Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Alphawolf

Custom Weapons Import

Downloaded several weapons from this site:

http://www.realm667.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=30&Itemid=157

Some of the weapons when merged with doom2.wad work fine, they pick up, the appear when you IDFA and raise and lower.

However there are some weapons here that look awesome but do not seem to work and am wondering if any experienced doom modders here can explain what is happening with the following weapons:

BFG10K:

This weapon when imported to any Doom wad (Doom.wad or doom2.wad) does not allow the game to start, simply getting this error in GZDOOM upon initializing:

Error parsing defs. Unknown tag: PlickerLight.

This error occurs because it encounters this in the LUMP file for the weapon:

PointLight BFG10kShot
{
Color 0.0 1.0 0.0
Size 80
}

PlickerLight BFG10KSHOT_X1
{
Color 0.0 1.0 0.0
Size 80
SecondarySize 88
Chance 0.3
}

FlickerLight BFG10KSHOT_X2
{
Color 0.0 1.0 0.0
Size 104
SecondarySize 112
Chance 0.3
}

FlickerLight BFG10KSHOT_X3
{
Color 0.0 1.0 0.0
Size 120
SecondarySize 128
Chance 0.3
}

Object STBFG10kShot
{
Frame BFE1A0 { Light BFG10KSHOT }
Frame BFE1B0 { Light BFG10KSHOT }
Frame BFE1C0 { Light BFG10KSHOT_X1 }
Frame BFE1D0 { Light BFG10KSHOT_X2 }
Frame BFE1E0 { Light BFG10KSHOT_X3 }
}

What's going on? What causes this error to occur and how do I fix it? It seems strange that it is easy enough to import one weapon from this awesome website but not able to import another perfectly.

Also I have a problem with another weapon that I am wanting to fix but I'll leave it be for now as I'd really like to use this new Quake 3 based BFG.

Can anyone help?

Looks like a spelling error, see if changing it to Flickerlight solves the problem - AND - don't import custom weapons/monsters into the IWADs, doing so makes it more difficult to troubleshoot problems and raises peoples blood pressure.

When you say merge with the Doom2.wad, I hope you mean that you simply click and dragged both WADs into GZDoom.exe ...

I merged them with Doom2.wad to test them out and such. I found out here that with my question there were a few missing lines in some weapons. Such as the slot number and what not.

I am now merging the weapon files I want with my pwad. This is the right thing to do right?