Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Unloved II [BETA1 released]
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 5 [6]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:24. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Unholypimpin

I loved the first unloved, so take your time on the sequal so its just as epic =D

Old Post 04-24-12 06:12 #
Unholypimpin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

What about this thing now? Could you finish it?

CYBERCRAFT: A cyberpunk RPG for LÍVE

Old Post 11-23-12 18:01 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Touchdown

Last time I heard (from the authors YT vids) Unloved II is on hold.

Old Post 11-23-12 19:00 #
Touchdown is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Paul D

Is he close to finishing the Panda Game yet?

I would be interested in trying that game out.

Old Post 11-23-12 20:28 #
Paul D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
grouchbag

I know that I would play it.Please hurry,I'm an elderly old lady.Thank you.

Old Post 11-23-12 23:01 #
grouchbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
VylePhinder
Banned

Please let this be released! Unloved is so good! Also, you said that if the people didn't like the first one, that this one won't pleasure them either. Are there really those among us capable of 'not' liking Unloved? :)

Last edited by VylePhinder on 12-02-12 at 06:17

Old Post 12-01-12 20:23 #
VylePhinder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Godsdoomer
Green Marine

VylePhinder,

Yes, yes there is indeed.

I have high hopes for Unloved 2, and I do think Paul will be finishing it, its just not on the top of the to-do list so to speak.

Old Post 12-01-12 20:30 #
Godsdoomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
VylePhinder
Banned

Once again, this wad is better than 90% of what's out there. The mood and the feel is, once again, creepy and amazing. I can't stress enough how glad I am that you continued the Unloved series, however, that having been said, I would like to offer my subtle criticism thus far (by thus far, I mean that I am about half way through, or a little over, if the length of the first Unloved, or the fact that I have the first 4 keys is any indication). Yes, I know I should finish the game all the way first, but I can't because I am stuck with the red skull key (shortly after you use it to raise to red skull pillars blocking a basement somewhere).

1. The level diversity doesn't seem quite as good as in the first one. Only the city level really added to the level diversity here (so far).

2. It is a little more 'switch-hunty' than before, which, to my knowledge is something no one is a fan of, but then again, I usually prefer more linear maps anyway, so take that however you want. Again, though, it's not that bad, and I don't think that 'switch-hunty' is (apart from obviously being grammatically flawed) the right expression here. I think I just get lost because a lot of the levels look alike to me.

3. I was under the impression that using music produced by bands is a bad idea, like your use of NIN's Closer in one of your tracks. The music theme from the first game was perfect, and the city level music in this one is the best I've heard so far in this game. The use of NIN here isn't like drilled over and over again or anything, but really takes from the feel of creepiness when/where it is applied.

Trust me, I am not complaining and I have enjoyed this so far. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be finishing this one (sad face), because, I just HATE being stuck, and going on a switch hunt in a 6-level hub (I'm sure that number is wrong) just makes me want to do something else instead.

If I were giving this a review, which I'm not, cause I want to wait until I beat it (or not do it at all if I never do), I would give it 5/5 for sure.

**************UPDATE & Very Slight Spoiler Alert*********************
I just remembered something that might help indicate where I am stuck (since I don't know any of the level names), just in case some good doom citizen cares to help out a fellow doomer :).

The part I am stuck at is the same area that you hear a revenant cry, then see he's not there, think "oh, like in the first game, just my imagination", then he appears behind you, and you subsequently mess your pants. Nice effect, btw :) (The Revenant, not the pants-pooping) x D

Last edited by VylePhinder on 12-02-12 at 06:12

Old Post 12-02-12 05:36 #
VylePhinder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mattfrie1

If you read the first post, BlueEagle states that it ends after the red skull key. Remember that this is only a BETA version of Unloved II...

Old Post 12-02-12 15:44 #
Mattfrie1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
VylePhinder
Banned

Oh, LOL, I suck. But is it supposed to "End" or are you just not able to go anywhere? Either way, I'm glad he released the Beta. I needed me some Unloved in my bloodstream...

Thanks for that, and sry, I thought the beta meant that it was finished but up for testing. Anyway, that makes sense.

Old Post 12-02-12 16:15 #
Agentbromsnor

I got to a staircase with a door at the top that wouldn't open. Searched all over and pressed every wall I could think of, before saying "fuck it" and noclipping through it and getting killed by a baron...

I like the design alot, it looks really nice and I hope to see more like this. If I have any critisism its what I mentioned before. Don't make me have to search every wall in the map to progress. I rather have the map be linear and tell a good story, than confusing me.

Old Post 12-02-12 19:00 #
Agentbromsnor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Godsdoomer
Green Marine

yes no????

Any 1 got updates?

Old Post 12-27-12 21:06 #
Godsdoomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
vinnie245

Think blueeagle is still working on his own game and had lost interest in this as well so dont expect it to be finished anytime soon if ever.

Old Post 12-28-12 00:06 #
vinnie245 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
PhantomTMac

It's too bad that there hasn't been any new word on this project. I was really looking forward to playing through another Unloved masterpiece.

Old Post 09-23-13 17:45 #
PhantomTMac is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
killer2

PhantomTMac said:
It's too bad that there hasn't been any new word on this project. I was really looking forward to playing through another Unloved masterpiece.

Totally necessary bump.

Old Post 09-23-13 19:20 #
killer2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ribo Zurai
Mini-Member

Stupid bumps, giving me hopes and shit.

Old Post 09-23-13 20:03 #
Ribo Zurai is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

Oh well, first screenshots I've seen on this project. Great looking stuff. One bears a heavy resemblance to a mental image of my own project.

Old Post 09-23-13 20:37 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Demon of the Well
Forum Regular

The author's website suggests that his main focus remains on marketing his commercial Panda Adventure game, although there's still a tiny statbar there that continues to list Unloved II as "on hold." So, if work on it ever does resume (seems less and less likely as time goes on, but one never knows), that'll probably be where the evidence shows up first, assuming there have been no new posts by the author in this thread (or the ZDoom equivalent that it probably has).

Suffice to say, if it happens, it'll probably be when you least expect it.

Old Post 09-23-13 20:46 #
Demon of the Well is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote