, the first that comes to my mind is that of iikka keränen's map 08, sounds like that map is a fairy tale... made me play that map over and over.

my favorite is actually from ROTT though, namely hell revealed's hrmus.wad. dark, oppressive, punching, it fits the wad´s mood. sorry i forgot the name of who here wrote the "strength in numbers" midi (jamie iirc), it captures the feel of hrmus perfectly.

Joshy said:

Well, it certainly suited the secret level in SoD. Aren't people meant to feel happy they're playing the secret level? :P

Yeah, more so I think secret level music should be mystical. You know, stumble behind a rock and oh wow look at this place.

I disagree with those who say you can't enjoy Doom music on its own. Not only does it sound good, it reminds you of the good times you had playing the level.

Katamori said:

I uploaded musics from ... Invasion UAC,

Heh, so it was your video I left the comment about White Reflection.

If you continue this I'd be careful with that wad. I don't think there's an original piece of music in there. Funny thing, I only like Green Day's "Brain Stew" because I heard the midi in there first :P

edit: oh and as for my favorite, I'd probably have to say "The Love Trap", the MOD tune in MAP06 of Cybercrime 3.0

DuckReconMajor said:

Heh, so it was your video I left the comment about White Reflection.

If you continue this I'd be careful with that wad. I don't think there's an original piece of music in there. Funny thing, I only like Green Day's "Brain Stew" because I heard the midi in there first :P

edit: oh and as for my favorite, I'd probably have to say "The Love Trap", the MOD tune in MAP06 of Cybercrime 3.0

Yes, I know that and other examples (DBZone MAP08: Megaman X Stormhawk Stage or I don't know the level :D)

I'll try to be careful

I really love the music that plays during Community Chest 3 map 29 "For we are many", which is also used as the music for Hell Revealed's map "The Prison", I believe... It fits the map "For We Are Many" so very well, and it really enhances the map into a haunting masterpiece. It gives you the feeling of being alone against the entire forces of hell. Without this excellent track, this map wouldn't be complete, IMHO. "For We Are Many" is truly one of my favourite maps ever, and the music plays a good part in that as well.

Anybody know where it comes from? If it's a track from some other game, fan-made, etc? Because I'm curious if it's possible to find a non-midi version of it.

The audio versions of Doom's soundtrack is very good as well. And I also always thought Hell Revealed II had a good soundtrack. The Map 32 "Playground" tune is perfect for one of the most fun slaughter maps ever.

Keeper of Jericho said:

I really love the music that plays during Community Chest 3 map 29 "For we are many", which is also used as the music for Hell Revealed's map "The Prison", I believe... It fits the map "For We Are Many" so very well, and it really enhances the map into a haunting masterpiece. It gives you the feeling of being alone against the entire forces of hell. Without this excellent track, this map wouldn't be complete, IMHO. "For We Are Many" is truly one of my favourite maps ever, and the music plays a good part in that as well.

Anybody know where it comes from? If it's a track from some other game, fan-made, etc? Because I'm curious if it's possible to find a non-midi version of it.

That would be from Rise of the Triad (ROTT_012 is the midi track).

Keeper of Jericho said:

[...]which is also used as the music for Hell Revealed's map "The Prison", I believe...

It's called "Mist Ache" and is a soundtrack of Rise of the Triad.

Recently I've played 1Monster.wad. The music of "Baron Citadel" is just awesome. Who was the composer?

TrueDude said:

The music from Temple of Chaos 2: Warped Reality is great.

By the way, what's that from?

Temple of Chaos 2: Warped Reality's soundtrack are continual after 1-2 minutes, so I can't record that. But I made videos about the gameplay.

"what's that from?"

Best Musics of Doom WADs was my video series, check my 1st post in the topic

Katamori said:

"what's that from?"

Best Musics of Doom WADs was my video series, check my 1st post in the topic

No, I meant what's that music track from.

TrueDude said:

No, I meant what's that music track from.

Oh, sorry. I relly don't know, I already asked AgentSpork (maker of Temple of Chaos 2) on the forum, but he didn't answer.

AgentSpork, if youcan read that, answer pls!