Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > What are you playing now?
Pages (54): [1] 2 3 4 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:17. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Katamori
Forum Staple

Write here the WADs, which you are you played recently. Also, your progress if you want.

Last edited by Katamori on 07-02-11 at 18:28

Old Post 02-18-11 15:15 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Khorus
Strife!

I recently played most of Icarus. Most of the maps haven't aged too well, but there are some enjoyable maps in there. Currently doing a lot of testing for kristus' curse 2 and going to start a play through of Strife with choco Strife on the weekend.

Old Post 02-18-11 16:12 #
Khorus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marcaek

Played through all the IWADs, then Perdition's gate and Icarus. Did a load of 1994 wads after that.

On to Doom 64 now, with The Evil unleashed on the side, then Plutonia 2.

Old Post 02-18-11 16:50 #
Marcaek is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vader

I'm currently playing Kama Sutra when I have some time left... never finished this wad yet. I'm at map12 now!

Old Post 02-18-11 17:39 #
Vader is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
PRIMEVAL

Haven't really been playing anyway wads regularly recently. I've been on and off with Whispers of Satan, just started Requiem and Memento Mori, and playing around with IWADs with Scalliano's randomizer. For the most part, I've been either making my own top secret wad or writing music.

Old Post 02-18-11 17:42 #
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Seeker_of_Truth

I'm on map13 of Plutonia. Besides that, I've been messing around with Scalliano's randomizer in the IWADs as well. I did start Scythex again a couple weeks back, but I haven't played it much. Oh, and I'm doing a playthrough of PsychoPhobia on youtube which has taken up most of my Doom playing time.

Old Post 02-18-11 18:32 #
Seeker_of_Truth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

Random maps from the IWADs. Mostly Doom 2 and Evilution. Doom 2's maps alone are a huge source of inspiration.

Old Post 02-18-11 18:36 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Never_Again
knows his birth month

Playing classic-era DOOM1 WADs from my collection one by one, starting from the end of the alphabet, and documenting the quest with demos. Currently going through WA* WADs, last one was WANTON (misplaced in the /deathmatch subdir) - ugly but a fun challenge on Nightmare.

Old Post 02-18-11 19:55 #
Never_Again is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiuHaka

Classic Ultimate Doom & Doom 2. I still have the original CDs from back when most of my friends had the floppy disc versions.

After years of playing current gen games I've got to admit that these games have still got it where it counts. I'm still untainted by all of the fantastic wads created since.

Old Post 02-18-11 20:00 #
NiuHaka is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SAV88

I am currently occupied with my most favorite level in Memento Mori II (MAP28), and plan a major improvement over my poor old UV Max record on it (12:28). This level is not only very atmospheric and exciting to play, but it also has tons of possibilities for interesting timesaving strategies, so I don't get bored.

Old Post 02-18-11 20:09 #
SAV88 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ArmouredBlood

Kama sutra in between classes cause 3/4 of my classes have computers in them - makes paying attention hard sometimes. Though I do try to wait until everyone behind me leaves, the titlescreen is gonna be awkward to explain. Just jumping around levels, I've done most of 1-15 or so before.

Old Post 02-18-11 20:11 #
ArmouredBlood is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

I play E2M2 a lot. It seems to be my favorite doom level right now. I talk a lot about how I don't like orthogonal walls in Doom, but this map is really well designed despite it being largely orthogonal. Yesterday I beat it with 100%/100%/100% (except for the lost soul in the slime pit) without taking a single hit of damage (but I came loaded from E2M1). Twas a first.

It gave me a thought. It'd be fun to play through doom with the no limit on health/armor (version 1.2 or something like that). Could set a challenge to beat the game with more than 1000% health and 1000% armor. :D

Old Post 02-18-11 20:18 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
bytor
& the snow dog

Checkin' out this Hell Ground. Like it.

Old Post 02-18-11 20:33 #
bytor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lorenzo
I only cheat sometimes!

I've just finished "Base Ganymede 2": I like it, sober design and nice gameplay.

