Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Do you make more WADs in the same time?

Yup your right 40oz, Doom the Way Id Did changed me a bit, i didn't love E2 and E3, i actually i was opposite, i loved E4 instead of others, but mapping for them is fun now to me.

Too bad that i dumped Hell Z megawad, i have great ideas for it but lost interest.

Creaphis said:
An "ideal" wad design process includes concept work, rough gameplay drafting, early gameplay testing and revisions, resource licensing and production, designing architecture and scenery, texturing, decorating, getting external input, late gameplay testing and revisions, compatibility testing, and etc. Each of these stages can become boring on their own so you could take a break by working on another project at some other stage of development.

I've been slowly working on a megawad and I find these different aspects themselves give me an excuse to change focus when one aspect becomes burnt out for the moment. If level design isn't progressing, I can work on some sprite modification, on the text file, on more general concepts, and so on, all of which are rather distinct. Initially, I had more than one project in mind, but eventually I found it better to narrow things down to one that caught most fundamentally what I'd like to do with the game, accurately balancing any design aspects I conceived with time, so I have various periods of inactivity as my interest and attention wanders, but little doubt about my direction.

DeathevokatioN said:

The only theme consistancy I need is with the sky. :P

So I guess you could say, the sky's the limit?

(Wah, wah, wahhhhhhhhh)

I don't see mega WADs as being cooler just because it's 32 levels. The thing I love about mega WADs is like 40oz said; I feel like I've just been on an adventure and played the newest Doom game. I also love how some games (like Eternal Doom) feel so immersive in their design. It really feels like a game that could have been found on store shelves.

Creaphis said:

Only crazy people make megawads.

No, it's only after the mega WAD is made that the person becomes crazy. I have evidence to back this up:

Dario's comment upon completing Plutonia (with no further changes needed) "Thank God because I was ready to throw my computer out the window at the time."

Yeah, the doom the way ID did project really changed the way i look at maps aswell, i've studied the stockmaps countless times now to look for what it actually is that made for example E1 so damn good.

Icytux said:

Yeah, the doom the way ID did project really changed the way i look at maps aswell, i've studied the stockmaps countless times now to look for what it actually is that made for example E1 so damn good.

If you consider the method they used to make their maps. They built all of the map at once. Making the basic layout first, then adding changing and refining it until they had what we see today.

valkiriforce said:

Dario's comment upon completing Plutonia (with no further changes needed) "Thank God because I was ready to throw my computer out the window at the time."

lol