Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TwinBeast

Doomed Déjà Vu

Hey Jimi, could you upload this again with more archviles and maybe making some of the fights even harder. I liked it a lot at the UV difficulty, but it just wasn't hard enough for me, I'm a little insane, I know :)

I think I'll just make a new map then (which hopefully doesn't take a year before I do it). I'm thinking it could feature much more arch-viles, but maybe then they're accompanied with lesser monsters, like in that E1M1 nukage hall/E1M7 pillar lower/E3M3 (secret) bridge merge area. I think that area was kinda fun with them, not overly difficult, but still some challenge from them.

Jimi said:

I think I'll just make a new map then (which hopefully doesn't take a year before I do it). I'm thinking it could feature much more arch-viles, but maybe then they're accompanied with lesser monsters, like in that E1M1 nukage hall/E1M7 pillar lower/E3M3 (secret) bridge merge area. I think that area was kinda fun with them, not overly difficult, but still some challenge from them.

Finally finished the level on UV. Just a couple ragequits and then I was actually kinda sad to see it end. Good map.

That "merge area" that you mention has to be the toughest fight of the game ... but Dis is a close second. It would be completely impossible to beat that fight without that invulnerability powerup. Usually when I'm being bombarded by hitscans over a ridiculously vast expanse, I say to myself "why don't you just cover the whole floor with nukage and get it over with?" But in this case you already did that. Thanks. :p

The E2M2 fight wasn't as bad as I thought after I found out that the window opens into a door after throwing the switch. I was just about to start over because I only had about 35% health at that point, but it's possible to get through without taking more than a few points of damage.