Old Post 02-18-11 20:34 #
Lorenzo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ducon
Régulier du Forum

Community chest. It’s never too late.

Old Post 02-18-11 20:50 #
ducon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grain of Salt
Forum Regular

Last edited by Grain of Salt on 06-01-12 at 17:42

Old Post 02-18-11 20:55 #
Grain of Salt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dragonsbrethren

Hellbent said:
It gave me a thought. It'd be fun to play through doom with the no limit on health/armor (version 1.2 or something like that). Could set a challenge to beat the game with more than 1000% health and 1000% armor. :D

Actually, your challenge would only work with armor, and I doubt you could get 1000% in any of the episodes since only bonuses will add anything to it after you get the Megaarmor. Health was always capped, just at 199% instead of 200%.

I'm kind of playing through the PSX TC and Doom64 again.

Old Post 02-18-11 21:04 #
Dragonsbrethren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

ArmouredBlood said:
the titlescreen is gonna be awkward to explain

Ahaha. Use 'warp' :)

Old Post 02-18-11 21:22 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

Vader said:
I'm currently playing Kama Sutra when I have some time left... never finished this wad yet. I'm at map12 now!

I abandoned when i was on MAP17. Hard, hard, HARD! But once, I'll try again! :Đ

Old Post 02-18-11 21:28 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grain of Salt
Forum Regular

Last edited by Grain of Salt on 06-01-12 at 17:42

Old Post 02-18-11 21:50 #
Grain of Salt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kmxexii

Played through the first two TiC episodes, really enjoyed them. Couldn't get Obituary to install and run outside of Dosbox so I moved on to Perdition's Gate and Hell to Pay. Really enjoying both so far though Hell to Pay has me pulling my hair out on occasion.

Old Post 02-18-11 22:34 #
kmxexii is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Never_Again
knows his birth month

kmxexii said:
Couldn't get Obituary to install and run
DSDA hosts a port-friendly copy that requires no installation in the same ZIP as the original distro, in fixed sub-folder. Read obticfix.txt in the same sub-folder for usage notes.

Old Post 02-19-11 21:31 #
Never_Again is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gun_psycho

Right now, I'm playing through Whispers of Satan in Hardcore and No-Infighting mode with the add-on pack. So far, I made it up to map19 (I beat all of the secret levels, but map32 was my favorite secret level in the megawad hands-down.)

Old Post 02-19-11 22:23 #
gun_psycho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kmxexii

Never_Again said:
DSDA hosts a port-friendly copy that requires no installation in the same ZIP as the original distro, in fixed sub-folder. Read obticfix.txt in the same sub-folder for usage notes.

Gracias! When I finish Hell to Pay this is definitely going in next.

Old Post 02-20-11 14:03 #
kmxexii is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
High Flyin' Ryan
Mini-Member

I've been playing Doom II on XBox 360. I've been occupied exploring the No Rest for the Living maps.

I haven't made much time for Doom lately, but once I'm done exploring the XBox version, I'll be back on the PC playing some Plutonia and TNT for old time sake.

Old Post 02-20-11 15:02 #
High Flyin' Ryan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gun_psycho

I finally got past map19 of Whispers of Satan after dying so many times yesterday in scoredoom, and now I'm in map25... boy, that map's gonna be fun.

Old Post 02-20-11 23:43 #
gun_psycho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

I'm still working through Stronghold. I've also began UAC Ultra.

Old Post 02-21-11 00:35 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
aldiboronti

Just finished Chris Hansen's Highlow 2, a Doom Episode 2 style map. Excellent architecture and play, one of the best I've played. Moving on now to the other three Highlow wads.

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=14818

Old Post 02-21-11 23:55 #
aldiboronti is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
EarthQuake
9.5 on the Richter!

Been fucking shit up with Janizdreg's Imp Atak, and getting shit fucked up by Hellbent's Helltrip.

Old Post 02-22-11 01:34 #
EarthQuake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
omegamer

I played UDoom Episode 1 and 2 at least.
3 and 4 are shit!!! (in my opinion)

Old Post 02-22-11 11:34 #
omegamer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote