@Engineer: Actualy no, but if you know good sounds that you think it would fit better than an actual one, just post it here, and let us see :)
@Mr. Chris: The Baron/Knight melee attacks are projectiles. There is a projecile actor in the KNIGHTS lump called KnightAttack. Just reduce the damage this projectile deals.
@Flynn: Thanks for repporting it.
I finished a new build. It fixes/updates lots of things.
I know there are still lots of things to do. (Please, don't repport bugs in this build that already have been repported in 0.9. I already know about them.)
- Smoother animations for all weapons.
- Removed the Beautiful Doom's overused torches. I created new ones with particles.
- Added Tracers for hitscan weapons.
- Fixed an annoying bug with Fatalities 3rd person camera.
- Minigun is completely remade. Now I'm using Minigunner's fixed Perkristian's chaingun sprites (that contains the lower parts).
- Hitscan enemies now fires tracer projectiles. This helps players to evade them on long distances with sidestrafe, and also fixes a bug that could make monsters commit suicide when firing from fences/windows in Oblige maps.
- Included the new Minigun sound. (Thanks to Engineer, for finding the sound file)
- Remade reload animation for shotgun. Also, To prevent the "One Shell Reload Bug", it only loads 1 shell at time. To compensate this, the Shotgun accuracy has been increased (horizontal spread factor reduced from 5 to 4)
- Replaced the old casings with Beautiful Doom's ones.
- Removed glows from Health items.
- Smoke effects are looking much better.
- Demons will not fall from ledges. (I always tought that Demons with such big and musculous legs were agile creatures that could jump from many heights, but it ruins the flow of some levels, like TNT Map 17.)
- Removed the KEYS lump, and left the original Doom's keys. This will prevent keys from don't respawning in online ST servers.
- Fixed a bug with Mancubus XDeath animation not showing the corpse properly.
- Fixed a bug that wasn't allowing the walls at Dead Simple work after killing all Mancubus.
- Made for request: Updated the Zdoom's Scripted Marines. Now they are much smarter, powerfull (4 Rifle Marines can easily get rid of a Baron of Hell), have shadows, gore/death animations updated, and can follow players from the start until the end of many linear levels. (D2 Map01, Map31, UD E1M1, for example). They have now the +FRIENDLY flag, so, if they are spawned in Oblige maps, they will be always your allies. Also, there is a console command "Summon Ally" that will randomly summon one of those Marines. I personaly think they work better than ZCajun bots.
- Separated big lumps (Like GunsGuns, and SFX) into many sub-lumps to help in editing and navigation.
Last edited by Sergeant_Mark_IV on 04-11-11 at 21:06