Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > A more violent approach? aBRASION Test - GET IT!
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:26. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KRoNoS

Ladies and gentlemen of the like, it's been some time since the days of Doom 2.5...

Thusly I present screenshots of aBRASION, a work in progress and reasonably ambitious project for EDGE that's marginally manlier than thrusting at oncoming industrial appliances.

Questions and comments... You know what to do.

http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa455/kronos22/

---------------------------------------------------------------

Edit (4th November 2010):
Well, I've cleaned it enough to release it so your taste-buds can constructively criticise it. It's about 45mb and I'd recommend a clean install of edge 1.34f and a Doom2 Iwad.

ENJOY!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OOURFOOD

Old Post 09-25-10 05:28 #
KRoNoS is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
andrewj

Woah, an EDGE mod -- a rare beast nowadays :)

Old Post 09-25-10 06:22 #
andrewj is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KRoNoS

Here's a gameplay video too... Stills do little in the way of justice.
If it looks like pixelated ass, set it to 480p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL0Bsw_seCs

Andrewj... one of the men responsible for such an underappreciated and great sourceport.

Old Post 09-25-10 08:15 #
KRoNoS is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kyka
Loser

Enemies and weapons and their animations look amazing. All u need now are some maps to really put the weapons and enemies in a suitable environment.

The music just wrecked that vid, as well as preventing us hearing the sounds of the enemies and weapons.

But great stuff tho. :)

Old Post 09-25-10 08:57 #
Kyka is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KRoNoS

Ol' fraps seems to be having some trouble not recording from the mic, so the music covered the sound of key clicks and the little bouts of coughing. I couldn't think of anything fitting other than elevator music, so whatever came on at the time of it's creation went along with it. Next video, I'll do you proud.

Old Post 09-25-10 09:09 #
gemini09

Looks mighty sweet! And a lot like XIII - mixed with the Doom gameplay, I think we may have something super-terrific in store..!

Old Post 09-25-10 15:10 #
gemini09 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Craigs
The only idiot here besides Csonicgo

This looks pretty damn amazing. That borderlands style shotgun in particular looks pretty cool.

Old Post 09-25-10 18:25 #
Craigs is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

Oh snap, Last Bastion has competition. :P

Looks great, though! Keep this up, I say.

Old Post 09-25-10 18:55 #
Xaser is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zZaRDoZz

Put me down for ten of these.

Old Post 09-25-10 20:33 #
zZaRDoZz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

The soldiers greatly remind me of the ones in Half-Life, based on their uniform.

Old Post 09-26-10 20:26 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KRoNoS

The soldiers should - about 50% of the soldier's model has been unchanged from the half-life ones... it's a place holder more or less to see how interactive these guys can be made. Apart from throwing grenades, reloading and booting the player in the face - If the player hasn't been spotted and you're timing's right - they can be grabbed, and used as a meat shield - or if you can't be bothered carrying them around or don't really need the fleshy buffer - the option is there to neck break. :p

Old Post 09-27-10 09:54 #
Mr. T

Is that the old guy from Opposing Force?

anyway looks good! I liked the MGS-style alert (!)

Old Post 09-27-10 10:44 #
Mr. T is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KRoNoS

No no opposing force base models... yet. If you dig the alert - you'll dig the silent takedowns, well - when they fail anywhoo...

Old Post 09-27-10 12:27 #
Lizardcommando
I'm a good person because I like dogs

Wow! This is pretty badass! I love the cel-shaded art-style for the weapons. This mod makes me want to re-download EDGE. I hope you get around to changing the textures and the various background objects and whatnot.

Old Post 09-27-10 18:40 #
Lizardcommando is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zZaRDoZz

Which version of EDGE will this use?

Old Post 09-27-10 21:37 #
zZaRDoZz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KRoNoS

1.34f is the version I'm using - straight from the the sourceforge site.

Thanks Lizard - Did you not do a similar sort of mod? I can't wait to get around to the level textures and whatnot either... So much work to be done.

Old Post 09-28-10 13:24 #
Vegeta
I don't "POST WAREZ, POST WAREZ!" anymore

Hey, welcome back Kronos. I still have all the DOOM 2.5 resources (including the unused). Let me know if you want me to send you a download link.

I like the pictures you're showing.

Old Post 09-28-10 14:59 #
Vegeta is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dittohead

This looks very promising. I'll be following this for sure.

Old Post 09-28-10 15:33 #
Dittohead is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lizardcommando

KRoNoS said:
1.34f is the version I'm using - straight from the the sourceforge site.

Thanks Lizard - Did you not do a similar sort of mod? I can't wait to get around to the level textures and whatnot either... So much work to be done.

Yeah, I'm making a cartoony mod for Zdoom. I made one for EDGE a long time ago, but it is god-awful and shitty compared to the one I'm making now.

Old Post 09-28-10 16:56 #
Lizardcommando is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KRoNoS

Ooooh... I don't know Vegeta, sprites are awesome - but atm I'm rocking a rather pointy vertice for models.

Lizard - Your mod is looking good - Diggin' the intro.

New video up - with WORKING SOUND! Oh, calloo callay! So you can hear sound fx and whatnot without the brutally metal affluence of Macabre gnashing the sensitive matter betwixt your ears...

Just a minorish sort of update so you can see what's been crackin'

Ak47 - It's been changed - I didn't like the old one, seemed fitting until a few models were overhauled an just wouldn't do.

G3KA3 - Also overhauled, although I don't think the old one made it into the screenshots or previous video.

Soldier with Curt Stache - Gave him more polygons and redid his face to something a little more detailed - when he reloads although you'll rarely see it the clip comes out, gets pocketed and replaced with a fresh one.

Crackin' - When you see it you'll know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwwwilIlS9U

If the video looks like ass - once again 480p

Comments, questions as always - you know what to do.

:p

Last edited by KRoNoS on 09-28-10 at 21:40

Old Post 09-28-10 21:34 #
Lizardcommando

That was pretty awesome. I don't really like the "HEADSHOT!" sound that plays though. It's a bit distracting.

Old Post 09-28-10 22:05 #
Hdcable
Warming Up

Great mod very good :D

Old Post 09-28-10 22:32 #
Hdcable is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KRoNoS

I know, It's a placeholder from when headshots were first implemented. :p

Old Post 09-28-10 22:36 #
SO19
Warming Up

I'm so gagging to play this one. Kronos, when are you planning on releasing???

Old Post 10-24-10 11:41 #
SO19 is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KRoNoS

Still have quite a few things to tweak, refine, replace and even scrap. Not much point in releasing a level that has 2 rooms, but only one with furnishings and props.

I'll be releasing a test of some descript in the next week or so just to show off little things, welcome feedback, sport ideas etc. etc. I'd say give it roughly another week and I'll release a little taste of aBRASION.

Old Post 10-24-10 16:19 #
Moominaba
Warming Up

KRoNoS said:
Still have quite a few things to tweak, refine, replace and even scrap. Not much point in releasing a level that has 2 rooms, but only one with furnishings and props.

I'll be releasing a test of some descript in the next week or so just to show off little things, welcome feedback, sport ideas etc. etc. I'd say give it roughly another week and I'll release a little taste of aBRASION.

I can't wait, it looks like a lot of fun.

Old Post 10-24-10 20:30 #
Moominaba is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
alterworldruler

This definitely looks amazing, I hope you finish it and I HOPE some decent mapper makes use of the weapon mod to create a mapset with it (Of course a decent mapset). Good luck

Old Post 10-25-10 06:37 #
alterworldruler is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Per-Scan

It does look really pretty. A nice cartoon texture pack would be the perfect compliment. Is there such a thing? :)

Old Post 10-25-10 10:15 #
Per-Scan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sierraoscar19
Warming Up

Sweet. I love the mechanic of being able to use enemies as human shields. Really great idea, and by the look of it, some pretty clever DDF work too.

Old Post 10-27-10 12:31 #
sierraoscar19 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiuHaka

I love it! The models are great. I love those smooth textures. My one complaint is that strange face down coffin pose the guys make when they are dead. Other than that I love it.

Old Post 10-27-10 17:54 #
NiuHaka is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote