Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomero-21

Mortal Kombat && ULTIMATE MK 3

looking awesome! im still ready to see the doomguy as playable character, haha

Clonehunter said:

So this is Mortal Kombat, but on the Doom Engine? Whats the um... Advantage (or whatever)?

I can't speak for doomero-21 but i'm pretty sure that the advantage for him is that its fun to do. I mean, why does anyone have a hobby? I'd be willing to bet that he is doing this much more for himself than for anyone else.

Clonehunter said:

So this is Mortal Kombat, but on the Doom Engine? Whats the um... Advantage (or whatever)?

the original have only 1 fatality, this tc have 2, scenaries are in 3d, new special move, for example the incineration of scorpion like mk4, 1 new secret character (begins with "E"), reptile is not secret, form part of the battle map and have his own movements.

thinks some ppl are just jealous that they aint got enough know how to make this type of project. i think its fuckin awesome! but then again your always gonna have shitheads come along and whine and moan about meh meh meh whats the point meh meh. fuck dude i mean really the man recreated MORTAL KOMBAT in DOOM! and the environments are 3d unlike the original one, and its got other content and fatalities just like the above post ^^^
hell instead of bein such a negative critic why dont we try to SUPPORT projects like these cuz its pretty damn impressive! and at least he almost finished it! the project is practically done! and around here thats one hell of an accomplishment considering 90% of projects go unfinished.

damn... you got this engine running smoother than ever, its so accurate and its hard to even distinguish this from the actual mk3.
very good job with this project!

This is a really fun project. I really love that you play as a doom marine who is playing on a mortal kombat arcade console.

Are you fixing the numerous infinites/glitches present in UMK3? If not, I see some serious balance issues on the horizon.

well are 2 diferents engines, but for exmaple on umk3 exist some ininites combos with some characters, that is not possible with my mod.

I'm just woundering, what if you make some arenas in Doom instead using MK's static images?

I would also suggest creating blood, smoke, fire and all other stuff as particles, that flies all over the arena, instead the original sprites. Even if the particles are just pieces of the original MK's sprites, this would look fantastic.

well in fact about special effects i will use the mk sprites but some stages i will use the doom resources...(including sounds)

Wouldn't Midway and Warner get really pissy seeing this?